bullpin

evan nappen and brian aitken on tv sat. night

Just figured I would post this.Should be interesting.

EVAN NAPPEN AND BRIAN AITKEN

TO DISCUSS NJ GUN LAW TRAVESTY

ON FOX NEWS – SATURDAY, 9:00 PM!

Evan Nappen and Brian Aitken are scheduled to appear on the Justice With Judge Jeanine Pirro program on Saturday, February 26 at 9:00 p.m. on the Fox News Channel, to discuss Aitken's horrific ordeal being wrongly imprisoned under New Jersey's unconstitutional gun laws before Governor Christie commuted his sentence in December.

Nappen is an ANJRPC board member and gun rights attorney, and Aitken is a 27-year-old CEO who was wrongly sentenced to 7 years in prison for moving to New Jersey from Colorado with legally owned firearms, even though New Jersey law explicitly allows this. For more background on this travesty, see ANJRPC President Scott Bach's Star Ledger op-ed detailing how Aitken was victimized by the system. http://blog.nj.com/njv_guest_blog/2010/12/jersey_laws_wound_gun_owners.html

Be sure to tune in on Saturday at 9 p.m

Wow, not sure how confident I would be with Nappen behind me in court, guy doesn't look the part AT ALL.. Not being a douche, but not what I expected I guess...

I saw him speak very briefly when I joined CR. He didn't exactly project the confidence you'd want from a lawyer defending you in court

I cant stand this.... talking like he is innocent. He broken the freakin law. Hi cap mags and hollow points. yes yes, 7 years was too much, but lets stop the BS, we are all adults here. we all know he broke the law.

I'm surprised that they are still trying to portray that. I mean WE are mostly adults, but most of the public who JUST watches the broadcast may just believe his side of the story. I guess if they tell the story enough, most will believe it. This is exactly how I have felt about the whole thing from the start though.

Evan Nappen is good at one thing - selling himself. Look up his legal record, it's not too impressive. Look up his legal briefs, they're not very well written. Best I can find is that he made himself a common name in NJ gun laws because he can send an ominous letter to police chiefs and mayors to get them moving on permits. IMO, this is just not a story to try to find legs on which to stand for NJ gun law reform.

I cant stand this.... talking like he is innocent. He broken the freakin law. Hi cap mags and hollow points. yes yes, 7 years was too much, but lets stop the BS, we are all adults here. we all know he broke the law.

And the colonists dumping tea into Boston Harbor broke the law also........Just sayin'

Didn't see this clip, but last video I saw of Nappen debating mayor Booker he was dressed like Cowboy Ron Jeremy with a pony tail. Come on now.

It's sad when people get their 15 minutes, and start to believe their own public relations.

What about the hollow points were illegal? I was under the impression the HPs were covered under the transportation between residences clause.

Also, with the hi-cap mags, are we sure that they were hi-cap? He was railroaded pretty hard in court, were the mags put through any testing by the defense? Were they entered into evidence? My understanding is they found him guilty of possession of a HG. Did the jury find him guilty of hi-cap mags as well?

Many of NJ's citizens are clueless of the laws and find them ridiculous once you outline what they actually are. In my encounters with regular folks it seems the true anti-gunner is a rare breed, and these are usually of the simple minded position that guns should be outlawed altogether.

The Aitken case hit pretty close to home for me. My theory had always been that in New Jersey it does not matter if you are within the law to own and use guns. If they want to throw the book at you they will find a way. Aitken's case proved that theory. Most non-gun people look at Aitken's situation with sympathy, and we should be taking advantage of that. He is the test case that proves NJ's gun laws do more to harm law abiding citizens than stopping criminals. We should be standing with him in his fight for an appeal.

ETA: Given the way this case was treated by our "justice system" I am willing to give him the benefit of the doubt. Why are you so willing to throw him under the bus?

What about the hollow points were illegal? I was under the impression the HPs were covered under the transportation between residences clause.

Hollow points ARE legal......except when in the commission of a crime. His crime was high capacity magazines, therefore the hollow points get tacked onto the charge.

Edit: Wrong information, please check PK90's post below.

In my opinion, Brian is grearing up for a major lawsuit against the state. And he will walk away with a lot of money. They were fixated on him not being able to see his son for 2 years and how he will never get that time back. Mark my words.

Smells Lawsuit

If he does a lawsuit against the state................can we finally hear the 911 call his mom made to the cops...............which started it all.

Hollow points ARE legal......except when in the commission of a crime. His crime was high capacity magazines, therefore the hollow points get tacked onto the charge.

Sorry Vic. Not true. Hollowpoints are illegal, UNLESS exempted under law.

If you possess a hollowpoint bullet outside the exemption, you are breaking the law.

Examples:

Walking to the store with one HP bullet (not a cartridge) in your pocket is breaking the law.

Running someone over with your car going to the range is NOT breaking any hollowpoint laws.

• Like 1

Sorry Vic. Not true. Hollowpoints are illegal, UNLESS exempted under law.

If you possess a hollowpoint bullet outside the exemption, you are breaking the law.

Examples:

Walking to the store with one HP bullet (not a cartridge) in your pocket is breaking the law.

Running someone over with your car going to the range is NOT breaking any hollowpoint laws.

I'm sorry Paul, you are right. I got the hollow points mixed up with body armor.

He was moving right? So what he did should have been considered legal, HPs included. The only problem with what he did was the judge not allowing the jury to hear the exemption.

The point I am trying to make is some want to call Aitken out on not following the rules. It seems to me he was. Was the hi-cap charge the one that stuck and not the HG charge?

Based on what I have read in articles about the case, I was under the impression the conviction was illegal possession of a HG. Trying to find the details on the case is proving to be difficult, so I could be entirely wrong.

He was moving right? So what he did should have been considered legal, HPs included.

You guys know better than me, so I could be wrong. But I read there was testimony from his roomate (at the place he was "moving TO") that he had seen the handguns there before.

As far as I know the guy broke several serious NJ laws on several counts. The laws are complete BS, and Nappen is insincere IMHO, but that's what I got from it.

You guys know better than me, so I could be wrong. But I read there was testimony from his roomate (at the place he was "moving TO") that he had seen the handguns there before.

As far as I know the guy broke several serious NJ laws on several counts. The laws are complete BS, and Nappen is insincere IMHO, but that's what I got from it.

The arresting officer also testified that Aitken was moving.

If I recall correctly, his roommate did not want guns in the apartment. Aitken kept them in his trunk while moving between residences. How many times can you get away with claiming you are in the process of moving. :icon_rolleyes:

And the colonists dumping tea into Boston Harbor broke the law also........Just sayin'

Breaking the law is breaking the law. He knew what he was doing and claimed ignornace because he was gonna get a$$ raped in jail. He disgusts me.

If I recall correctly, his roommate did not want guns in the apartment. Aitken kept them in his trunk while moving between residences. How many times can you get away with claiming you are in the process of moving. :icon_rolleyes:

exactly, I get the same feeling.

I would never use that lawyer based on his looks. I thought EN was a somebody when reading the book etc... when I saw the show, I realized he is a never was.

Seems like a lot of people are singing a different tune then when this issue first surfaced. I don't think I remember more than one or two people who didn't at least support Aitken.

It is pretty hard to pick a tune considering the information that has been released has been less than reliable. I have read damn near every web article on the subject and for the life of me I can't find out what specifically he was convicted of or what specifically happened during trial. Not anyone of the articles mentions HPs or Hicap mags as part of the conviction. Only one article mentioned the "having a party so guns went in the trunk" claim, and that quote was from the no longer Judge Morley.

I think it is fair to say that Aitken did not receive a fair trial based on the jury members who came forward after the conviction. He very well may not have been moving, but that was for the jury to decide, not the clearly biased judge.

ETA: grammar

Seems like a lot of people are singing a different tune then when this issue first surfaced. I don't think I remember more than one or two people who didn't at least support Aitken.

Was just about to say that. Everyone was on board until he snubbed the forums and the assorted foundations that were going to support him.

Side note. Was shooting my .22 the other day. Remington golden bullets. They are hollow points. One some how found itself into my sweatshirt pocket. Awesome that I would be guilty of a crime!!!

Was just about to say that. Everyone was on board until he snubbed the forums and the assorted foundations that were going to support him.

Side note. Was shooting my .22 the other day. Remington golden bullets. They are hollow points. One some how found itself into my sweatshirt pocket. Awesome that I would be guilty of a crime!!!

That's terrible, we need to get you off the streets NOW!!!

Can someone point out a case or two where someone was convicted of possession of that one hollowpoint in the past 10 years without being charged with any other violation? I have asked this several times in the past but no one seems to be able to show any such arrest happening. Yes it is illegal but it just doesn't happen.

Back in the 90s when the holowpoint law came in some police departments were charging people who were drug dealers that dumped their dope and gun but didn't get rid of the ammo with Possession of Hollowpoints and no other charges. They were told to stop charging anyone with hollowpoints unless there was something else.

Everyone was on board until he snubbed the forums and the assorted foundations that were going to support him.

I was one who witheld support until I heard more of the story about Aitken. I don't think anyone has the whole story but when I heard he had said something to upset his Mother, she called the police and then called him convincing him to come back to her house, and he was with the police there for two hours before he was arrested was enough of the story to convince me he brought this on himself to some degree.

Yes, 7 years was too much time but he refused to accept a plea...because he felt he was not guilty?

Can someone point out a case or two where someone was convicted of possession of that one hollowpoint in the past 10 years without being charged with any other violation? I have asked this several times in the past but no one seems to be able to show any such arrest happening. Yes it is illegal but it just doesn't happen.

Can't do it, because it doesn't make the news. Convicted and charged are two different animals. Yes it does happen. I have first hand knowledge.

I thought it was just me that didn't see Nappen's strong points. Like I said previously, if you need a lawyer, get a good defense attorney and hire in a firearms expert witness.

Good luck trying to sue the state. On what grounds would that be? Kind of hard to argue unlawful arrest when you were convicted by a jury. Or is Nappen going to sue that the state's gun laws violate federal law?