shooter28

First AR Build (EDIT: Rifle complete, pics added)

A few weeks ago, I purchased a lower receiver. I have been waiting for the upper receiver for a while now and today I finally got notice the upper was back in stock! Its finally all purchased and ready to be put together.

What do you guys think? How did I do?

Spike's Tactical Lower

M4 Stock pinned in position 4

Magpul MOE grip

"Infidel" laser engraved

Upper Receiver:

BCM 16" BFH Mid Length Upper

9" LaRue Tactical Handgaurd

Daniel Defense BCG

BCM Gunfighter Handle with Mod 4

Troy Folding Battle Rear Sight

BattleComp 1.0

EDIT: ITS DONE!

DSC_3046.jpg

DSC_3040.jpg

DSC_3050.jpg

DSC_3047.jpg

DSC_3045.jpg

DSC_3044.jpg

DSC_3043.jpg

DSC_3042.jpg

DSC_3041.jpg

DSC_3051.jpg

Looking forward to seeing it all together and hearing a range report when you shoot it for the first time.

Will do

Did you confirm for sure what the Arabic says on that thing before you bought it?

Everywhere I looked, that is how infidel is spelled. I would assume Spikes knows what they are doing

... Hmmm as far as I understand " infidel " means "one without faith".... Also :The term infidel was used by Christians to describe non-Christians or those perceived as the enemies of Christianity, especially Muslims.

So why do want to have something like that on ur rifle?

Ray>>> I dont think " ALLAH Ticket " Wud be very intimidating to any jihadi since " GOD's Ticket " is all what they actually look for. Its kinda doing them a favor ... And they don't deserve such a good treatment.

Looks like a good build. This is probably a silly question but did you buy the stock prepinned in that position or did you buy a collapsible stock separately and bring it to a gun smith to get it pinned. My stock on my stag model 2 came fixed in the fully collapsed position which I would assume is position 1. I am a bigger guy and it would definetly be nice if the stock was pinned out further. Sorry to hijack your build thread but it would be great to know if I could fix this by buying another stock.

... Hmmm as far as I understand " infidel " means "one without faith".... Also :The term infidel was used by Christians to describe non-Christians or those perceived as the enemies of Christianity, especially Muslims.

So why do want to have something like that on ur rifle?

We are all considered 'infidels' by the religious nut jobs in the middle east. I stand for everything these people want to take away. I think these guys explain it the best:

"Islamic extremists who justify the brutal oppression and killing of innocent men, women and children as a means of waging a holy war, regard those of any religion who do not adopt their violent theology as "Infidels." As Americans, of every culture and religion, whose nation is founded upon the principles of life and liberty for all people, we proudly wear the title "Infidel" in open defiance to those who would take those rights away from us under the pretense of their extremist beliefs."

Also, the money I paid to have that done all goes towards the Disable Veterans charity. I think it was money well spent.

Looks like a good build. This is probably a silly question but did you buy the stock prepinned in that position or did you buy a collapsible stock separately and bring it to a gun smith to get it pinned. My stock on my stag model 2 came fixed in the fully collapsed position which I would assume is position 1. I am a bigger guy and it would definetly be nice if the stock was pinned out further. Sorry to hijack your build thread but it would be great to know if I could fix this by buying another stock.

Thanks man. I had the stock pinned before it was shipped from the factory. I am also a bigger guy (6'3) so I had it pinned at position 4. I liked the length of the A2 stock but wanted it a bit shorter so I tried this one. It should fit pretty good. If you dont like where yours is pinned, take it to a shop, buy a new stock and have them pin it for you.

A collapsible stock is not illegal by itself, only when in the presence of an AR lower.

You could always have a stock ordered and shipped to a friends house who does not have an AR lower. Pin it there, then take it home to marry up. Just under no circumstances have the unpinned stock near an AR receiver to avoid breaking "constructive possession" laws.

A few weeks ago, I purchased a lower receiver. I have been waiting for the upper receiver for a while now and today I finally got notice the upper was back in stock! Its finally all purchased and ready to be put together.

Spike's Tactical Lower

M4 Stock pinned in position 4

Magpul MOE grip

"Infidel" laser engraved

2011-03-04_17-42-56_357.jpg

Upper Receiver:

BCM 16" BFH Mid Length Upper

9" LaRue Tactical Handgaurd

Daniel Defense BCG

BCM Gunfighter Handle with Mod 4

Troy Folding Battle Rear Sight

BattleComp 1.0

More pics to come!

Looks great, make sure to post pics when its all together.

Just curious, what was your reasoning behind going with the Daniel Defense BCG over the BCM (since you got the BCM upper)? Both are great products, I'm just curious.

Looks great, make sure to post pics when its all together.

Just curious, what was your reasoning behind going with the Daniel Defense BCG over the BCM (since you got the BCM upper)? Both are great products, I'm just curious.

The BCM BCG was out of stock. I didnt know how long the upper reciever group was going to stay in stock and I wanted to order everything at once so I got the DD one instead. It was only $10 more.

The BCM BCG was out of stock. I didnt know how long the upper reciever group was going to stay in stock and I wanted to order everything at once so I got the DD one instead. It was only $10 more.

Cool makes sense. I would have done the same thing.

I bought a Spikes lower a couple of weeks ago, my lower kit and buffer tube came last night from Spikes. Only took about 20 minutes to put is all together. Don't have a stock or upper picked out yet. Missed out on a few used uppers here and there. This was supposed to be a no-rush build anyway.

EDIT: ITS DONE!

DSC_3042.jpg

I usually don't like quad rails, but this, along with the best state motto on it, yeah, I like it.

Very nice. How much did the BCG and LaRue cost you?

Thank you. $875

looks sweet, when are you going to shoot her?

I am going to try and get it out early next week or maybe this sunday depending on weather. The rest of my ammo is coming today from Cabelas so I will be ready to rock-n-roll.

I usually don't like quad rails, but this, along with the best state motto on it, yeah, I like it.

Thanks man. Thats actually LaRues own motto. LaRue is made in Texas, not NH