Maksim

NJ FID/PP Compliancy Project

First post...

Im in edison as well. Submitted my paperwork 2/7 and was finger printed a week later on 2/14 (FID/P2P). My references and boss all returned thier letters within the following week.

got a phone call from Dotty( i think is her name) yesterday 3/12 and she told me one of my references had not returned the letter. So I asked her to send him a new one. Once my buddy tells me he sent his in I'll give them a couple days and call to make sure they got it this time. 

So 7-3-2 i hope i dont have as much of an issue as you are having but goodluck.

Process should be the same. Only difference is you shouldn't need to be fingerprinted again.

Going on 3 months now in Franklin Twp/Somerset..

How do FFLs typically feel about "holding" stuff for people who are waiting for their PPs? My FFL said they are fine with holding but I feel like a jerk for making them do it.

Had something shipped to them last week and it's just waiting for me there now..

That's really a discussion you should have with your FFL before you start all this.

I know HGW doesn't really want to hold stuff for too long (so they told me.)

I have an FFL that has told me he'll hold stuff as long as needed without fee.

With any luck I won't have any timing issues any more since the process is supposedly quicker now (we're testing that now.)

7-3-2, on 11 Mar 2014 - 01:17 AM, said:snapback.png

STILL WAITING in Edison, going on 7 months now. i called and got the bs run around. I was told that one of my references never replied (luckily I applied for another round already and I was asked why I put in for more permits. I said "because I want more permits" and was told "you should have let us know you had an application in already, it confused us" … friggin 7 months and counting … Hate to say it but I'm done after this last round no more permit BS as long as i stay living here in Edison.

Then they have accomplished their goal. 

I agree. This is all a bunch of psychological abuse and BS designed to run you in circles in an attempt to wear you down and tire you out so that you finally give up and go away. FIGHT BACK. DON'T QUIT OR THEY WIN!

I have gotten discouraged and thought about moving to a more friendly environment but then where would that leave the rest of us? I am not willing to give up everything I have worked for and turn tail and run because of this opposition.

Edison township, only applied for initial FID, no P2P

Submitted forms on 3/19

Fingerprinted on 3/26

Reference letters mailed back on 3/31

Called yesterday and the PD said they're waiting for mental health records from the state. Wonder how long will that take.

42 Days from NJSP

surprised_baby_2%5B1%5D.jpg

NJSP - Bridgeton Barracks.

Two P2Ps.

Dropped off 2/25/14.   Picked up today, 4/10/14.   42 Days.

A year and a half ago it took 5 months, 8 months ago it took 3 months, and it's now taking less than a month and a half.

Since there was a court case that said the 30 day statutory clock started after the required background checks were done, NJSP might actually be in complinace with the law now.

Anyone from franklin twp get a p2p or fid? What is your time frame?

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk

Big Five, my last P2Ps took 3 months, but another member on the board just recently had a 3 week turnaround I think..

Let us know how it works out for you.

I've been watching this forum and speaking with my friends about the wait time for purchase permits and the ID cards. It's crazy what some people wait.  Well, I submitted an application in bayonne for 3 permits on March 25th 2014. I had to go online to submit a background check that cost me $20.00 I made sure my references sent in the forms asap. My employer also sent the form back the day after he got it. Well, hallelujah, I picked up my permits April 14th. I couldn't believe it. I don't even know anybody!!! Lol.  When I told the detective that I expected to wait 4 or 5 months he laughed. He said everything came back quickly with no hiccups. Gotta love it. 

Well I'm over 2 months wait now...what used to be 11-14 days from drop off to call to pick up is now over 2 months in pennsville township....they ironically dropped the employment and personal reference forms which when included in the process was the 11-14 day time frame....so with just the 3 forms it's increased the wait 1700% :banghead:

I'm at 7 weeks and just checked in with my local PD. They told me that they have to send a letter to the town where I used to have an FID for my records there. I would have thought whatever "records" exist in my old town would have been transferred over when I did my change of address. Does this make sense to anyone?

I am not expecting to get my FID any time soon but, has anyone from the Keyport or Aberdeen area have any idea how long it may take? Application for initial and 2 P2P`s were submitted on 4/16, got printed on 4/24, and reference's sent back their letters this past week. I`ll update when I receive mine.