Caine

Kel-Tec KSG

I've always found any bullpup gun to be perceptibly louder than a similar non-bullpup design in the same caliber due to the closer proximity of the receiver to the ear when firing. You can easily tell the difference when only firing mouse fart 22lr so touching off 12ga buck or slugs are certainly going to be an adventure!

I'm a little worried about the slide coming back on your fingers if they are too high on the pistol grip. Check when he cycles the gun how close his fingers are. That could be painful indeed.

I'm a little worried about the slide coming back on your fingers if they are too high on the pistol grip. Check when he cycles the gun how close his fingers are. That could be painful indeed.

Okay. After recovering from nausea from the cameraman, I see your point. A Magpul AFG would be ideal for the front grip.

Why would you want a side saddle, as the one guy asked if it could be installed? I guess 15 rounds isn't enough for him. :icon_rolleyes:

It's not gonna be perfect, nothing man-made is. But Shane, your anti pump gun blood is bleeding through! You were just waiting for something, anything, to make you NOT want this.

Let me see... if you dump 15 rounds of shotshells, and you need to reload from a sidesaddle, do you think ....

1) you brought the wrong gun to a gunfight.

2) you suck and should not be allowed to own a gun.

3) you spend more money on tactical goodies then you do on ammo and practice.

4) you might have wanted to look up the term "administrative reloads" at some time.

5) all the above.

Let me see... if you dump 15 rounds of shotshells, and you need to reload from a sidesaddle, do you think ....

1) you brought the wrong gun to a gunfight.

2) you suck and should not be allowed to own a gun.

3) you spend more money on tactical goodies then you do on ammo and practice.

4) you might have wanted to look up the term "administrative reloads" at some time.

5) all the above.

When do we get our grades back?

Seems an issue has already been uncovered.... Apparently if you do not release the trigger before you pump the slide the trigger goes tits up :icon_e_surprised: The only way to reset the trigger is to pump again dumping a live round. How the hell did that get past engineering? No thanks!

Yeah, that's a problem. I was wondering if you could "auto-trigger" this (hold the trigger down while pumping and as soon as the next round is fully chambered it fires).

Yeah, that's a problem. I was wondering if you could "auto-trigger" this (hold the trigger down while pumping and as soon as the next round is fully chambered it fires).

Referred to as slam-firing.

Ray, I dont dislike it because I dislike pump shot guns because I dont dislike pump shotguns. I dont prefer any shotgun for most scenarios, but that doesnt mean I dislike them. Personaly I prefer a pump to an auto. For me, I run it better. But I dont care for the Kel Tec because, I dont care for the brand, I dont care for the gimick-ness of the product, I dont like solutions looking for problems. I seriously dislike their engineering which has been born out yet again in this product...

• Like 1

Slugs in 1 tube, buckshot in the other, breaching rounds/flares/incendiary/smoke in the side saddle(s)

Don't forget rubber ball shot, bean bag shot, and those new shotgun taser rounds!

Seems an issue has already been uncovered.... Apparently if you do not release the trigger before you pump the slide the trigger goes tits up :icon_e_surprised: The only way to reset the trigger is to pump again dumping a live round. How the hell did that get past engineering? No thanks!

I actually have an older jc higgin's pump gun that does this.

The beauty of the KSG, to me, is not necessarily the capacity, but the ease of changing between ammunition types.

Of course two questions are posed:

1. Is using that "switch" easier then doing a swap under pressure?

2. Would I be in a situation where I need to switch ammo types on the fly (as it's intended use is HD).

That second question is subjective, and is based on the operator. So, there is no real "right" answer.

As for the first, no clue as I haven't run one... But it does seem like it could be easier.