Sign in to follow this  
hankster

Greetings from E.B.

Hello everyone, i am a newbie to the forum as well as to firearms. I turned my paperwork in 3wks ago and no word yet. The suspence is killing me. I have my first shots course set for the weekend and can't wait. I am looking to get into sport shooting and can use any tips from the vets. Has anyone shot at Thunder Mountain? As soon as my paperwork gets here i would like to give them a try so i can test some different shotgun models. Thanks for the welcome.

Hello everyone, i am a newbie to the forum as well as to firearms. I turned my paperwork in 3wks ago and no word yet. The suspence is killing me. I have my first shots course set for the weekend and can't wait. I am looking to get into sport shooting and can use any tips from the vets. Has anyone shot at Thunder Mountain? As soon as my paperwork gets here i would like to give them a try so i can test some different shotgun models. Thanks for the welcome.

It took me 4 months for my card and 2 pistol permits late last year in EB.While speaking to one of the young ladies at the application office she said that there was a huge backlog and longer wait because of staffing cuts.

It took me 4 months for my card and 2 pistol permits late last year in EB.While speaking to one of the young ladies at the application office she said that there was a huge backlog and longer wait because of staffing cuts.

I just applied for the FID and no permits being that for now clay shooting is what i want to start with. But 4 months, 2 days into it the references had the letters. The lady at the counter said well if you only go for the ID and the references are quick it can take as little as 2wks, but didn't give me a max.Boy if only criminals were treated this way.

Welcome to the Forums from Bridgewater! More fun than the Romans used to have.

Where you at and where is Thunder Mountain?

I am in East Brunswick. Thunder Mountain in Ringwood (off rt 287) on the other side of Skyline Dr. They rent everything you need to shoot. Their website is www.thundermt.com However being that we live in the People's Republic of N.J I must first have to be issued an FID before i can use the range. I guess i will be using the Wincens Farm in PA for the time being. Have fun and safe shooting.

Welcome neighbor. I have never been asked to see my FID at any public or private range I have bee to.

Helllllo there, that's good to know then i will make trip there. I was only going by what they post on their website.

Do you show up with your own gun? If yes maybe that's the key, they may take it that if you have your own then you must be in compliance. As oppose showing up with the need of renting them.

welcome, another EB member sweet. As for Eb permit process i've never had to wait longer than 3 weeks for anything...and i mean my initial FPID, and i've gotten 6 permits since then all have been fast.

Helllllo there, that's good to know then i will make trip there. I was only going by what they post on their website.

Do you show up with your own gun? If yes maybe that's the key, they may take it that if you have your own then you must be in compliance. As oppose showing up with the need of renting them.

Yeah, I never rented a gun. I still don't think they will ask.

welcome, another EB member sweet. As for Eb permit process i've never had to wait longer than 3 weeks for anything...and i mean my initial FPID, and i've gotten 6 permits since then all have been fast.

Great to know. I only applied for a FID thinking that if i ask for gun permits it would delay the process. It will feel good to put the finger on the trigger. I spent a few weeks in AZ. this past year and you go to the mall in Phoenix and they have a sign on the doors saying "No Guns Beyond This Point". I guess it is why the called it the Wild West. Gotta love it. Have fun and safe shooting.