Guest HuntingPaper

My first AR

Guest HuntingPaper

Here's a picture of my first AR built by me!

post-2093-007117500 1285399218_thumb.jpg

Guest HuntingPaper

16" 1/7 medium YHM barrel.

YHM short round forend.

YHM flip up front sight with gas block.

Precision Firearms upper and bolt assembly.

Troy detachable rear sight.

DPMS lpk (I'll never use this again).

Ergo Pistol Grip.

ACE stock.

Spikes Tactical lower.

DPMS lpk (I'll never use this again).

What's wrong with the lower parts kit from DPMS?

i thought most of these kits are pretty standard. I'm thinking of getting this kit or the stag kit (from Vinny@HW) 'cause they're cheap. :icon_mrgreen:

Guest HuntingPaper

What's wrong with the lower parts kit from DPMS?

i thought most of these kits are pretty standard. I'm thinking of getting this kit or the stag kit (from Vinny@HW) 'cause they're cheap. :icon_mrgreen:

I compared against the Daniel Defense bought by Maksim and those DMPS are inferior quality. I also had to fit the safety because the hole for the detent on the safe position was deeper than the one on the fire position.

The Daniel Defense LPK is mil-spec (which really means it meets DD's standard for mil spec, and not necessarily the cheapest way of manufacturing parts for an LPK), and is fairly cheap-- $70-80 depending on where you look. Like the bolt carrier group and bolt, don't skimp out on the moving parts (even if it is a plinker) in the lower. Good/great quality these days doesn't really even have a price tag that will make you cry (unless you go with a Colt or LMT LPK... :icon_redface:)

Really nice looking AR though, and, yea, there really is some serious BRD going around right now :lol:

How is the stock trigger on the DD lpk? I bought the SSA as per your recommendation, but the stock one looks not bad...

The trigger group from one LPK to another is more or less the same and break at about 8.5lbs. The big thing for me is they're single stage triggers and I prefer a two stage like the SSA. Additionally, the SSA breaks closer to 4.5lbs, nearly half the weight of the LPK trigger.

Guest HuntingPaper

how much you think it took to put that together?

Around 1k...