JonF

How do you store your reloaded ammo?

All you folks who do a lot of reloading to the tune of having several thousand rounds of a single caliber on hand, how do you store your ammo? Do you just have umpteen 50/100 rd ammo boxes stacked floor to ceiling or do you dump them en-masse in big bulk ammo cans and swim in them like Scrooge McDuck? I have a few K rounds of 9mm components and i only have a few 100rd boxes up til now which is as much as i've ever reloaded at a time.

All you folks who do a lot of reloading to the tune of having several thousand rounds of a single caliber on hand, how do you store your ammo? Do you just have umpteen 50/100 rd ammo boxes stacked floor to ceiling or do you dump them en-masse in big bulk ammo cans and swim in them like Scrooge McDuck? I have a few K rounds of 9mm components and i only have a few 100rd boxes up til now which is as much as i've ever reloaded at a time.

Had me rofl'ing! :icon_lol:

Hoarder. Send some 9mm ammo my way. Preferably not through the barrel. :)

I never have more than a few hundred loaded in any one caliber. Little blue dillon boxes.

I think you have ammo commitment issues. ;) I actually do the same for less oft used calibers like 357/44 magnums, but 9mm i'm burning through a lot faster these days shooting matches and junk.

Anywho, I got this new case feeder, i figure i might as well put her to work!

A valid question in these days of strife!

For the range-ready supply, they're in Frankford Arsenal 100 pack flip lid boxes from Midway

Generally not more than 1000 of any particular caliber or load stored this way, tucked in an out-of-the-way spot in my apartment living room

(Out-of-the-way because you DO NOT want to stub your toe on a stack of .45acp's)

For the excess beyond that, dumped loose in a .50cal ammo can (1,000 max per can to avoid a hernia)

Stash the cans on closet floors or other out-of-sight spots

Labeling is easy

I use my p-touch for labels on the ammo cans

For the 100 packs, a small post-it on the inside of the lid suffices

Keep reloading while you can

The sh*t is coming to a neighborhood near you sooner than anyone thinks

:icon_e_surprised:

My reloading goal is to have at least 1,000 rds per caliber on hand. So I keep all I have in MTM 50 or 100 rd boxes in big ammo cans in basement. Basement never gets water in it so I really dont worry about dessicant packs. I currently load for 9 different calibers and I'm just about meeting my goal :icon_e_biggrin:

re use the factory boxes also,you can find them at the range in trash bin. label them with date and load data rotate stock as needed.ive seen people at matches use plastic food containers also.

I load in 500 round batches usually, so I just use the blue boxes.

This is pretty much what I do also. If I get on a roll, I keep my 250 round bulk cardboard boxes and use them to store the whatever doesn't fit in the plastic trays.

I'm cheap so I bought some small and medium storage boxes from Wal-Mart. The small hold about 200 rounds and the medium over 500. I think they are better than the ammo storage boxes with the individual nooks for each bullet. With the Wal-Mart boxes, I reach in a grab a handful of bullets. Staples also sells small cube boxes. Both types have locking handles on the sides.

I keep all of my reloaded ammo in Franford Arsenal 100 rd plastic boxes in one of those steel gun cabinets.

All of my surplus ammo either stays in the tin cans or I take them out and leave them in the cardboard boxes if they come in boxes.

I'm too OCD to have ammo just thrown in an ammo can.

Though I do sort my surplus ammo and line it up all nicely in a .30cal ammo can which I have to pickup more of

I use the empty (an washed out) UTZ pretzel containers. I filled it with 600 rounds of 9mm and it was like 1/8 full. Between Kristen and I, we shoot a lot of 9mm, so I need to have at least 5 rounds stocked. I am looking to have an utz container full of every caliber that we shoot.

I use those pretzels containers for brass, not for loaded ammo. Like Matt, too ocd. Need to have all ammo labeled.

For rifle I am anal to keep all lot numbers together for the bolt guns, as well as track the number of times the cases were related.

I ended up buying enough 100-rd flip top containers to house a thousand or two rounds of my common calibers and 500 of this and that magnum. If my production exceeds my capacity, i'll just throw them in baggies like i was doing. I thought about just dumping them in a big ammo can but i'm unsure of whether its generally a good idea since i mostly reload JHP's and in many cases where bulk ammo is packaged like this, there's the potential for setback (i think winchester even had a recall for bulk 9mm this way). No uncle Scrooge for me.