Maksim

Something wicked this way comes

What are your thoughts on the foam on the ACE stock? I've never dealt with it personally, but it seems like it eventually becomes a sore issue for a lot of people.

ETA: I forgot to say that its looking really good :icon_e_biggrin:. Must be getting antsy for that WOA upper to come in.

It got chewed up a little on mine so I took it off and wrapped it in paracord instead.. the paracord was comfortable and low enough that it didnt get chewed up..

What are your thoughts on the foam on the ACE stock? I've never dealt with it personally, but it seems like it eventually becomes a sore issue for a lot of people.

ETA: I forgot to say that its looking really good :icon_e_biggrin:. Must be getting antsy for that WOA upper to come in.

You shot mine at Fort Dix and I don't think you hated it. I love it and like Maks said, if it rips or wears out, I'll buy a new one.

That's right, Ray, I did experience it-- and the foam on the stock was pretty comfortable.

As vlad pointed out, my thought on the long term is that it would get torn up, but since its pretty cheap I guess it wouldn't be an issue.

It is here....

18 inch White Oak Armament Varmint Upper. 1 in 7.

Only thing missing is the sights... which will be next... For now will slap on my Burris scope... in the future we shall see.

so.... Guess the weight?

IMGP3536.JPG

IMGP3537.JPG

IMGP3538.JPG

It is here....

18 inch White Oak Armament Varmint Upper. 1 in 7.

Only thing missing is the sights... which will be next... For now will slap on my Burris scope... in the future we shall see.

so.... Guess the weight?

random guess 8.7 lbs lol

looks great..

For now, slapped on a Burris 3-9x40 I had laying around with some rings. want to see how much of a tack driver the rifle is.

After that, ultimately, i would love to see an elcan on it. hehe. or an aimpoint with a magnifier.

Impressions on the white oak.... all great from the get go....

Packaging was tough enough to open that could not open at the ups office, had to get home. lol.

came oiled and protected.

fit and finish are great. great tolerances everywhere, no rough edges. barrel came with a muzzle cover for shipment. Great crown. gas block looks good and well built.

Hoping to take it out on Sunday.... to dial it in.

What ammo/load are you planning on putting through it to test it out? I haven't tried to prove my rifle is a tack-driver, and haven't done any bench-rest shooting-- so, its beyond me-- but I was curious.

As for the packaging being tough-- at least you know no one else got to it :icon_razz:. I was so worried when I got my upper because it had a huge 'BCM' on the outside of the box (name of the manufacturer), but no issues there either.

White Oak makes some of the best uppers and very well priced.

The place I didnt cheap out on, and glad I didnt, was the lower and accessories...

could of done it alot cheaper... but extremely happy with how it turned out.