BCeagle

Woodchucks

Little bastards come back every year.

1st year I used amonia in the hole, but last year I dont think it worked.

I saw basically a smoke bomb that goes in the hole and eats away the oxygen, looks like a flare. Can I just use a flare or should I get the actual bomb.

Any other ideas? (would love to sit on a chair with a 22 and a cool lemonade and wait, but dont think my town would appreciate it)

Little bastards come back every year.

1st year I used amonia in the hole, but last year I dont think it worked.

I saw basically a smoke bomb that goes in the hole and eats away the oxygen, looks like a flare. Can I just use a flare or should I get the actual bomb.

Any other ideas? (would love to sit on a chair with a 22 and a cool lemonade and wait, but dont think my town would appreciate it)

Get some CB caps. They are quiet:

You could always hook up a hose from the exhaust of your car. :icon_twisted:

I grew up with those things in my backyard and the only (reasonable) thing that worked was live traps and a drive to the county park. By the way, if you corner them they will come at you. Their teeth look bigger that way. If you sneak up on the babies, and the mom catches you, mom can scream like the loudest woman you've ever heard. Very surpriseing since they're usually super silent.

I should add that letting them go in a county park may not be 100% legal.

I don't believe your allowed to capture and relocated any animal with out the proper authorization. I could be wrong but we asked about moving a goose nest a couple years ago and got a big negative on that. It was dead center in a parking lot with grass/dirt dividers...dunno why they picked that spot, the geese were always chasing cars and people around the parking lot when they got too close.

I thought about just making a simple snare, the hole isnt that big that it would be pretty easy to catch it going in and out, would prefer not to kill it. Wanted to get some use out of the army field guide.

My dad has a trap I may try that and then relocate it, law be damned, there is a forest a block away.

You can trap them with a have a heart trap. Then you have to call animal control to come pick them up. They usually take the animal and your cage and return the cage when they get around to it.

It's a bunch of BS.

A .22 is so much easier, and much more economical.

They have alot of pellet guns with surpressors built into the barrel.

Legalities of that suggestion aside..i dont know as i'd trust a Pellet, even a .22 pellet from anythign other than a VERY high-end air rifle to dispatch a Chuck cleanly.

They have alot of pellet guns with surpressors built into the barrel.

Pellet guns in free states are not firearms and because of that dont have to abide by NFA restrictions. However, in NJ, a pellet gun is a firearm. A firearm with a supressor in NJ is a big no no! While you are still not violating NFA (federally it is OK) NJ doesnt allow supressors