xm177e2687

New guy from Monmouth county here

Whats up everyone, glad to be a part of this forum. I never even realized a NJ specific firearms forum existed, I am on a few other gun related boards but will probably find myself posting here more often since we have our own unique situation in NJ when it comes to this hobby. Anyhow, I'm a college student currently residing in monmouth county and I have been shooting/collecting semi automatic rifles for a few years now. My dad is also a shooter and a collector of ww2 firearms so we tend to go shooting together. I used to go to shore shot all the time when I first started shooting until I began purchasing long guns and was not allowed to shoot them there because of the calibers so I let my membership run out since I couldnt make use of it. I went a few years without shooting because I had no place to go, can't afford CJ range and fort dix is just too much of a travel, plus I've heard that they are a bit strict there when it comes to modern semi automatic sporting rifles. I started shooting again when brick armory opened up their range because they allow me to shoot all of my rifles there and always have lanes open (when I used to go to shore shot there were often times when I'd end up going home without shooting because there was no lanes available) I browsed this forum and read a little bit about the various ranges, I see that there is a general consesus here that BA is a shady business, I have no say in this as I have only purchased one firearm there and had no issues (although it was a bit overpriced). They did try to sell me a firearm once that had a few issues, but I test fired it and was refunded my deposit with no problems at all so I can't complain about their service, plus I always enjoy my time on their range without any nervous range employees breathing down my neck and watching my every move. Although I enjoy shooting my .556, .308 and .30-06 rifles at brick, I wish I could find a range (outdoor) that was longer than 25 yards and black rifle friendly so I could really see what my firearms are capable of. In the meantime I'll have to just settle for the pistol range distances, at least the range is fairly new so its always clean, has good ventilation and its usually pretty empty not to mention I am not treated like a novice or a threat while shooting there, the range officers mind their own business as long as nothing dangerous is going on. I am glad I found this forum and I am looking forward to chatting with other NJ shooters/collectors, maybe one of these days I will find myself a good rifle range, anyone have any suggestions? Thanks! :)

I wish I could find a range (outdoor) that was longer than 25 yards and black rifle friendly so I could really see what my firearms are capable of.

Monmouth County R&PC, in Farmingdale right next to the airport. $100/year.

-Dave