I have a buddy that moved up here from fla and he text messeges me earlier about airsoft guns. Said he tried ordering one but his order was canceled due to airsofts being firearms in nj. Does anyone know if they are just illegal to ship or if you needs fid card to buy one.

Godfather Paintball LLC http://maps.google.com/?cid=15379306424669990118s=9926988188503339927 - www.godfatherpaintball.com

319 route 22 east suite A, Green Brook, NJ - (732) 529-5284

Just order it from them. Good prices. They sell plenty of airsoft.

Godfather Paintball LLC http://maps.google.com/?cid=15379306424669990118s=9926988188503339927 - www.godfatherpaintball.com

319 route 22 east suite A, Green Brook, NJ - (732) 529-5284

Just order it from them. Good prices. They sell plenty of airsoft.

No. Don't. Screw them - they've screwed over the airsoft community a ton.

AirsoftGI does ship to NJ - I've ordered from them before.

If you really want, go to www.airsoftpost.com. I deal with them almost exclusively when ordering stuff. They ship to me no problem.

No. Don't. Screw them - they've screwed over the airsoft community a ton.

AirsoftGI does ship to NJ - I've ordered from them before.

If you really want, go to www.airsoftpost.com. I deal with them almost exclusively when ordering stuff. They ship to me no problem.

Do tell? I had a few convos with the owner and he seemed like a descent guy.

He does but you haven't dealt with him as much as I (and the rest of the NJ Airsoft community) have. He promised us discounts and sponsorships and then later on told us he never offered them. Private games that we scheduled were either forgotten or later on told that he had birthday parties booked at the same time and we would have to share the field.

Nah, im floored at the fact its even a bill. :facepalm:

Frankly i;m surprised it's taken THIS long for the legislature to notice Airsoft... I'm ALSo surprised they havent tried to regulate paintball somehow...after all "It's for the CHILDREN" :facepalm:

Frankly i;m surprised it's taken THIS long for the legislature to notice Airsoft... I'm ALSo surprised they havent tried to regulate paintball somehow...after all "It's for the CHILDREN" :facepalm:

Actually the bill has been sitting around in legislature for several years now. Never passes.

The only thing keeping Nerf guns legal is the pressure being put on the legislature by the powerful Nerf lobby. I've heard they've donated upwards of $38.50 to candidates on both sides of the aisle, hoping to keep the lawmakers from setting their anti-firearm sights on "devices that fire low velocity soft foam projectiles from manually charged low pressure air systems".

I fear that it's only a matter of time before Nerf falls under the heels of advancing gun control laws, and then... Super Soakers.

"You can put an eye out with that thing!"

The only thing keeping Nerf guns legal is the pressure being put on the legislature by the powerful Nerf lobby. I've heard they've donated upwards of $38.50 to candidates on both sides of the aisle, hoping to keep the lawmakers from setting their anti-firearm sights on "devices that fire low velocity soft foam projectiles from manually charged low pressure air systems".

I fear that it's only a matter of time before Nerf falls under the heels of advancing gun control laws, and then... Super Soakers.

"You can put an eye out with that thing!"

They can have my Fully-Automatic Nerf Gun and my 18 round magazines when they pry them from my cold, dead fingers......

• Like 1

This is the text of the current definition of a firearm in the state of New Jersey.

2C:39.1

f."Firearm" means any handgun, rifle, shotgun, machine gun, automatic or semi-automatic rifle, or any gun, device or instrument in the nature of a weapon from which may be fired or ejected any solid projectable ball, slug, pellet, missile or bullet, or any gas, vapor or other noxious thing, by means of a cartridge or shell or by the action of an explosive or the igniting of flammable or explosive substances. It shall also include, without limitation, any firearm which is in the nature of an air gun, spring gun or pistol or other weapon of a similar nature in which the propelling force is a spring, elastic band, carbon dioxide, compressed or other gas or vapor, air or compressed air, or is ignited by compressed air, and ejecting a bullet or missile smaller than three-eighths of an inch in diameter, with sufficient force to injure a person.

Back in April 2006 a Rider University baseball pitcher was charged with unlawfully possessing a weapon at an educational institution... His weapon of choice was an airsoft AK-47.

"An imitation AK-47 found in star Rider pitcher's room"

LAWRENCE -- A star Rider University baseball pitcher has been benched after he was charged late Tuesday with felony possession of what turned out to be an imitation AK-47 assault rifle.

The charge resulted from a fast-food deliverywoman spotting several young men inside a Rider dormitory with what she believed were deadly weapons, officials said.

The 9:50 p.m. incident at Hill Hall led to an intensive response by township police, who swarmed onto the campus, locked down its entrances and surrounded the dorm with guns drawn, looking for the armed subjects.

But the weapons apparently were pellet guns, and police only found one, an imitation AK-47 assault rifle, on the bed of freshman James Kennedy, 18, of Levittown, Pa.

Kennedy, who was recently named New Jersey College Baseball Association's Division I Rookie Pitcher of the Year, admitted the weapon -- a replica used in games of simulated police or military situations called "airsoft" -- was his, according to police, and he was apprehended by patrol officers. He was later released on a complaint summons charging him with unlawfully possessing a weapon at an educational institution, police said.

The university suspended the pitcher from playing in the Metro Atlantic Athletic Conference's (MAAC) baseball tournament, which starts today in Fishkill, N.Y.

Second-seeded Rider, with a 17-10 conference record, had been slated to send Kennedy and his 6-3 record to the mound in tonight's opener.

Rider is in summer session, and the only students in the Hill residence hall were members of the baseball team. The three others involved in the incident, who were unidentified, also have been suspended from the opening game today against Manhattan, pending a university probe of the incident, Rider officials said yesterday.

A university official said that members of the team may have been shooting at a paper cup in the hallway of the dorm. Airsoft guns typically fire small, 6-millimeter plastic balls.

"Rider takes this incident very seriously," athletic director Don Harnum said in a statement yesterday. "We are concerned with the safety and welfare of our community and the conduct of our student-athletes. Possession of a firearm, real or otherwise, is a violation of our student code of conduct and is not consistent with the university's values."

Harnum's statement said Rider is cooperating fully with Lawrence police and has informed the MAAC of the incident and the university's actions against the players.

Tony Campbell, Rider's vice president of student life, went to bat for Kennedy yesterday, saying the university's investigation shows Kennedy was not at the dorm during the alleged incident.

"He was not present at the time the (deliverywoman) reported the incident," Campbell said. Kennedy had apparently been at dinner with his parents and returned to the dorm as the incident was unfolding.

"It was in his room," Campbell said of the gun.

Lawrence police spokesman Lt. Mark Ubry said the charge against Kennedy is for possessing the weapon, not for being one of the people spotted by the deliverywoman.

Ubry said Rider security officials evacuated the dorm as police officers were arriving, and no one was in the residence hall when officers completed a room-by-room search for gunmen.

Officers found the replica AK-47 rifle, and Kennedy was present at the scene and admitted to owning it.

The woman who reported the incident was delivering food for a nearby fast-food chicken restaurant, police said. She apparently saw people roaming the halls with a rifle and handguns.

Airsoft weapons have been a concern of police departments around the country since they began appearing earlier this decade.

They are a bit different from most BB, pellet or paint guns since they are made to look exactly like real firearms.

(Other airsoft gun models, such as those that use carbon dioxide to fire metal BB pellets, are also meant to look like real handguns.)

A simple Internet search of airsoft guns yields an abundance of places to buy the guns, plus news stories of police officers describing heart-pounding moments in which they came face to face with someone holding one, unable to tell if it was a replica or real.

Locally, Hamilton police were the first to sound the alarm in March 2002, after patrol officers responding to a call of teens shooting at each other found the youths were using airsoft guns.

Then-Detective Capt. Kevin Pollard said parents and youths who think the guns are cool and harmless need to know the consequences of having one.

At night, sticking out of a teen's waistband, the airsoft looks exactly like a real gun, and officers will react on their training. "One of these kids is going to get shot, killed. Period," Pollard said.

Idiot. You don't bring anything even resembling a gun onto school grounds.

Imaging the carnage of the High School Girls Rifle Team, with rifles, at school, shooting at targets... Oh the humanity!

How Americans ever survived to become the enlightened 21st century drones we are today I'll never know...

07270u.jpg

Cardozo High School girls rifle team