Maksim

NJGF @ Shot Show 2011

I went up to Gunny and said:

Excuse me Sir, don't mean to bother you but we belive your Gunny.

Gunny: (big smile) you do. now do ya.

Me: Yes, and I want to thank you for your serive.

Gunny: My service was a pleasure boys

Me: Thank you, Good Night and Good luck

Regulator: See you tomorrow.

haha.. He was awesome and it went nice. Don and I were playing right next to him.

Gents,

the drinks flowed last night in Vegas. Video's of a certain woman pouring shots....oh it was a great time. I am sure we are moving a little slower today as a result.

Oh, gott go. Time to go see SS.

Peace out homie! Video's later...

Well, I am finally at 36,000 feet on Virgin America flight 251, or is it 261... This is totally awesome. Wifi on board, free satelitte tv. Totally awesome. now if I only got a bit more sleep.

Due to arrive in Vegas around 1pm Vegas time, 4pm eastern. Not sure if will have time to make it to the show today. Roads were horrible, sat on the tarmac about 1 hour before takeoff.

Well, I am finally at 36,000 feet on Virgin America flight 251, or is it 261... This is totally awesome. Wifi on board, free satelitte tv. Totally awesome. now if I only got a bit more sleep.

Due to arrive in Vegas around 1pm Vegas time, 4pm eastern. Not sure if will have time to make it to the show today. Roads were horrible, sat on the tarmac about 1 hour before takeoff.

Have a fun time!

Ok. Some summaries for day 1 of shot show.

Had a blast.

Got here around 3pm, met up with Tony (tj sporting arms), Bry@n and Mrs, and Regulator. Tony's business partner joined us later.

Smith & Wesson.

I am quite impressed. In fact... really impressed and would say their new product intros were some of the most significant of all the major vendors.

M&P 22. Yes... a 22 caliber version of the popular M&P pistol. Great build quality. Designed and built by Walther... made in Germany. Looks exactly like the M&P 9. Slide is very good quality. Frame itself feels exactly like the originals. I like the frame mounted safety too. Great gun. Cant wait.

Smith Wesson Governor - an improved Taurus Judge. Awesome build quality. Unlike the Taurus... this will fire not only 410 and 45 LC, it will also fire 45 ACP! Sweet Smith & Wesson trigger to boot.

Walther PPQ - Not tooo bad. the selling point is good ergonomics, think of Hk P30. Crisp 5lb trigger, and a very very very short reset. They claim .1" reset. Think HkP30 ergonomics, shoots like an M&P 9mm. Avail in 15 round 9mm, or 12? round 40 SW.

Ruger LC9 - This pistol is Tiny. About size of the LCP. Aside from that... I am not impressed. The grip is way tooo thin, and I can imagine it being a pain to shoot many rounds. For a price / value for 9mm, it is a good gun, but I would rather stick to a Smith Bodyguard 380 or Sig P238. Trigger is a typical rough Ruger trigger.

Sig P290 - I really am not impressed. Frame is tiny, and no great way to hold it comfortably. It was not center of attention at the Sig booth.

Once again, impressed with overall quality of P226 and P229 elite. Great news... Sig is releasing new P210's. Classic lines.... awesome grip/fit finish. Expect a price of $1500 and up.

Hk - Nothing new

Taurus - When they copy you, (Smith Wesson), you go bigger. Taurus had a 28 guage taurus judge type gun. It was huge. Not bad a trigger.

I spoke with the rep about the Taurus quality control issues and warranty issues. They are not promising that there is a 4 day turnaround time.

What I am most impressed with though... this new to the states Turkish company, Sarsilmaz. www.sarsilmaz.com. They have plenty of CZ type clones, and claim to be OEM for companies like Remington and Winchester. I have plaid with some of them, and I must say, for their retail price point of $450 or so, totally amazing. Their star in my eyes... a CZ75 clone, in 45 ACP. 14 rounds of 45 ACP in a CZ 75 package. They will be making it soon in 10mm too.

These guns are imported by EAA.

Please search for the pics, as the internet in the hotel is slow. They should be out there.

S