Regulator72

Chiappa Rhino 4"

Picked up a Chiappa Rhino 4" in .357 this weekend from Tony @ TJ's, once again, smooth easy transaction as always... Only fired a few rounds thru it today @ Dix and CJ, but so far, I like it. I have only put a few rounds of .357, but I'm looking forward to trying out some .38 this week hopefully..

It's so ugly, it's cool looking.. I have not shot many .357's, so I can't honestly compare the recoil from a traditional barrel setup.. Recoil was minimal, with a bit of a "bite" into the palm of your hand, I'm sure grip had some to do with that, along with the low barrel. Trigger pull is super light when cocking hammer is used and it's fits my hand nicely. overall it looks like it could be a fun gun.. here's some cell pics..

IMG_20110220_162708.jpg

IMG_20110220_162239.jpg

IMG_20110220_162010.jpg

IMG_20110220_162203.jpg

How is the quality?

I'm really impressed with the quality, the fit n finish is really nice, all parts are tight and meant to be together, nothing sloppy. It has a pretty beefy build to it. I'd say it's built pretty well...

Tony, the muzzle flip is "almost"" non existent, and thats with .357, very easy to keep on target. I'll probably have it @ SS on Tuesday night if anyone cares to shoot it.

here's a pic from SHOT showing the trigger what nots..

IMG_7694.jpg

Wow, that mechanism looks Rube-Goldberg-esque. Didn't I see that in the game mousetrap?

Anyway, good luck with it. I've liked the Rhinos since I first saw them. Is the hammer easy to cock? The small tang on it makes me wonder.

Wow, that mechanism looks Rube-Goldberg-esque. Didn't I see that in the game mousetrap?

Anyway, good luck with it. I've liked the Rhinos since I first saw them. Is the hammer easy to cock? The small tang on it makes me wonder.

It's not too bad, non trigger thumb no problem, two thumbs super easy..

Congrats Don. It's sweet.

I read about these in Guns & Ammo I believe and when we saw the booth at Shot, we looked for a while. Very cool gun.

Yeah, it's funny cause on the flight out to Vegas for SHOT, I watched an episode of Guns n Ammo TV, where they featured the Rhino lineup. They all received great reviews, the SHOT booth and playing with each model and the cutaway is what sold me..

Not being a Revolver guy, but wanting one to add to the stable, I think this was a nice fit.