robs609

Post Your Tactical Shotgun Pics

also... yeah I know you cant run pistol grip semi autos.. or drum fed semi autos.. but wtf.. I have been a member of the site for some time.. and now that I am getting out of NJ I am looking at my other options.. and simply talking about them because I feel like there are people here who I would like to continue to communicate with.. has not a thing to do with attention..

Problem is, you really are just looking for attention.

For starters, who are you "communicating with" here about drum fed semi auto shotguns? Not a damn single person here likely has any experience with them, aside from maybe a small handful of people here who have maybe moved here from elsewhere, or has a buddy somewhere else that let them run a couple mags once.

So that leaves us with the other 99% of posters on the site, of whom know nothing about anything on the ban list besides what they see on Youtube. So you aren't exactly getting any advice from them.

Why don't you go ask this stuff on S-12 boards? Or PAFOA?

What's next, you want CCW advice from the guys here who only carry for their trip to Cabela's? :lol:

• Like 3

For starters, who are you "communicating with" here about drum fed semi auto shotguns? Not a damn single person here likely has any experience with them, aside from maybe a small handful of people here who have maybe moved here from elsewhere, or has a buddy somewhere else that let them run a couple mags once.

So that leaves us with the other 99% of posters on the site, of whom know nothing about anything on the ban list besides what they see on Youtube. So you aren't exactly getting any advice from them.

What's next, you want CCW advice from the guys here who only carry for their trip to Cabela's? :lol:

umm by me posting about 20 round drums here YOU posted to look at the 12 round promags which I had not previously considered since most of my experience with promag (while limited) has been poor.. so you kind of contradict your own statement.. had I not posted here I would have never even considered the drum that I am likely buying..

and just because I am not getting advice it doesn't mean it can not be discussed.. is this thread "ask advice about shotguns" or is it "post your "tactical" shotgun"..

while you may believe the majority of people in NJ are a bunch of bitter cry babies I have found the complete opposite to be true.. I have helped and interacted with quite a few people from here both on the site and in person.. so yeah.. I am going to continue to be a part of the community irregardless as to if you like it or not..

and if stories of daily CCW and drum fed shotguns cause you to cry your eyes out.. then please.. by all means.. hold your hand over my posts when you see my name so you are not subjected to such horrors..

:thsmiley_deadhorse:

Are you kidding me, really, you have all of about 130 some odd posts and I'd say 90% of them are condescending or seem like they are put there to just stir up crap. Vlad is a damn good guy and if you see the content of the over 2500 poses he has and the amount of assistance he has provided the members here, you would be a little ashamed to have posted this.

I'd also take a look at the persons rating, I think there might be a little separation between you and Vlad, so I would say you really might want to think about a little more than just your initial thoughts before you post.

To note, I am not the first person to point out about your post style, you really might want to think about that. From some of the posts that contribute to the forum, you seem to have some knowledge to contribute, but you really might want to change it up a little. How about this, when you post, pretend your not on the forum, pretend you are with a brand new group of strangers having this talk and themand then write what you would say to them face to face.

Harry

• Like 2

and if stories of daily CCW and drum fed shotguns cause you to cry your eyes out.. then please.. by all means.. hold your hand over my posts when you see my name so you are not subjected to such horrors..

:thsmiley_deadhorse:

They make me cry, but I still enjoy your posts :).

Back on topic. Don't think I've posted a picture in this thread yet:

590A1.jpg

Mossberg 590A1

18.5" barrel . +2 extension . Wolff spring . VangComp follower . TacStar shotshell carrier . VangComp safety . MI Industries ambi sling plate . Hogue short LOP stock . Federal 00 buck

590A1.jpg

Mossberg 590A1

18.5" barrel . +2 extension . Wolff spring . VangComp follower . TacStar shotshell carrier . VangComp safety . MI Industries ambi sling plate . Hogue short LOP stock . Federal 00 buck

How do you like that stock? Mine came with a Speedfeed which had a LOP a mile long. I took it off and put on a Knoxx Spec-Ops which makes the safety and slide release in awkward places. Problem is then I'd be left with 3 stocks...still haven't gotten rid of the Speedfeed. Would like to know what you think of the Hogue.

I think you would like the front sight on my 500 persuader, it just needs a stock and you'd like it.

What front sight do you have on the 500?

How do you like that stock? Mine came with a Speedfeed which had a LOP a mile long. I took it off and put on a Knoxx Spec-Ops which makes the safety and slide release in awkward places. Problem is then I'd be left with 3 stocks...still haven't gotten rid of the Speedfeed. Would like to know what you think of the Hogue.

I like it a lot. It's very solid and very grippy. The shorter length of pull works well for me since I shoot with a more squared up stance. Probably the best mod I made to the gun.

stock looks good.. as does the gun...

Thanks

590A1.jpg

Mossberg 590A1

Beautiful!!!!!

I don't get speedfeed stocks... what's the point of them?

You can feed your mag tube with speed, duh!

It's not that I don't understand the point of them, I just don't understand why so many people like them. I think it's a 'tactical' gimmick to boost sales.

I'd much rather have a shell carrier on my vest, or if that isn't available a...sigh, side saddle.

• Like 1

whats with all the Vlad & Saiga 12 hating? :girlwerewolf:

Anthony knows his stuff & I would take the capacity of a semi over a pump for tactical purposes.

unfort, I live in NJ BUT I have a PA home that I can leave the Saiga while on vacation.

utilize that PA home to its fullest!

;)

whats with all the Vlad & Saiga 12 hating? :girlwerewolf:

Anthony knows his stuff & I would take the capacity of a semi over a pump for tactical purposes.

unfort, I live in NJ BUT I have a PA home that I can leave the Saiga while on vacation.

Alex, what shotgun do you use?

It's not that I don't understand the point of them, I just don't understand why so many people like them. I think it's a 'tactical' gimmick to boost sales.

I'd much rather have a shell carrier on my vest, or if that isn't available a...sigh, side saddle.

It's a great stock for me since it's full length, and what's wrong with having a place for 4 extra shells that don't interfere with the handling characteristics of the shotgun. And side saddles are the best way to carry extra shells, not sure why the hating on both systems.

It's a great stock for me since it's full length, and what's wrong with having a place for 4 extra shells that don't interfere with the handling characteristics of the shotgun. And side saddles are the best way to carry extra shells, not sure why the hating on both systems.

most people utilizing a shotgun in a tactical (I hate this word but whatever..) sense want it to be as small and as tight as possible without hindering use.. aren't you a pretty tall guy? if so that is probably why you prefer the full length stock.. and the rest of the world doesn't.. it is just like Drum fed AK shotguns.. you may like them.. you may not.. but it is not about YOU.. it is what is best for the individual user..

yeah.. full length mossberg 500 with full length tube and full length stock is a great gun... but PROBABLY not the right gun for someone who is like 5' 8"... you need to understand that everyone is different..

most people utilizing a shotgun in a tactical (I hate this word but whatever..) sense want it to be as small and as tight as possible without hindering use.. aren't you a pretty tall guy? if so that is probably why you prefer the full length stock.. and the rest of the world doesn't.. it is just like Drum fed AK shotguns.. you may like them.. you may not.. but it is not about YOU.. it is what is best for the individual user..

yeah.. full length mossberg 500 with full length tube and full length stock is a great gun... but PROBABLY not the right gun for someone who is like 5' 8"... you need to understand that everyone is different..

correct, which is why I use a pistol gripped 500 for HD and the 590A1 for the SHTF scenario

Just need do it like this..

Harry

• Like 2

Trying some wood out on my 870... prolly won't be a permanent deal :)

Regarding your sidesaddle issue - do some research on the wood forend from an 870 Police. I'm not 100% sure it'll work on an express (but I'm pretty sure it will). It should solve the interference problem.

Alex, what shotgun do you use?

YOURS!!

I am waiting for the KSG shottie for here in NJ, but would take a fully converted Saiga 12 in a heartbeat (if legal).

with the Saiga, I can just keep pulling the trigger till the drum empties! = FUN!

• Like 1

Regarding your sidesaddle issue - do some research on the wood forend from an 870 Police. I'm not 100% sure it'll work on an express (but I'm pretty sure it will). It should solve the interference problem.

I'm prolly gonna throw my synthetic forend and stock back on for now when I get the Mesa Tactical. The wood is too nice to beat up on that thing.

Just need do it like this..

Harry

1. She's hot.

2. When she has a vid of her loading like that at speed and someone trying to shoot dead her I'll be impressed.

3. She's hot.

4. I'm gonna bookmark this vid...for research purposes of course.