Destinydog

S&W M&P 15-22

There are plenty of threads about this gun in the rimfire section. But yes, for what it is, it's a great gun. Just remember that you are spending $450 for a .22 that is good for...plinking. This is something that I would recommend getting after you purchase more practical guns. If you want a .22 for plinking, there are cheaper models. Just my opinion.

There are plenty of threads about this gun in the rimfire section. But yes, for what it is, it's a great gun. Just remember that you are spending $450 for a .22 that is good for...plinking. This is something that I would recommend getting after you purchase more practical guns. If you want a .22 for plinking, there are cheaper models. Just my opinion.

Practical for what?

Home defense? Shooting farther than a .22 can accurately shoot? Again. This is an expensive .22. If someone wants a super cool "tactical" .22 as their first gun, that's fine. As I said in my post, I was just making a suggestion. I don't know what your current firearm collection is. My first purchase was a 15-22. It's a nice gun, but I'm on a limited budget, and I decided to get rid of it for something that could be used for more than just plinking at relatively short distances.

I just bought one from vinco on the forum for 460 otd. I have only had cb longs through it so far I will take it to the range this weekend. So far I am very impressed . I just picked up a cheap truglo red dot at dicks for 30. I ordered a pinned 15 rd mag from rrages.com and some magpul xt rail covers and a angled foergrip.post-2310-0-18866400-1293414937_thumb.jpg

I have one myself, and its quite awesome. I use mine primarily as a trainer actually, not just a plinker. With that said, I've been running it relatively hard, and its held up just fine with around 800+ rounds through it with no malfunctions (450~ in one session, with no cleaning).

i love mine.

wanted something cheap to shoot w/a more tacti-cool style it loves to eat the federal 525 bilk packs.

easy to break down and clean,

plenty of rails included out of the box to dress it up how you like,

i liked the fact that the trigger spring is the same as a real ar(i swapped out the stock ones w/lighter jp springs)

added a red dot, its a ton of fun for plinking

the lightweight is nice and easy to handle and ALMOST makes it feel like youre shooting something more signifigant.

bought one 2 weeks ago put about 2 hundred rounds threw it.. love it.... a little off subject does anybody know a good site to get some goodies from?

It really depends on what your looking for, optics planet has a ton of gear you can look through. Believe it or not but amazon also has a good deal of stuff, but you need to know what you want. As far as the barrel cover(fake silencer) thats probably the only thing you would need some one to tell you where to find. Any other accessory you can find on an AR/rifle supply site.

I hope to get out to shoot my new 15-22 on Tuesday. Have to sight it in. Got it from Tony, best price and service around, seriously! Ordered one of the rrange mags in 15 and put a loading pin in the stock 10 round mag it came with (why do that have the load button on the 25 and short 10 round mags but not on the long 10 round it comes with?). Also ordered some ladder rail covers in tan to give it a little color.

I hope to get out to shoot my new 15-22 on Tuesday. Have to sight it in. Got it from Tony, best price and service around, seriously! Ordered one of the rrange mags in 15 and put a loading pin in the stock 10 round mag it came with (why do that have the load button on the 25 and short 10 round mags but not on the long 10 round it comes with?). Also ordered some ladder rail covers in tan to give it a little color.

I'm not sure why the older 10 round magazines are that way, but Smith and Wesson does sell factory 10 round magazines with the loading assist spring-thing. I agree though 100%, the magazines without the load assist thing are just painful to load (especially when its cold).