emptyshell

Recommend a Great Folding Knife

My EDC is a Benchmade Griptilian 551-ORG. It has yet to not impress me. Easy one-handed opening/closing, great 154CM blade, and very comfortable handle. I prefer it over my Spyderco Pen Knife.

Griptilian:

BM551H2O.jpg

I prefer its litte brother in a Mini Griptilian, but a great knife never the less.

grip.jpg

Workdays it's my CRK small Sebenza, days off a Hinderer XM-18, or my recently delivered Zero Tolerance 560 or 561. Generally have a small SAK in the other pocket in any case.

You really carry your 0561? Mine just showed up last week from pre-order and it's HUGE! I like it... but I don't know how much I'm gonna carry it. Might end up selling it. (My 3" XM-18 flipper sees most of my pocket cary or my Strider PT CC.)

You really carry your 0561? Mine just showed up last week from pre-order and it's HUGE! I like it... but I don't know how much I'm gonna carry it. Might end up selling it. (My 3" XM-18 flipper sees most of my pocket cary or my Strider PT CC.)

Yeah, if I'm in jeans it disappears, and it's lighter than my 3.5" or 4" XM-18's.

Would I carry it and use it... probably. (Especially for $12.) I'd probably use it as backup to another folder, or small tasks. Or maybe as a small folder in dress pants when I can't really carry my usual. Or in the glovebox, or whatever, just in case I don't have my usual carry.

Hard use? Never. Last ditch pry bar? Never. Cut an apple for lunch... sure, why not? Knives are tools like any other. For $12 if I broke it, I wouldn't cry, nor would I be too surprised. If I broke my XM, I'd cry... but I'd also be rather shocked. (And I'm pretty sure that if I sent it back to the Hinderer Ranch, it would get fixed up good as new.)

Can't seem to pull away from CRKT M16 and M21. Have 5 - in different points, blades, colors. Love everything about them. Can't bring myself to exceed the 60 to 80 price range. Not enough knowledge to appreciate the 150 to 300 dollar knives.

• Like 1

One day ill own a Chris Reeve Sebenza ....one day

I actually owned one several years ago, but had since sold it. It was an OK knife, but definately not worth the coin, in my opinion. The thumb-stud was known for actually cutting into your skin, it was that pointy. There are dozens of other knives on the market that are a much better value as far as I'm concerned.

I actually owned one several years ago, but had since sold it. It was an OK knife, but definately not worth the coin, in my opinion. The thumb-stud was known for actually cutting into your skin, it was that pointy. There are dozens of other knives on the market that are a much better value as far as I'm concerned.

Yeah, they do cost a lot of money. Thats why im hesitant of making such a large investment for a knife, but i heard a lot of great reviews about it

Yeah, they do cost a lot of money. Thats why im hesitant of making such a large investment for a knife, but i heard a lot of great reviews about it

Many of those "great reviews", I've found, come from people who buy the knife and lock it away or put it on a display case. They don't use it day-to-day, because of the cost. Best of luck in whatever you decide.

Can't seem to pull away from CRKT M16 and M21. Have 5 - in different points, blades, colors. Love everything about them. Can't bring myself to exceed the 60 to 80 price range. Not enough knowledge to appreciate the 150 to 300 dollar knives.

that is my exact view on it..

I have several CRKT knives.. they all work.. they are all durable.. and they were all very affordable.. there is no doubt in my mind that there are nicer "$300 knives" out there.. but I can't pay as much for a knife as I did the gun I carry..

I talked to the officer at local state police barracks and a sheriff that we know and a family friend who use to be a sussex county judge all said me being a EMT i am allowed.to have an automatic I had to sign a form to order from benchmade too

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2

Ok....so I lost my Kershaw Zing folding pocket knife for the 4'th time. Another example why I don't invest in expensive pocket knives....Damn.

Kershaw no longer produces the Zing although it was light, thin and wicked sharp and had that funky scalloped blade so I went looking for it's replacement.

I received this rather cheesy blade catalog from a online retailer called BUDK and decided to find out if they carried anything other than the latest fantasy sword featured in the 7'th installment of the Lord of the Rings or replica serpent dagger from Game of Thrones.

Pleasantly surprised I was able to order the excellent Kershaw OSO Sweet and Burst for less than $55.00 shipped.

Now switching up between the two for my EDC and hoping not to cut myself too badly.

http://gunshowgoods.com/zencart/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=14&products_id=73

This is what I have. nice blade, doesn't dull easily, and it's fairly cheap. Not to mention it looks cool. Plus it's pretty good at various things, it's more utilitarian than it looks. I use it for opening packages, cutting up boxes at work, cutting rope, pretty much everything. Plus the spring assist is really sweet on it, though, if like me, you sit there and flick it open and closed a lot, it tends to lose tension, you can tighten it back up, so really it'll last you forever. Sharp too.

Here are some of my favorite folding knives. (I have a Buck Squire somewhere but I can't find it at the moment for the photo op. I'm guessing it may be in a tackle box or a backpack somewhere.) The older Buck's and Gerber's were some of the best for the money at the time. Another favorite was a Schrade Old TImer Gunstock Trapper folder w/ liner lock that I adored but someone stole it out of my desk at work some years ago. It was the best $9 knife I ever owned. I have numerous Victorinox knives but everyone seems to have one of them. The A.G. Russell, Bucklite and Gerber Lightweight are my favorite everyday pocketknives.

Just picked this up at Cabela's over the weekend.

http://sogknives.com/store/TFSA-98.html

My new carry knife.

Interested in this. How is it? I may get that but what does everyone think of the Gerber Answer XL tanto?

http://www.bladehq.com/item--Gerber-Answer-FAST-XL-Spring--10095

I just picked up a Gerber LHR and like it. Thinking of this for an everyday carry.

What's the name of that folder that many purchased several months ago, from Amazon, I think. I can't find the original link. I recall it being an inexpensive, but nice knife. The biggest issue I remember reading about, with the point bending all the time.

I might as well share. I've been carrying the Benchmade 581 everyday for the better half of the last year. Haven't sharpened it yet and it is still reasonably sharp. I guess that's one of the perks of M390.

benchmade-barrage.jpg

That's one fine knife. Timeless class. Super Steel M390.

Envy.

What's the name of that folder that many purchased several months ago, from Amazon, I think. I can't find the original link. I recall it being an inexpensive, but nice knife. The biggest issue I remember reading about, with the point bending all the time.

Nevermind. I think it was the Kenshaw Onion Leek.