Maksim

NJGF @ Shot Show 2011

here is a link from another site showing many different 1911's that were at the Shot Show.

http://ezine.m1911.o...thread.php?t=70

that RIA .22TCM 1911 looks sweet... new cartridge from a chopped and necked down .223 case. I hope they will actually bring that to the market.

If it wasnt for the price of ammo..... I could be a 1911 whore :icon_eek:

timeless design....

instead i will stick to my 9mm... :icon_cool:

I just couldn't part with my Pt1911 when it was up for sale a month or so back.

I love shooting it waaay too much and is soo accurate for a crappy shooter like me ;)

CZ - Really like CZ more and more. It is just amazing how CZ has come into its own. Its booth was packed. Just an FYI... the CZ 75's, the original ones, do take the CZ 75B mags. So there are no issues buying the originals on Wideners or wherever they were. It makes a difference for pre-ban or post ban mags in states where it matters.

Any mention in the CZ booth about the new P02 (which is already available outside of the US - basically the P01 w/ the Omega trigger group) or the P08 (long slide version of the P07)?

Thanks!

Will check on CZ tomorrow.

Getting a bit of show overdose.

Visited the Rohrbaugh firearms booth today. After seeing all of the pocket pistols, these are still by far the nicest. The metal frame is still quite light, and the fit an finish is superb. In the crowded space of Sig P290's, the LC9, the bodyguards... if you want the best, this is it. As the saying goes, "Buy once, cry once."

The new gun for them is the R9S Special Ops, which is textured wilson grips, and a hard finish. Once again, this is not a range gun, their recommended cleaning cycle is every 30 rounds or so, even though the manual says 50.

Visited a few other accessories booths including Berry's, which is now playing with a new double plated process, which Ron Avery, an IPSC/USPSA shooter is testing.

Got some samples from other manufacturers as well.

Update on AK situation with IO. Spoke with their director. They have spoken and conferenced (NRA attorneys, NJ AG, IO & Lawyers) and came to the conclusion that the guns are legal, however the new ones will be stamped CS Sporter, and will not have Kalashnikov anywhere on the receiver.

They will further, as per my request, see about remolding their mags to 15 rounds for NJ.

Ooh, forgot a biggie.

Browning 1911's in 22LR. It is avail in two sizes, standard and small. They feel ok. I am really not impressed though. :icon_e_confused:

One of the main issues I see happening are Slide Bite and Hammer Bite. There is a nearly non existent beavertail, and even myself, with small hands, it comes very close.

Lastly, wtf is up with all the new Turkish gun companies. There are at least 3 or 4 I ran into that are producing CZ clones. Their names are just as unpronounceable. All seem to be at a lower price point. Even saw one chambered in a Tokarev.

Update on AK situation with IO. Spoke with their director. They have spoken and conferenced (NRA attorneys, NJ AG, IO & Lawyers) and came to the conclusion that the guns are legal, however the new ones will be stamped CS Sporter, and will not have Kalashnikov anywhere on the receiver.

They will further, as per my request, see about remolding their mags to 15 rounds for NJ.

Sweeeeeeeeeeet! I'm so getting one. :D

Completely forgot about Magpul. Will check it tomorrow on the 15 round mags.

Any luck with that?