LT from firearms unit at SP called me that I violated 30 day law. Feb. 4 to march 4. Said was only 28 days and this was my first and last warning!

not true

This is from the memo we got from the NJSP dated 3/102011. If you need a copy email me and I'll forward it to you.

A. MULTIPLE HANDGUN EXEMPTION APPLICATION ON FILE AND APPROVED:

• N.I.C.S. WILL CONFIRM WITH THE DEALER THE SERIAL NUMBER OF

THE HANDGUN BEING PURCHASED. IF THE SPECIFIC HANDGUN BEING

PURCHASED IS IDENTIFIED BY SERIAL NUMBER ON STATE POLICE

ELECTRONIC RECORDS, AND THE INDIVIDUAL IS NOT SUBJECT TO

ANY OTHER DISABILITIES PROHIBITING THE ACQUISITION OF THE

HANDGUN, N.I.C.S. WILL APPROVE THE PURCHASE. IF THE SERIAL

NUMBER OF THE HANDGUN BEING PURCHASED IS NOT ON FILE ON

THE PURCHASER’S APPROVED APPLICATION, AND IS NOT NOTED ON

THE APPROVED HARD COPY IN THE POSSESSION OF THE PURCHASER,

N.I.C.S. WILL DENY THE PURCHASE. NOTE THAT SOME DEALERS

HAVE IMPLEMENTED A SIGNED FORM FOR THE PURCHASER TO

ACKNOWLEDGE SAME.

He stated that the next time I will be arrested. The FFL was already warned. The Kick in the AXX is that these were my own firearms that I had left at the store for sale and were previously permitted. Perhaps an out? But neverless it will be a 4th degree and I would be subject to arrest. He also stated he had 200 other calls to make!

At the risk of stating the obvious, after reading this tread and realizing the cost of time and resources expended just to, if not prevent the lawful exchange of firearms at the very least make it so difficult,I am astounded at gun owners that would even consider any compromise to gun laws.Forgive the rant but...... WTF?

He stated that the next time I will be arrested. The FFL was already warned. The Kick in the AXX is that these were my own firearms that I had left at the store for sale and were previously permitted. Perhaps an out? But neverless it will be a 4th degree and I would be subject to arrest. He also stated he had 200 other calls to make!

This makes my blood boil. OGAM is a clear violation of 2A, and crosses the boundaries of "regulation" to pure a hindrance of our legal rights. So far OGAM has made criminals out of regular gun owners with its frivolous do-nothing-to-stop-crime rules intended to trip up law abiding people in their snares. So much more to be fixed after the "justified" clause in our CCW laws.

• Like 1

This makes my blood boil. OGAM is a clear violation of 2A, and crosses the boundaries of "regulation" to pure a hindrance of our legal rights. So far OGAM has made criminals out of regular gun owners with its frivolous do-nothing-to-stop-crime rules intended to trip up law abiding people in their snares. So much more to be fixed after the "justified" clause in our CCW laws.

Right on, brother... This State is so ridiculous.

I got that call a few weeks ago. I was denied at N.I.C.S for only waiting 28 days. Two days later I went back and picked up my G26 with no problem. The State Trooper was very nice to me on the phone, I let him do all the talking. I said Thank You and hung up. it took them 14 days to contact me after I was denied from NICS. I'm good to go tomorrow for the use of my last permit, but my next gun isn't in yet.

Sigh.... OGAM wasnt a violation of the 2nd Ammendment when it passed, and the 2nd didnt even come into play until until March of 2010. Up until that point the 2nd Ammendment DID NOT APPLY TO STATE LAWS. People dont realize this. The US constitution applies only to control and limit the power of the FEDERAL GOVT unless and until such time as SCOTUS "Incorporates" something under the 14th Ammendment and "Equal Protection". Since NJ has and has never had any mention of an RKBA in our State Constitution, until the McDonald Decision was rendered, there were NO actual limits on what NJ could have done vis-a-vis gun laws. NJ could have banned everything completely and forced all of us to dispose of our Firearms, and before the McDonald Decision there isnt a DAMN thing we could have done about it. That Said, While McDonald incorporated the 2nd to be relevant to the Individual states, it also allowed for "Reasonable Restrictions" Thus far, the courts have not determined the limits on the word "Reasonable" and until they do, again, we're screwed, and stuck with OGAM. Until someone with DEEP pockets sues the state and can get a court to agree that OGAM is "UNreasonable" it's here to stay. I had originally hoped that McDonald would have forced a complete re-write of 2C:38, or even a repeal of it completely, and a completely new Chapter written, but so far even SAF hasnt tried to beard that lion.

While OGAM is here I just wish if you already went through the process to obtain a gun, you would them be allowed at any time to trade that 1 for 1 for another without another P2P. I should be able to sell my handgun and get a replacement anytime I wanted, I think while OGAM is around it should be Purchase OGAM but trade 1 for 1 after you go through the process once.

Harry

• Like 1

Since NJ has and has never had any mention of an RKBA in our State Constitution

This is factually correct. In the NJ constitution rewrite approx 1940 something or other, there was even talk about mentioning RTKBA, but the officials at that time felt that it was so well understood that it did not need to even be mentioned - or so the commentary goes. If only they had added it at that time we'd all be in a much different boat right now.

what surprises me is that the OP didn't take the time to count the days between the pp use.

I take the time and have no issues. It is what it is people and we have to deal with it for now until things change or at least we can change them. I think the OP is lucky he's not in cuffs.

What surprises me even further is that the OP goes to gun shows and worked in a gun store.

• Like 1

This is factually correct. In the NJ constitution rewrite approx 1940 something or other, there was even talk about mentioning RTKBA, but the officials at that time felt that it was so well understood that it did not need to even be mentioned - or so the commentary goes. If only they had added it at that time we'd all be in a much different boat right now.

Exactly it was always understood as a "Universal Truth', and thus they never felit it "NEEDED" to be enumerated..sadly nobody looked far enough forward, or even cnceived what this state would be come over the last 60-70 years. it is interesting though when you look atht eh original NJ state Constitution (Dated TWO July 1776) and find that every aspect of what would become the BoR WAS incorporated, except for the 2nd.

When I pickup my first handgun I will make sure to write on my calendar what day I will be allowed to purchase the next one for sure!

Harry, I agree with you. If you own a handgun and simply want to sell/trade it for another one they should let you do so. Treat that transaction as a long gun purchase. After-all, what are you actually doing at that point? You are getting rid of Mfg/model #/serial # xxxxxxx and getting Mfg/model #/serial # yyyyyyy. It's not like you're increasing your collection. Crazy state we live in.