tony357

cabela's on open carry...

Cabelas has confirmed open carry is OK. There is a PAFOA thread about it. There was trouble in the past and withen the past year or 2 they have gotten the rules confirmed and that is why the signs out front say you are allowed to open or concealed carry

Edit: This is for the PA location. OC at your own risk in missouri (unfamiliar with laws)

Another edit: You should never unholster your weapon for any reason while carrying. Trying on different holsters? Thats really dumb, even if the store allows you and does it for you.

You should never unholster your weapon for any reason while carrying. Trying on different holsters? Thats really dumb, even if the store allows you and does it for you.

That is exactly what was screaming in my head watching the video. He let a retail employee disarm him and handle his loaded firearm! I certainly wouldn't want to deal with the consequences of some guy AD/NDing my gun. Unload at the car or something.

very odd..I was there at Hamburg store around middle of January 2011..I called customer service just to be sure ccw was ok in store..I was told no problem with ccw, but no OC..in fact there was a sign outside saying ccw ok but guns brought into store for repair needed to be boxed..

Every time I went to the one in PA, the sign was as stever said.

But.. why the big deal with the video? it seems to me (without further investigation) that they where trying to uncover some big conspiracy and wasting a bunch of retail level employee's time.

If he wanted to find another holster for the gun.. why not bring it in a case? Seems a lot safer that way to me.

I've tried a few holsters for my ccw gun at Cabelas by just asking to use their gun in the glass case..no problem especially if they have a used gun.

Same at Tanners and Classic Pistol..

very odd..I was there at Hamburg store around middle of January 2011..I called customer service just to be sure ccw was ok in store..I was told no problem with ccw, but no OC..in fact there was a sign outside saying ccw ok but guns brought into store for repair needed to be boxed..

Cabela's corp policy is to follow the state law which the particular store is located.

This is the sign from Hamburg, PA...this past summer

0808091201.jpg

I agree with the rest of you.. he obviously set out to try to "prove something" and about all he proved was he should probably not be carrying a gun to begin with.. I like the right to carry a gun.. open OR concealed.. but in the same breath I have no interest in causing a scene.. and that is about ALL the intention appears to be here..

• Like 2

you totally misread his post..

He finds it annoying that people go to PA "just for the sake of carrying"

Yeah so he finds it funny to laugh at people in NJ who, as a rule probably make about twice as much or more than the average person from PA, have more education, are more upwardly mobile, have more disposable income and more teeth. That's like the hunchback laughing at the king who can't climb a rope.

Yeah so he finds it funny to laugh at people in NJ who, as a rule probably make about twice as much or more than the average person from PA, have more education, are more upwardly mobile, have more disposable income and more teeth. That's like the hunchback laughing at the king who can't climb a rope.

ALL NJ residents are wannabes

=/=

NJ residents who go to PA JUST to carry are wannabes

NJ residents who go to PA JUST to carry are wannabes

Perhaps. I read it as "If you're from NJ and Carrying in PA, you're a wannabe". If you put on a gun in PA and just wander around carrying, you're an idiot who needs to get a life. Who would do that anyway? The less time I spend in that sad sack of a state, the better so I'm baffled by who'd want to do it voluntarily just to carry a gun.

Perhaps. I read it as "If you're from NJ and Carrying in PA, you're a wannabe". If you put on a gun in PA and just wander around carrying, you're an idiot who needs to get a life. Who would do that anyway? The less time I spend in that sad sack of a state, the better so I'm baffled by who'd want to do it voluntarily just to carry a gun.

yeah well there are probably a million and one people who do just that.. carry in PA (and other states just for the sake of doing it)...

on another note.. I do not personally understand your excessive bashing of the people of Pennsylvania.. I have a ton of friends and family that live in that state and they are really good people.. I am actually considering a move there..

yeah well there are probably a million and one people who do just that.. carry in PA (and other states just for the sake of doing it)...

on another note.. I do not personally understand your excessive bashing of the people of Pennsylvania.. I have a ton of friends and family that live in that state and they are really good people.. I am actually considering a move there..

I have friends in PA. I'm not saying there aren't good people. Most of the interactions I've had with PA people have been overwhelmingly negative, many of which were when I was a resident of Ohio and the PA turds would come into our town since theirs was such a dump. They'd create trouble where we would just be hanging out and having fun. Additionally, I've said here before, I don't like the terrain...either all crumbly shale rock or trees. I just am not a fan of the place.

I have nothing against PA but in the poconos, there is a lot of trash. After living there for 4 months, I could go a lifetime without going back and be okay with it. The trash I ran into is crazy. Plenty of no teeth people. ewww..

That being said, I think the video is stupid. I would have just used a gun from their case. Do I believe all NJ'ers carrying in PA are wannabe's? No that is stupid, but if I will be around trashy areas or areas I don't know, I'm gonna carry if I have that right.

Exactly. I get a good laugh at the wannabes from NJ that go to Cabelas in PA to open carry :lol:

I guess I'm a "wannabe" in yours eyes. Good, cause I don't care. I do what I want, how I want it and when I want it. Your the reason why I hate this state, typical elitist's like you. Hey, come out to Leigh valley for clays and I'll show you how I roll, son.

• Like 1

I guess I'm a "wannabe" in yours eyes. Good, cause I don't care. I do what I want, how I want it and when I want it. Your the reason why I hate this state, typical elitist's like you. Hey, come out to Leigh valley for clays and I'll show you how I roll, son.

fo shizzle yo!

• Like 1

I agree with the rest of you.. he obviously set out to try to "prove something" and about all he proved was he should probably not be carrying a gun to begin with.. I like the right to carry a gun.. open OR concealed.. but in the same breath I have no interest in causing a scene.. and that is about ALL the intention appears to be here..

Sounds a lot like the Idiot from Tn with the Draco (AK) Pistol who painted the flash-hider Orange "So the police would hesistate to shoot first" who then went trolling around for confrontations so he could sue. I asked about Cabela's policy first time I went there,and saw the check station inside the door, and offered to unlead. What the store in Hamburg told me was that the only guns that needed to be checked were ones brought in for sale or repair. Anything else, as long as it was kept IN THE HOLSTER wasnt any concern of theirs.

Sounds a lot like the Idiot from Tn with the Draco (AK) Pistol who painted the flash-hider Orange "So the police would hesistate to shoot first" who then went trolling around for confrontations so he could sue. I asked about Cabela's policy first time I went there,and saw the check station inside the door, and offered to unlead. What the store in Hamburg told me was that the only guns that needed to be checked were ones brought in for sale or repair. Anything else, as long as it was kept IN THE HOLSTER wasnt any concern of theirs.

makes sense in a store like that...

who do they partially cater to? firearms owners... and other outdoors enthusiasts...

most of these people own guns or are at least familiar enough with them to not be terrified if they spot one in public in a holster...

so it makes sense that they have that policy... and that just further shows this guy was being difficult.. unfortunate we can't hear the audio....