Sign in to follow this  
ronhonda

BushMaster ACR recall

After MUCH debate between acr or scar, as much as I like the looks of the ACR I decided against it. One of the biggest turn offs is the apparent differences between the mil and civy ACR. Forget functionality, it PISSES me off. Its a peasent mentality I will never agree with.

What differences?

I've heard something about them offering the aluminum receiver (the Remington/MIL version), but I'm sure that's just internet rumor.

Still, you're right, Shane. What really gets under my skin is that the issues I've heard of are purely quality control issues, not even so much hardware. I've heard of bolts not being completely fastened, and those same bolts not having any type of redundant measures (like Loctite). And in another situation, Bushmaster QC people told a user who was having issues explicitly to never use 5.56 because the rifle was never designed for it.

Whether it can or cannot run 5.56 is another argument. The fact that Bushmaster would go out of their way to say it and/or make a product, that was targeted to a pretty specific market, and knowingly screw said market is appalling... and then, of course, price the rifle for 2500+ (MSRP)?! I mean, lets be honest, the rifle isn't priced over 2K because its the best thing since sliced bread. If I wanted to overpay for something no where near its value, I would just buy a George Foreman Grill (and even then, those things can be useful).

A realistic price would be around 1200, and most of that would be because of the barrel changing feature. If Remington released the actual hard-use version, sure, I could understand a $2000 price tag... but for what BM is offering? Its lunacy.

ETA:

Bushmaster (civilian version): http://www.bushmaster.com/acr/

Remington (military/LEO version): http://www.remingtonmilitary.com/RemingtonMilitary/Firearms/Carbines/ACR.aspx

A lot of people are confused about why two different manufacturers (and then throw Magpul into the mix) are producing the ACR-- and its because Bushmaster is handling the civilian sales/versions, while Remington is handling the military/LEO sales (or that's what it boils down too).

I don't get it... Magpul should have licensed the design to multiple manufacturers. This way there would be more competition between them to create better quality, and also sort through teething issues quickly.

Plus, they coulda made a ton of money too... But with Remington/Bushmaster owning the rights, it's a Monpoly.

" a design flaw which could result in multiple rounds firing continuously when the trigger is pulled. "

Why would i want to have it fixed? It's something I've been wanting for a very long time. :D

$20,000 in Fines and 10 years in the FPIMAP should be reason enough. :icon_rolleyes:

$20,000 in Fines and 10 years in the FPIMAP should be reason enough. :icon_rolleyes:

For the record, I don't own an ACR, i have an M4. Lol

actually,I guess it would be of no use anywhere in jersey. Once the range Officer hears something that sounds like a fully automatic weapon, it would raise a flag.