Shug

Craziest Computer Den in America

this got me laughing hard, especially the last line

"K, Mr. Redneck. Even if our computer rig contest is long over, you win. You got the biggest computer desktop of them all. And even if that weren't the case, that giant anti-aircraft gun says you win anyway."

:icon_lol: :icon_lol:

p.s.

i love those $700 Herman Miller chairs, wish I had one at home too

Wow... I have seen my new goal...

I'm actually waiting on my new mobo today, damned snow, UPS should have had it at the house last night. I am finally going to retire my 8 year old P4 machine and replace it with an i7 980x. I'm freakin' jonesin' to get home and finish the build... :icon_e_biggrin:

Wow... I have seen my new goal...

I'm actually waiting on my new mobo today, damned snow, UPS should have had it at the house last night. I am finally going to retire my 8 year old P4 machine and replace it with an i7 980x. I'm freakin' jonesin' to get home and finish the build... :icon_e_biggrin:

good luck. Hope it boots no problems for you. Newegg?

All I can say is Wow! This thing smokes! Going from an 8 year old single P4 3GHZ w/HT proc to this monster is night and day. The biggest problem I had was the case. The original I selected I had measured and two days before I placed my order they discontinued it. I scrambled last minute for a similar case and Jumped on the Cool Master Sniper but it is easy the hight of a full size tower, very deceiving in photots...

5375_14.jpg

But the performance, wow! Words can not effectively tell you how happy I am with this thing. :icon_e_surprised:

Desktop.jpg

So that is six HT Cores @ 3.33GHZ (12 logical processors!), 24GB Kingston Hyper-X RAM, 2 NVIDIA GeForce Video cards (running in SLI), a 128GB SSD for the system and a 1TB 7200rpm 6mps SATA hard drive for data, an Hp Blu-ray burner, An Asus Rampage III Motherboard, a KINGWIN Lazer LZ-1000 1000W Modular power supply and running Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit!

Yeah when you get up to that many cores and that much ram, of course it will be fast :D

Right, My old PC scored a 2.8 for the "Windows Experience" in Vista so this is just insane from what I was using. I used to build the latest and greatest every two-three years, then came the children and then went the discretionary funds! For me to go eight years on the same rig is like I'm still driving a horse and buggy...

I was half asleep from playing CoD2 and PR all last night, so sorry NJ2A I thought I answered your question but I was most likely dreaming that while I was typing... :icon_e_biggrin:

Yes, I ordered everything from Newegg, they are the best, I have been buying from them for about 10 years. The thing I love the most besides the layout of their site and their prices is the fact that they retain all of your invoices and hardware description pages (including reviews and relevant links) online indefinitely! They are the best! I also have a preferred account with them so I can pay this puppy off over the next 12 months intrest free!

Plus, Newegg delivers most everything next day if they ship from their Raritan warehouse.

You don't mess around when you build a new PC. 24 GB RAM!?

I figure after eight years I'd treat myself and go all out, besides by the time I have the funds to build another PC transluminal processing will be out dated...

Newegg charges tax cuz they're in NJ. If you order from tigerdirect or zipzoomfly.com they're out of state and don't charge tax :D

Yea but generally the tax is less than overnight shipping and 90% of what I order is on my doorstep the next afternoon... :icon_e_biggrin:

Newegg charges tax cuz they're in NJ. If you order from tigerdirect or zipzoomfly.com they're out of state and don't charge tax :D

I second this :)

Plus Amazon, I end up finding lots of stuff cheap on Amazon.

I think it's always best to browse http://www.techbargains.com/rss.xml and find best deals.