Maksim

NJGF @ Shot Show 2011

Well, the show is over, and the last of us are back in NJ.... WTF? 10 degrees? Pretty close to booking another few weeks in vegas, where 60 degrees last night was a bit nippy. :icon_e_surprised:

In all seriousness, it was a terrific show... if there was one word to describe it, it is overwhelming. I want to thank all the people that encouraged me to go, and I want to thank Tony, of TJ sporting arms for making me go. Being in "America" is a totally radical experience where you can freely have 2 hour discussions on various firearms with the craps dealers at the Wynn, or your shuttle bus driver to the airport. Firearms are just a tool and a hobby for people there, not much different as if we were to react to which is your favorite beach down the shore.

there are a few other updates that I either totally forgot about or saw on the last day. So will post those tomorrow.

Including:

the New GSG guns and the 1911 Conversion kits coming out, the new "p-02" type CZ updates, and the multitude of CZ clones and USPSA/IPSC guns.

I would love to see alot more people go and experience the show if they wish, and really make it an NJGF event. If anyone is seriously interested and will want to join the group.... let me know, and will see about getting you in under NJGF "Press" credentials.

For anyone that did go, if you could be kind enough......to estimate the expenses for the show? Flight, hotel, food, random things here and there. It may help some of us decide if it's a viable option or not.

you can book hotel/flight packages together, will vary depending on hotel. I booked airfare for $290 roundtrip, stood at my time share. we made breakfast in condo everyday,lunch typically ran $10 a day at food court in Venetian Hotel, dinner ran about $20/$25 buffet, 1 night we ate in nice Chinese restaurant in Venetian for $35 ea, great steak place, Smith & Wollington on strip, ran $95 ea, included wine/liquor. Vegas offer a wide range of packages depending on budget. Taxi's are much cheaper than NY City, would run about $12-$20 to run entire strip,depending on traffic, but most hotels offer free shuttle serives to various locations. We truly had a great time. :rolleyes:

you can book hotel/flight packages together, will vary depending on hotel. I booked airfare for $290 roundtrip, stood at my time share. we made breakfast in condo everyday,lunch typically ran $10 a day at food court in Venetian Hotel, dinner ran about $20/$25 buffet, 1 night we ate in nice Chinese restaurant in Venetian for $35 ea, great steak place, Smith & Wollington on strip, ran $95 ea, included wine/liquor. Vegas offer a wide range of packages depending on budget. Taxi's are much cheaper than NY City, would run about $12-$20 to run entire strip,depending on traffic, but most hotels offer free shuttle serives to various locations. We truly had a great time. :rolleyes:

Welcome back. Just in time to see the Jets win then get walloped by another snow storm. :)

Well, the show is over, and the last of us are back in NJ.... WTF? 10 degrees? Pretty close to booking another few weeks in vegas, where 60 degrees last night was a bit nippy. :icon_e_surprised:

In all seriousness, it was a terrific show... if there was one word to describe it, it is overwhelming. I want to thank all the people that encouraged me to go, and I want to thank Tony, of TJ sporting arms for making me go. Being in "America" is a totally radical experience where you can freely have 2 hour discussions on various firearms with the craps dealers at the Wynn, or your shuttle bus driver to the airport. Firearms are just a tool and a hobby for people there, not much different as if we were to react to which is your favorite beach down the shore.

there are a few other updates that I either totally forgot about or saw on the last day. So will post those tomorrow.

Including:

the New GSG guns and the 1911 Conversion kits coming out, the new "p-02" type CZ updates, and the multitude of CZ clones and USPSA/IPSC guns.

I would love to see alot more people go and experience the show if they wish, and really make it an NJGF event. If anyone is seriously interested and will want to join the group.... let me know, and will see about getting you in under NJGF "Press" credentials.

Maks, Kristen and I plan on attending. For a shorter amount of time though. It was great. So many funny littie stories and more little black dresses/ high heels then guns at the show. :D

Las Vegas 1/24-1/27.

Incorrect Shot Show 2012 is 1/17-1/20

Cabs were cheap, you can usually share a ride with some people and ride in a limo. Did that with TJ and back to the airport. I will say, there is no couched in the rooms and when you looking for downtime, TJ's condo (timeshare) was like a palace. There was a mesy pillow found, not sure how that happened........................

Maks, Kristen and I plan on attending. For a shorter amount of time though. It was great. So many funny littie stories and more little black dresses/ high heels then guns at the show. :D

Incorrect Shot Show 2012 is 1/17-1/20

Cabs were cheap, you can usually share a ride with some people and ride in a limo. Did that with TJ and back to the airport. I will say, there is no couched in the rooms and when you looking for downtime, TJ's condo (timeshare) was like a palace. There was a mesy pillow found, not sure how that happened........................

NO YOU ARE INCORRECT!!!! Shot Show 2012 is Jan 24-27th. Read the link from NSSF!

http://www.nssf.org/SHOT/about.cfm

The only thing is Vegas that is cheap are the $6.99-$9.99 buffets but you have to know where to look. A slice of pizza at the Venetian was $7.00. Did that last year. Never again!

NO YOU ARE INCORRECT!!!!Shot Show 2012 is Jan 24-27th. Read the link from NSSF!

http://www.nssf.org/SHOT/about.cfm

Both may be off. I have seen both dates floated at the show. in time we will know.

As far as costs... it will vary, the two major ones, airfare and hotel. One thing that many forget to take into account is food prices. Depending on where you stay, it will range from slightly overpriced, to WTF are they thinking.

My personal costs were $200.02 for airfare from JFK (Priceline name your price), and $500 for hotel (Wynn & Encore). For the show, I would definitely recommend staying at the Venetian/Palazzo if you can afford it. Otherwise, Treasure Island, Harrahs, and Wynn are the next closest. You do walk.... ALOT.

I really hope to pencil in plans in the coming months for 2012 SHOT. Always seems like a good time, plus, who could complain being in Vegas (in January!).

It could be pretty interesting if we could get an NJGF group out there for next year.

History shows that it starts in the teens and runs into the 20th's of the month.

I'd be willing to wager I am correct. Any takers?

I will take that bet.

If you are wrong, you have to pay for my airfare and hotel for the 2012 show. If you are right, I will pay for my airfare and hotel for the 2012 show.

I will take that bet.

If you are wrong, you have to pay for my airfare and hotel for the 2012 show. If you are right, I will pay for my airfare and hotel for the 2012 show.

Looks like he is afraid to take the bet. I was also at the show and there was a banner hanging from the ceiling in the main corridor as you walk out that said 1/24-1/27 2012.

Looks like he is afraid to take the bet. I was also at the show and there was a banner hanging from the ceiling in the main corridor as you walk out that said 1/24-1/27 2012.

You were at the show and did not want to stop by and say hello? How did you get in?

btw, enough with the pissing contest. In time we will see what days the show is next year.

I will take that bet.

If he wagered something that had gain for me, I would bet. I am definitely not afraid to bet.

The highlight of the show was being invited to the Sig cocktail party in the Venetian/Palazzo Ballroom! Free beer,wine and cheese. I almost forgot the roast beef also!

Pictures or it didn't happen. Seems more like a friend went or something. Let's see your badge and then I will believe you. I was too busy hanging with friends from the forum to be on sigs cock....tail party. Hope you enjoyed the free beef.

You sure seem like a real douchebag.

If he wagered something that had gain for me, I would bet. I am definitely not afraid to bet.

Pictures or it didn't happen. Seems more like a friend went or something. Let's see your badge and then I will believe you. I was too busy hanging with friends from the forum to be on sigs cock....tail party. Hope you enjoyed the free beef.

Party was good. Everytime I looked around they were restocking the table with a slab of beef the size of a 5 gallon bucket! Lasted about 2 hours. Met Todd Jarrett and Max Michelle.