Krdshrk

Old Bridge Zombie 3 Gun

Old Bridge IDPA is having a Zombie 3 gun match on Sunday, September 11th.

You can wear any tactical gear you want as long as your pistol is holstered strong side on your hip or leg (no crossdraw). Anything on the rifle is ok. Max 10 round in mags. Slings are not needed.

Need a minimum of 50 rounds for each gun. Birdshot only for shotguns.

$5 for OBRPC members, $20 for everyone else.

Who's in?

Roll Call:

1. Krdshrk

2. Ray Ray

3. Deviated Rationality (+1?)

4. vjf915

5. Jon1919

6. Echomirage

7. Zell959

8. Mr. G

9. Imperialfish

Maybes:

1. ClangClang

2. robot_hell

3. HavocMan

Spectators:

1. ronhonda (maybe)

Not sure, Victor. If it's an AR I have extra mags for you.

Saiga Surefire mags. Don't have everything I need to finish building my AR yet. I could most likely dig up the stock mag somewhere, and then I'd have 4....I'm hoping that's enough.

I'm a new shooter - I don't have a shotgun yet, nor enough experience (I think) to compete, but if I'm free I'd like to come out and watch so I can eventually start competing. Is there a spectator fee?

Trust me when I tell you this.....shooting paper while standing still will NEVER prepare you for this kind of shooting. The only way to be prepared for this is to actually do it. Tom who runs IDPA at Somerset says "Be safe, have fun, and be good...in that order." Being safe should be your first concern. If you can safely participate in this event, then do yourself a favor and participate. If you do participate, have fun. After those two are accomplished, then worry about being good.

What I'm trying to say is if you can safely participate, then you really should go.

Put me in as a tentative yes. I have a Mossberg 500 I can lend as well. I don't really have any tactical gear, save for a kydex holster and mag holder for the 1911. I have only one reliable mag for my AR... Krdshrk, can I take you up on the offer to lend me a couple while we're there?

My gear isn't of the best quality, but I'm going to run it to see how I can handle it under pressure. I'll be running a cheap vest that holds my rifle and pistol mags and some extra shotgun rounds, and a thigh holster for my SR9 with a TLR1.

My biggest issue is getting stuff to hold my shotgun shells. I may just use a large MOLLE pouch so it'll hold loose shells.

I considered doing that as well. But I'm running something like this:

ShotgunShellHolderVerticleCoyote_Altered.jpg

This keeps the shells oriented in the direction I want them to be. My shotgun holds 12-13 shells as it is, and I have 3 of them that hold 6 shells. If you want to run one or two to try it out, you're more than welcome to.

VJF and Robot Hell, thanks for the kind offer! It's actually not the shotgun... no vest, no pistol holster, rifle is actually a Mosin lol (but I have a Saiga on the way!). I'm woefully underequipped to shoot a comp like this, although I could certainly do it safely. I'm well acquainted with gun safety and have been shooting for years (first at Scout camp, then a NRA rifle class in my teens, then with friends, etc) but I've never been a gun owner until now, but I don't think I'm quite ready to shoot an event like this.

That being said, I really would like to watch, which sounds like its not a problem. Anyone heading down from Bergen County and want to carpool?

I really want to go, but I just had foot surgery on Friday and will be out of commission for another week or 2.:icon_e_sad:

Maybe if I can move around a bit better, I will take a ride to spectate.

Sounds like a fun match.

Enjoy and maybe I'll see you guy's there.

It's actually not the shotgun... no vest, no pistol holster, rifle is actually a Mosin lol (but I have a Saiga on the way!).

Now those reasons are a little bit more valid LOL. First step, get yourself a holster and mag holders for the pistol, then participate in a USPSA or IDPA match....that will get you acquainted with the atmosphere.

Ron I wish you a speedy recovery.

Hey all. I am completely unfamiliar with this type of competitive shooting but I'd like to learn more & eventually get involved. Shooting & moving is obviously far more attractive than standing/sitting/proning out at a firing line all the time.

Are there any other rules besides what's mentioned in the first post? Is there a web site I can check in order to get some more detailed info?

I'm also wondering if any of the weapons I own will be appropriate. For instance, I own a S&W M&P9 FS, an AR with irons and an EoTech and an 870 with rifle sights. Am I gtg? I have mags & ammo for the M&P and the AR. I can get some birdshot.

For instance, I own a S&W M&P9 FS, an AR with irons and an EoTech and an 870 with rifle sights. Am I gtg? I have mags & ammo for the M&P and the AR. I can get some birdshot.

All you need is a holster, mag pouches for the AR and pistol and pockets for shotshells.

I've got a glock 19. Plenty of mags and ammo.

Let's see if we can get you kitted out. I have a holster that will fit a Glock 19 (Serpa) and will have something available for mags.

Also more info - 3 mags will be more than enough for any stage.