nitrospaz9

Reputation?

truthfully Jack's thread with the +/- 's in the marketplace is all I need. How people deal in transactions, says more than this rep stuff. jus saying.

+1, +/- for marketplace and require a comment for both.

• Like 1

There you go, +1

I do not like anonymous ratings. I am not here for popularity contest, but I would rather know who has given me a whopping -6 in total, and why. Of course, would also like to know who has given me +'s as well and why.

I agree with this.. it would be nice to know why I got a + or - am I here for the popularity of my posts.. :icon_rolleyes: no.. I am far from popular.. but it would be nice to know what I said right or wrong that motivated someone to rate my comment..

• Like 1

I agree it would be a nice feature to see who/why a person might give a +/-, its just too bad its a software issue.

In principle though, the reputation feature reinforces the fact that this is a public space-- and the moment anybody posts anything, its really no longer their property (meaning it can be copy/pasted, twisted, etc by anyone); so, we have to be accountable, in a sense, with what we put out there.

Also, I believe that people should become more active with the reputation feature. Its something I have to do myself as I have been seemingly glossing over it. And while it is anonymous, it does give immediate feedback to the person and community (without necessarily giving a typed response).

I am far from popular.. but it would be nice to know what I said right or wrong that motivated someone to rate my comment..

I think it's a bad idea. It might lead to a pissing contest and a possible virtual confrontation. With the limited number of places to shoot around here, you're bound to run into that person.

I think it's a bad idea. It might lead to a pissing contest and a possible virtual confrontation. With the limited number of places to shoot around here, you're bound to run into that person.

as a general rule of thumb I don't say things online that I would not say in person.. I recognize that everyone is entitled to an opinion and it may not always match mine.. so for me personally I don't see the issue, but can still appreciate where you are going with that.. and you are right.. some people.. might make a big stink over something little.. me personally.. I would not rate someones post as negative (or positive) if I was not prepared to explain why..

the other issue is it being anonymous is allowing people who don't like certain people to just rate everything negative that person says, which skews the whole concept.. to note the rating system on another board I am on, you can't just go nuts rating one person.. there is a provision in there that forces you to rate different people before you can come back and rate the same person again..

I guess there are both positives and negatives for having it be public..

Another issue I can think of is some people have a way of typing like the way they speak.

One example is Ray Ray (sorry buddy LOL). He's a great guy but sometimes he can be a bit of a ball buster. It's really funny but could be offensive to some overly sensitive people. Imagine if he types what he says... It will make him sound like an a-hole, but in reality it's just all in good fun.

I think that over time the rep points will balance out. Anyone abusing the system will likely get bored after a week or two, and after a year or so's time, the rep points will really show who contributes the most quality content. On the other hand, if they don't balance out, who cares? They don't mean anything important anyway.

it's not like we get prizes or stripes on our shoulders for rep points. I know I got very little worthwhile info to contribute other than the usual "blah blah blah". so as long as I'm not known as the board a-hole, I'm kewl.... but I know some people think me a "dweeb" :ph34r: :icon_lol:

My negative rating is at a record -50 today! Just yesterday it was -30! WTF?

I know, I am not the most popular guy here, but this rating is getting absurd. I speak my mind and don't try to be artificially "nice" for the sake of it. If that bothers some people then they are free to post their opinion in the threads, but not anonymously.

My marketplace rating is excellent (except for 1 unpleasant incident a while ago). The feedback mechanism in marketplace works fine.

fyi. I have requested maks if he can simply disable the rating system. Unless the person who giving the rating is also identified (I know, there is some limitation in software ...) and gives a reason, this just makes no sense to keep enabled.

• Like 3

My negative rating is at a record -50 today! Just yesterday it was -30! WTF?

I know, I am not the most popular guy here, but this rating is getting absurd. I speak my mind and don't try to be artificially "nice" for the sake of it. If that bothers some people then they are free to post their opinion in the threads, but not anonymously.

My marketplace rating is excellent (except for 1 unpleasant incident a while ago). The feedback mechanism in marketplace works fine.

fyi. I have requested maks if he can simply disable the rating system. Unless the person who giving the rating is also identified (I know, there is some limitation in software ...) and gives a reason, this just makes no sense to keep enabled.

Each member is only able to make one negative and one positive rating per day. If your rating dropped 20 points in a day you pissed off at least 20 people. Maybe the problem isn't the "person" who keeps rating you down...

• Like 1

Each member is only able to make one negative and one positive rating per day. If your rating dropped 20 points in a day you pissed off at least 20 people. Maybe the problem isn't the "person" who keeps rating you down...

Haha. Nothing I have posted in the last day or so would piss 20 people off.

• Like 3

If I were my typical self I would hit - on you just for saying that...but I'm tired. :)

And then maybe I'd have to + his post to counteract your - and then - you and the circle would be complete. lol.

The only person I've actually ever negatived was me. I did it as a test up thread. Again, not that it really is a big deal and one would like to think it would even out over time. If someone accumulates 500+ posts, reputation rating or not, people are going to have a pretty good idea if they are a jackass or not, so a rating really isn't going to tell you something you don't already know.

• Like 2

And then maybe I'd have to + his post to counteract your - and then - you and the circle would be complete. lol.

The only person I've actually ever negatived was me. I did it as a test up thread. Again, not that it really is a big deal and one would like to think it would even out over time. If someone accumulates 500+ posts, reputation rating or not, people are going to have a pretty good idea if they are a jackass or not, so a rating really isn't going to tell you something you don't already know.

Now if there were a completely separate jackass rateing I could actually get 500+'s.

• Like 2

You can only give one negative per day, but multiple positives per day. I understand the point of having a limit, but I think that the limit is too restrictive. I often find myself not having enough points to give out.....most of the time positives.

But just like others have said, I try not to take it too seriously. I have received negative points before. But 50?? Damn......I dont even think I have seen 50 negative points in all. I dont know where you got it all Radek.

You can only give one negative per day, but multiple positives per day. I understand the point of having a limit, but I think that the limit is too restrictive. I often find myself not having enough points to give out.....most of the time positives.

But just like others have said, I try not to take it too seriously. I have received negative points before. But 50?? Damn......I dont even think I have seen 50 negative points in all. I dont know where you got it all Radek.

Yeah, I know. Some folks don't like me and that's fine.

• Like 5