I read about these all the time in gun magazines, but of course they live in states that are gun-friendly. So, if you had the oportunity to carry a rifle/shotgun/pistol in your truck at all times, what would it be?

The idea is it is a do all gun. Personal Defense, pest control or uthinization. Of course the first choice is what most are concerned about.

Here's my choice. M44 Mosin

2.jpg,

Cheap ammo, definite fight stopping power, bayonet for CQB, reliable and robust.

an AK-74u.

Small and has folding stock so it can be manipulated easily inside vehicle and stowed easily. Still accurate enough to engage anything withen reasonable distances. 5.45x39 has enough knock down for any 2 legged predator...will always go bang. Of course this needs to be in an SBR friendly state

krinkov545.jpg

Yup... As far as I can tell the law permits us to drive around with unloaded long guns if we want.

In that case, i change my choice to a Mosin. Makes a much better bludgeon that a Mossy, and since that's all an unloaded gun is good for, I'll go for the additional reach.

I read about these all the time in gun magazines, but of course they live in states that are gun-friendly

I have lived in some gun friendly states but having grown up in Elizabeth could not bring myself to leaving anything in a vehicle I would be very upset about losing. I once had someone cut the top on my Austin Healey to try to steal my AM radio, If i could bring myself to do so it would be low maintenance firearms like a 357 revolver and/or an inexepnsive 12 GA pump.

your opinion isn't valid b/c you cheated :p

Not all of us can get retired PD carry permits haha

I believe that Ray Ray was referring to if one was legally allowed to keep a firearm in their vehicle in a free state, (absence that you can now, but that is for another discussion), what would one keep in it. If you read my post again, I said WOULD, not WILL.

I don't think that I would ever keep a firearm in my vehicle. It would always be on my hip or pocket.

I think that if it were to be in your vehicle, it would be useless most of the time. It would better serve you if it were on your person.

KelTec_KSG_01.jpg

Hell yes to this. Buckshot in one side and slugs for longer range in the other. Small enough to hide, and makes it easier to get out of the car with. For the time being, might go with a a CX4 until the KSG proves reliable.

Ray......you wouldn't want a single stack pistol, but you WOULD want a 5 shot bolt action rifle? I don't follow...

Hell yes to this. Buckshot in one side and slugs for longer range in the other. Small enough to hide, and makes it easier to get out of the car with. For the time being, might go with a a CX4 until the KSG proves reliable.

Ray......you wouldn't want a single stack pistol, but you WOULD want a 5 shot bolt action rifle? I don't follow...

The idea is to fight your way home. Taking game or uthinizing an animal is useless to me in this area as I can't shoot rats, seaguls, geese or cats.

The Mosin can do so much more a pistol. Yeah, it's only 5 shots and yeah it's a bolt gun but so what. It's menacing, sharp and one shot anywhere to the body would really be bad. Plus, I can work that bolt faster than most. Plus Plus the ammo is cheap! Plus Plus Plus it's a club/mallet/bayonet!

where in the heck is the Trunk Monkey commercials from. I would buy a car from that dealership on principle alone. That was some funny stuff.

Ok, trunk guns in free states are mainly pest control, hunting opportunites and defense. Down south, 30-30 lever guns are popular, or in the semi auto mini14s are most popular.

I would with either of those two choices. I would consider a yugo m48 as a bolt gun.

Ok, trunk guns in free states are mainly pest control, hunting opportunites and defense. Down south, 30-30 lever guns are popular, or in the semi auto mini14s are most popular.

I would with either of those two choices. I would consider a yugo m48 as a bolt gun.

Yes, someone finally gets it. The ones with the SBR AKs and KSG shotguns must be rich! It's supposed to be a cheap, reliable man (or pest or dinner) stopping firearm.

The idea is to fight your way home. Taking game or uthinizing an animal is useless to me in this area as I can't shoot rats, seaguls, geese or cats.

The Mosin can do so much more a pistol. Yeah, it's only 5 shots and yeah it's a bolt gun but so what. It's menacing, sharp and one shot anywhere to the body would really be bad. Plus, I can work that bolt faster than most. Plus Plus the ammo is cheap! Plus Plus Plus it's a club/mallet/bayonet!

You can deal with a lot of bad guys with a mosin if they are all standing in a single file line :-D