Maksim

Falling skies Premier tonight at 9PM!

I'm not usually one to care for sci-fi but I got to like FS last season. Yes its a rehash of the alien invasion like War of the Worlds or Independence Day but it has its own twist as the patriots are fighting as guerillas. The fact they touch on logistics missions for food, ammo, gas, vehicles, etc make it more realistic as these would be genuine concerns. I would think that M16s would be much more prevalent than the AKs. I don't think production cost is a factor as they only need a handful of blank firing ones as the rest of the people are just walking around with resin replicas. There are undoubtedly many M16s and AKs in movie gun houses just from the Vietnam movies they've been making for over 30 years.

I think the biplane in the most recent episode is a Russian AN2. Did anyone get a better look at it?

Griz, you're completely right about the weapons availability. If they got weapons from armories, the FA weapons would likely be M4/M16's, and a couple MP5's from PD's. Some of the others they've shown would be very scarce.

I'm not usually one to care for sci-fi but I got to like FS last season. Yes its a rehash of the alien invasion like War of the Worlds or Independence Day but it has its own twist as the patriots are fighting as guerillas. The fact they touch on logistics missions for food, ammo, gas, vehicles, etc make it more realistic as these would be genuine concerns. I would think that M16s would be much more prevalent than the AKs. I don't think production cost is a factor as they only need a handful of blank firing ones as the rest of the people are just walking around with resin replicas. There are undoubtedly many M16s and AKs in movie gun houses just from the Vietnam movies they've been making for over 30 years.

I think the biplane in the most recent episode is a Russian AN2. Did anyone get a better look at it?

Yeah... I don't get where they're getting many of the FA rifles. I mean, Weaver is retired US Army... why is he using a SIG 552 (i think)? Where does the one kid have an HK G36 from?

I don't mind seeing AKs... but full auto ones are pretty rare. These people being Massholes, I'm surprised they were able to find adequate stocks of those rifles.

BUT! It's good to see M-14s getting used.

only reason i could think of is they want a wide variety of weapons to demonstrate how the 2nd mass had to scavenge, scrounge, and piece together everything; from weapons, to clothes, vehicles, equipment, etc. seeing everyone with an AR variant may seem 'boring', or too much like they are an organized force with similar weapons/equipment. it would be more believable if they used hunting rifles/shotguns, in addition to ARs, M14s, etc, rather then 100s of AKs and exotics like the sig or G36.

Any one know where I can watch Season #1? It doesn't appear to be Comcast On-Demand or Netflix.

It's available on discs at netflix

http://movies.netflix.com/Movie/Falling_Skies/70181814

As far as streaming goes, Amazon Video and Itunes also have season 1, but you gotta pay for those.

only reason i could think of is they want a wide variety of weapons to demonstrate how the 2nd mass had to scavenge, scrounge, and piece together everything; from weapons, to clothes, vehicles, equipment, etc. seeing everyone with an AR variant may seem 'boring', or too much like they are an organized force with similar weapons/equipment. it would be more believable if they used hunting rifles/shotguns, in addition to ARs, M14s, etc, rather then 100s of AKs and exotics like the sig or G36.

I mean, if that were the case, then they have a wide variety of American weapons to choose from in addition to M-4/M-16 types. They can have Ruger Mini-14s, Bolt action 700s, AKs, SKSs, M1 Garands, MP5s, SAWs, M60s, etc. Most semi-autos, with the vast majority of autos being .mil.

I'm calling it now. Maggie never got rid of her brain tumors, which is why she won't get close to Hal.

I'm somewhat disappointed with the last episode. Although it was very interesting, with lots of twists, there wasn't enough action. There wasn't even any appearance from any Skitters or Mechs. All the conflict was within the group. Too much drama.

I'm calling it now. Maggie never got rid of her brain tumors, which is why she won't get close to Hal.

Possibly, Im thinking they would show a few more signs though if going in that direction, either odd descions on her part, headaches, etc.

Last episode was interesting, they did pack ALOT into the episode though, ... too much maybe? Between weavers condition, pope coming back, Hals girlfriend coming back,ben running off.... I'd much rather have a little more story development on a few things rather than throwing a basket of twists in my face and then moving on.

Possibly, Im thinking they would show a few more signs though if going in that direction, either odd descions on her part, headaches, etc.

Last episode was interesting, they did pack ALOT into the episode though, ... too much maybe? Between weavers condition, pope coming back, Hals girlfriend coming back,ben running off.... I'd much rather have a little more story development on a few things rather than throwing a basket of twists in my face and then moving on.

I think that her refusal to be with Hal is the initial strange decision, and I think that we will see more to come.

I completely agree with you though, they tried to cram way too much into the last episode. One of the things that Falling Skies has going for it is that it had the potential for so many twists in the story. They shouldn't exploit them all in one episode though.

I enjoyed today's episode much more, I think because it had more action. I'm highly disappointed that Ben is now gone though. He was one of my favorite characters. I also think that although he posed a risk to the group, he also helped them get out of more than enough tough situations to make him a benefit.