AKA0314

Purchases at Brick Armory

I posted over the weekend, but I know there were problems with the forum. Just wanted to update you all that we went to BA on Saturday and got our money back, cash. No explination, no apology. I'm thinking the gun was never ordered, but who knows.

I'm glad you got your money back.

I'm thinking you need to call TJ Arms.

Sorry you had such a bad experience. Terrible welcome to the shooting world. I've found about 99% of the people in the shooting community are awesome and very helpful. You found the 1% who are douches apparently.

Thanks. I've already contacted Tony.

Just wanted to add that i had the same exact experience that many others have had with BA. I wish i would have found this forum before i placed my order with them. I used to go there to use the range for my Glock 22 and mossberg 590, and have always enjoyed the time spent there and the friendliness of everyone there. Thankfully i have not purchased a membership there yet. After this ordeal i dont know if i will even go back there for range time.

I ordered a S&W M&P 15 Nov 16th. I put a couple hundred down. They told me it would be a couple weeks for it to come in. That was cool with me. Two weeks later i put another couple hundred down. A couple weeks go by and i havent heard anything so i stop in to see if it arrived and if not i was going to put the remaining balance so that it was paid in full (dumb) and it wasnt there yet...ok no prob. Now its paid in full and we are going on over a month now and into January. Two weeks ago i call to see where it is, they tell me because of the snowstorm the deliveries got messed up and it should be in next week on Monday...ok i understand that and am cool with it. I call back the next week and same thing "Nothing yet, i havent gotten any deliveries, maybe it will be here b the end of the week. I call back the end of the week "nope havent gotten any deliveries this week call back monday or tuesday". I call back he tells me it hasnt come in and will check with the distributor on where it is, and tells me that it will be overnighted and will be there Friday. So i go in Friday to pick it up AND ITS NOT THERE WTF? This is when i started to get pissed off. He then tells me it will be in on Monday or Tuesday (usual story). I call him up Tuesday and you guessed it still nothing! So i ask for a full refund and thats where i am at right now. They say they have issued a refund to my card and it will take 3 days to hit my account. From this whole experience i dont believe him and dont expect to see the full amount ($957.00) in my account any time soon. If i dont receive my refund soon i will file a complaint with the state police (which i do not want to do) but this is just ridiculous. There is definitely something shady going on there.

It actually worked out good for me in the end because i just called up Spikes Tactical and put a down payment on a Mid length AR for the same price that BA was charging me for the S&W. Now i just have to get the refund money back from BA and when it goes to Spikes the gun will be shipped to my FFL and i'll have it in 3 weeks (its being built for me).

Make sure you call your CC company right away and file a "charge back" to Brick Armory! Chances are they have not even processed your refund yet and this will get the ball rolling. Be pro-active and do not wait for them. In reality, it should have shown up the same day if they have any balance in their merchant account.

It actually worked out good for me in the end because i just called up Spikes Tactical and put a down payment on a Mid length AR for the same price that BA was charging me for the S&W. Now i just have to get the refund money back from BA and when it goes to Spikes the gun will be shipped to my FFL and i'll have it in 3 weeks (its being built for me).

You won't be disappointed with a gun from Spikes. I had their ST-22 upper on a Spike lower and it was a great rifle.

I don't think they will be a vendor long. They have been bashed here quite a bit lately and since they aren't giving any of the members any discounts, I see SS getting a lot more business.

I also believe that if he looked around, he would have gotten a better deal. File a charge back amd complain to the state police. This is your hard earned cash. Don't walk, run!!!!

I always try to give the benefit of doubt and i tryed with the purchase. Now i will wait and see on the refund. I did in fact receive a fax from them today that i asked for proof of the refund that it has been processed. It should be credited to my acount in the next day or two, but from my experience the past two months i dont expect it and if i dont receive my money in the next two days i will in fact file a complaint with state police and file a dispute with my bank/visa. but we'll see.

Anyone have any theories on why this happens? Is it poor ordering/organization? Is it poor economics? Is it burned too many bridges and can only deal with one or two distributors? i noticed they are not listed on Galleryofguns.

What Staph said. I can't tell you how many bad checks they wrote me. He writes the check looks you in the eye and tells you it is good. Drive 5 min to the bank and they tell you insufficient funds. I learned my lesson after depositing a check in my account to and having the bank call me and tell me it was bad.

Before finding njgunforums... I had a similar experience to many buying a rifle from BA. Took over 1.5 months when it should have been in within 2 weeks. Towards the end I was calling everyday, and only got somewhere when I demanded a refund. "should be in XX day, call back then" , "getting shipment the end of the week, call back then", etc ,etc.

At least in the end, Phil got me a more expensive version of the rifle that came with more accessories for no extra charge.

Prior to the rifle, I did purchase a pistol through them that went pretty smooth. Only hitch on that was they never called me when it came in. I had to call to ask if it arrived.

Needless to say , my latest purchase was ordered online right to an FFL where I picked it up for a modest fee. 100X better experience.

This is the 2nd NJ gunshop going up on my ban list. You would think with such a small market, they would be going out of their way to provide great customer service.

I know there are good shops/dealers out there, and the next purchase I will be giving the highly rated ones here on the forum a run.

it's a robbing peter to pay paul thing. they have zero operating capital in the bank i bet.

My guess is that they have some cash flow problems!

We purchased several firearms from them near the peak of the post-2008 election panic. They were awfully slow but (eventually) delivered exactly what they promised.

Phil was very helpful, but the last I heard -- from them -- he wasn't there any more.

Sorry to hear that they're still having issues, or that it's gotten worse.

Just wanted to update. I got my full refund on Saturday. A day later than when they said the refund was issued but at least i got my money back. I am disappointed at this experience but i still support them as one of my local ranges/shops. I really hope they get their act together with the orders and lying to the customers as they could have a VERY lucrative range there. I probably will not join as a member now as i was hoping to do early this year. I will just go with Central Jersey.

Great thread to read... I am just starting out in the gun community and have a friend that goes to Brick. I was going to get a membership there but not so sure now. I haven't purchased anything from them, and after reading this I'm don't think I will. Poor transactions leave a bad taste and I've had enough of those through life.