yosemity71

Hello from Atco

Hello everyone, great forum you have here! I just found this place yesterday while trying to research the NJFID process.

A little about me, I am 39 & have been living in Atco (Camden County) for about 12 years now. I have been bowhunting & fishing all my life & have recently decided to give gun hunting a go in the near future. I am about ready to put my paperwork in for my FID & then get a new shotgun. Anyone know how long Waterford twp police usually take ?

I haven't been to the range in a while (few years) but I am looking forward to getting back out there! I learned to shoot in the Marine Corps & put a lot of rounds down range while going to Maritime CQB school.

Welcome to the forum , i too reside in Atco , be prepared for a possible wait and improper paperwork reqirements . You will be dealing with Sgt Passerello , after you get your paperwork filled out and your references get their forms "Notorized" you have to call the Sgt and see when he is doing FID and Permits and schedule a time to see him and turn in your paperwork , ive done it twice , the first time i waited 42 days , the second time was 65 days depending on the Sgts and Cheifs schedule .

Welcome to the forum , i too reside in Atco , be prepared for a possible wait and improper paperwork reqirements . You will be dealing with Sgt Passerello , after you get your paperwork filled out and your references get their forms "Notorized" you have to call the Sgt and see when he is doing FID and Permits and schedule a time to see him and turn in your paperwork , ive done it twice , the first time i waited 42 days , the second time was 65 days depending on the Sgts and Cheifs schedule .

My daughter is in the same dance class as Sgt. Passerello's daughter, maybe I will get some preferential treatment :sarcastichand: yeah right.... Guess it is a good thing I am a patient paerson.

Get yourself down to SJSC and have a look around once you do. Should be just around the corner from you.

I plan on checking out SJSC, I have shot a lot at the state reange on Piney Hollow right down the street. I have also shot a Square Circle quite a few times both Gun & bow.

Welcome to the forum....I lived in Waterford Twp for 29 years and finally moved out of Camden Co. to Atlantic Co.....still NJ so in may ways not much better...lower taxes though....My brother still lives in Atco and it took him about 6 weeks just for his permit to purchase a pistol. When I moved to Atlantic County (Hammonton) I did the change of address on my FOID. After not receiving it in about 6 weeks I contacted the Hammonton Police who told me they sent it to Atco a couple days after receiving it. The Atco police dept. just sat on it until I started calling them. Atco has a couple cops who think they're like the gastapo and carrying a badge (and a gun unlike other law abiding citizens in this state) makes them superior to everyone else. Other then that it's a nice town and I still go to church there.....

Want some interesting reading about Waterford Twp police dept just go to http://www.waterfordtwpteaparty.com/ , i have lived here for 14 years and never knew about all this stuff with the PD dept , i was really amazed about all the crap goin on here !!!

Wow! some very interesting reading! I actually know one of the cops is question, makes me sick! I had heard rumors before but never imagined that is was that bad.

PK90 is also from Waterford TWP maybe you have seen him in your rearview mirror.. :sarcastichand:

Welcome to the forum..

Just to be clear here, I am NOT from Waterford Twp., nor have I ever worked for Waterford Twp.

I have a PO box in Waterford Works, which is in Winslow Twp.

Yea i was a little leary puttin that link on here but i recently seen the signs posted around with the recent elections and figured everyone can make their own decisions about the stuff written on there , i myself have never had any problems with the PD dept here in fact a couple of the guys are really cool ...

Trying to get a permit in Atco is very time consuming. The sergeant that does it thinks he is gestapo and works like a mafia cop. Here is a comp;ete website about Atco's police sergeant known as the Booze Brother and the cover ups uncovered. Atco is Waterford Twp and crazy things happen there. The cops dont want anyone having guns. check out http://www.waterfordtwpteaparty.com/index.html click on the Booze Brothers for the permit sergeant.

Welcome.

Since you reside in Atco, you may want to check out Telco Sportsmen's Club. It's practically across the road from Atco Raceway.

Every Monday 6pm-9pm they host a trap shoot that's open to the public. It's also the best time to meet the management and apply for membership.

Best of luck with the FPID application.