7-3-2

The New Guy (Edison)

Hey everyone,

So heres my story. My 27th B-day was March 27th and I decided to jump in and apply for my handgun permit. I have experience hunting/range shooting with my shotgun and have always enjoyed the range more then hunting personally so I decided that maybe shooting handguns was more what I was looking for. Anyways, I dropped by Rahway Firearms Guild and one of the workers suggested I take a trip down to ShoreShot. So thats exactly what me and a buddy did last thursday expecting just to get an idea of how we liked it ... we ended up liking it too much as we spent probably close to 3 hours there and spent waaaaay too much on ammo haha. I have the itch now and have basically been online looking at gun reviews 24/7 since. Lots of fun and I think I may have found my newest hobby. :icon_mrgreen:

O.o forum meets?? That sounds like fuuuuuun! Thanks for the warm welcome guys ... Is shoreshot the closest range to Edison open to the public?

Welcome to the Forums from Bridgewater. I travel between ShoreShot which is closer to home and Bullet Hole in Belleville which is closer to work. Both are open to the public but Shore Shot has a large collection of rental firearms that you can shoot to try out different manufacturers and calibers.

O.o forum meets?? That sounds like fuuuuuun! Thanks for the warm welcome guys ... Is shoreshot the closest range to Edison open to the public?

I am a member of Shore Shot also but going down from my area in the next couple months are going to be crazy with the shore traffic. There is a closer place and a little more pricey but well worth it for me. It's the Old Bridge Rifle and Pistol Club, with an indoor range that's open 24/7 just off of RT 18 and the Outdoor range is not far from there either. There is plenty of activities each week and very friendly and organized, I am new there so I can't bring anyone in until after I have been there for 6 months or I would show you around. I'm just over in Sayreville and get to either range in 10-15 minutes depending on how many lights I catch.

URL for the club is www.obrpc.org if you want to check it out.

Harry

I am a member of Shore Shot also but going down from my area in the next couple months are going to be crazy with the shore traffic. There is a closer place and a little more pricey but well worth it for me. It's the Old Bridge Rifle and Pistol Club, with an indoor range that's open 24/7 just off of RT 18 and the Outdoor range is not far from there either. There is plenty of activities each week and very friendly and organized, I am new there so I can't bring anyone in until after I have been there for 6 months or I would show you around. I'm just over in Sayreville and get to either range in 10-15 minutes depending on how many lights I catch.

URL for the club is www.obrpc.org if you want to check it out.

Harry

Funny I know exactly where that is ... Jake Brown Road lol ... I know that place because of Weird New Jersey lol. Its actually not far at all from my house and a LOT closer than Shoreshot is. Plus outdoor pistol just sounds awesome. :icon_e_biggrin:

Not only outdoor pistol but indoor 24/7, also the 1st 2 Fridays of each month there is an indoor informal USPSA style match that's really a fun time, also at the end of the month on Sundays there is an outdoor USPSA match, I'd bet if you had as good a time at the range at SS these would have you hooked even more so.

There are plenty here that can guide you a heck of a lot better than someone who is new like myself so, check around the forum and learn from some of the most helpful people around.

Harry