jcast73

Sig vs HK

Have you held both of them? I have no experience with Sig's nor HK's, but supposedly they produce great firearms, especially pistols.

I would go your LGS and check them both out. See which one fits more comfortable in your hand, and which one you like more, then go from there.

I have shot the USP and owned a p30. Great guns.

I own a host of sigs. Personally they are both good, but comparing them is apples and oranges. HK's are polymer and Sigs are metal.

I suggest you rent both and decide. Either way, you can't go wrong.

I am getting a p229e2 next month, tried it in store loved it and its good if you have a medium to smaller hand. If your really hung up you should go and try both like others said. Since your the one that's going to have to live with the decision.

Both are great. Started with the Hk p30, added an Hk 45, sold the hk45, bought Sig P226, sold P30, adding P229. =)

if you want the best plastic gun, get the hk, if you want a sweet steel gun, get the sig. Better yet, get both.

i bought a a sig without ever shooting it. just based on reviews and grabbing it in the store. luckily it worked out perfectly for me. if i did the same with the hk, i would have had problems. i shot the hk 45 (not sure which model exactly) at shore shot and it pinched my trigger finger every time i shot it. after about 5 rounds i just have up. i love my p226 and p229 and would recommend them to anyone that could comfortably hold and shoot them

I have the uspc .40 and I love it. I think it is the most comfortable handgun for me to shoot. I haven't shot the sig so I can't compare it but I think the hk is great. I know u said the regular usp which I don't know much about but the compact I think is great. Never had any malfunctions in it at all. Just my two cents.

I'm gonna disagree with you here, for two reasons. First, there isn't really an absolute BEST anything because ergonomics are subjective. Secondly, there are better guns then the H&K lineup.

Let me rephrase and requalify that...

In my opinion, the new Hk plastic fantastic pistols have the best ergonomics for most everyone that shot mine, and have fantastic reliability, with 0 malfunctions of any sort, in the thousands of rounds I put through them. Although... it is not a great pistol for USPSA.... because of the trigger. =) In all other respects, I would trust my life to that gun to go bang every time.

If you are OK with used guns. CDNN has some nice prices on them. They are pricey new.

SIGs and HKs are good guns but their price new far exceeds what you get IMO. Durability and accuracy are no better than any quality handgun you can get for substantially less.

If you are OK with used guns. CDNN has some nice prices on them. They are pricey new.

SIGs and HKs are good guns but their price new far exceeds what you get IMO. Durability and accuracy are no better than any quality handgun you can get for substantially less.

Sigs are sort of a different beast though. There are not many companies making all steel semi-auto, non 1911 guns any more. The one that comes to mind is CZ. I would take a CZ over a Sig because I am lefty and Sig controls don't work for me. Sig has a nicer all-around finish than the CZs, although I don't know that one shoots any better than the other. HK versus the other palstic guns, I will let someone else fight that battle.

I do not believe either HK or Sig offers you the best value for the money.

In terms of what?

Glock, m&p, Fnh, xd are also nice, but they are not sig, hk, bhp. I did not get it either until I owned them. If you have an opportunity to pick up a slightly used sig or hk in the 700 dollar range, over paying for a new glock, m&p, for 100, less, it is a no brainer, get the Sig.

Keep in mind, uspsa, idpa, steel is not the only qualifier here. :)

Maks, remember that just because we shoot certain things in competition, it doesn't mean we don't own OTHER things. I actually own a Sig, and I've played with a few H&Ks. In the long run, everyone I've known who owned an H&K has eventually sold it or put it in a safe and stopped using it. Older Sigs are great, newer ones have serious QC issues. I've always wanted to add P220 to me collection, but right now I would take one if you gave it to me.

Socom Adopted the HK45C as their new sidearm in 2010.

Thats a bit of a laugh. First, do you have a reference for that? Second SOCOM goes through handgun models like you wouldn't believe. Hell, they even had the huge H&K MK23 for a while which was a bit of a failure. Lastly SOCOM is many different groups, and for example the Marines which are part of SOCOM keep buying 1911's in MEU(SOC) format.

Wow, this went into a stop pissing in my favorite gun cornflakes or I will whine and slap you back.

Both companies make good guns. I have an older Sig and an older HK. Of the 2 I prefer the Sig feel over the HK. both Shoot well, both are reliable. if you have the budget for one go for it. Another serious contender should be a CZ if you are open to looking at other guns. Just as good and reliable as the other 2 but a bit cheaper. I have one as well so I can make the comparison. Your best bet is to go fondle and shoot as many different guns as you can. I have shot guns that I love the look and feel of but hated them when I pulled the trigger.

Thats a bit of a laugh. First, do you have a reference for that? Second SOCOM goes through handgun models like you wouldn't believe. Hell, they even had the huge H&K MK23 for a while which was a bit of a failure. Lastly SOCOM is many different groups, and for example the Marines which are part of SOCOM keep buying 1911's in MEU(SOC) format.

It was the Navy, as in SEALs, and I am well aware of the fate of the "boat anchor".

I always have a reference

Maks, remember that just because we shoot certain things in competition, it doesn't mean we don't own OTHER things. I actually own a Sig, and I've played with a few H&Ks. In the long run, everyone I've known who owned an H&K has eventually sold it or put it in a safe and stopped using it. Older Sigs are great, newer ones have serious QC issues. I've always wanted to add P220 to me collection, but right now I would take one if you gave it to me.

Vlad. Not directed at you specifically. Just some statements. But...

I met about 10-15 gun enthusiasts and most said the same thing. New sig QC is in the crapper and their customer service sucked and the old German ones were better

Half of them never touched a sig before

I'd say 25% have but don't know if it was a us or German made one. one guy said "it must have been a German one because it felt and shot great. It did have a rail though. the others were unaware of differences

I'm more than happy with my US p226 and I wonder how many people actually have issues compared to the old ones. Or how much of that is just blown out of proportion

The internet is certainly an echo chamber for both the good and the bad. I had a West German Sig P220. It was a very nice gun. The newer ones feel more like tanks. I think the slide is a lot heavier (not stamped metal?). It wouldn't stop me from owning one. I like solid guns and would happily own one but for the fact that Sig engineers secretly expressed their disdain for us lefties by designing a gun that is nearly impossible for us to use. That is why I got rid of the P220. They heaped even more scorn on us by making their first ambi gun the P250 (a real POS, IMO).

Vlad. Not directed at you specifically. Just some statements. But...

I met about 10-15 gun enthusiasts and most said the same thing. New sig QC is in the crapper and their customer service sucked and the old German ones were better

Half of them never touched a sig before

I'd say 25% have but don't know if it was a us or German made one. one guy said "it must have been a German one because it felt and shot great. It did have a rail though. the others were unaware of differences

I'm more than happy with my US p226 and I wonder how many people actually have issues compared to the old ones. Or how much of that is just blown out of proportion

I own a Sig. I want to own more of them someday, particularly a P220 . I actually held the older Sigs and the newer Sigs. The older ones did not rattle, have buggered grip screws, have gravel dragging triggers, have finger print rust stains on them from being handled in a gun shop, had working slide take down levers. These are all symptoms I've personally witnessed, and been able to compare with my existing Sig. Are all new Sigs like that? No, of course not, but it made me go ahead and do some research in the corners of the internet that are still pretty picky about who they allow to voice opinions and where people who wear out guns are common. And I found the same answers, recent Sig handguns have QC issues.

Yes you can tell me I should go out and buy every one of them just to make sure because nothing else is absolute proof, but thats a bit absurd no? In theory they've solved some of those issues (particularly the take down lever one) but if I walk into a gun shop or if I order one I have little idea if the one I get was made this year or last year, or whenever. So personally, although I've always wanted a P220 I'm going to stay away from them a bit longer until the examples I see on the shelves are consistently better quality.

Hell, I'm actually a fan of the Sig design, and although I usually stay away from DA/SA setups, theirs is the one I like best.

Sig's QC for their civilian guns has gone way downhill. It make take a trip to the factory or two to get your gun sorted. If you're looking at an HK in 9mm, try the P30.

Gone downhill, yes a little but not a major issue. I have only sent a gun back for a issue that I caused actually nad they covered it. I have had the P30 and it was a great gun but the valley in the trigger guard is an issue. Lots of complaints.

I do not believe either HK or Sig offers you the best value for the money.

I don't see why. If you look enough, you can get these fine pieces at resonable rates.

Vlad,

I have older german sigs and newer ones. No issues at all. Even the guys with the rattle that they talk of have no issue as far as accuracy. I have a sig that rattles a little and it shoots fine.