Krdshrk

Old Bridge Zombie 3 Gun

Take Route 516 W through 2 lights to a 3rd light at Jake Brown Road. (1.1 miles) Make right onto Jake Brown Rd (Coastal Gas Station). Follow Jake Brown Rd for .3 miles then the road bends to the right sharply. Follow this for .2 miles and at the end there is a dirt road. Follow the dirt road into the range.

From Match Director John Plum:

Basic rules for Zombie 3 gun match:

Any kit will be allowed as long as it's safe. Go nuts, remember this is a zombie match. Search DPMS zombie match on youtube for ideas.

Pistols must be worn on strong side hip or leg, no chest rig holsters allowed.

10 rounds max in rifle and handgun. 8 rounds max in shotgun. (Jersey law regulates 15 round mag capacity)

Number 6 or smaller birdshot for shotgun only, no slugs.

Approx 60 rounds min for each gun (bring more)

Zombie targets will be scored head shots only.

IDPA targets will be scored under idpa rules.

All steel must fall, clays must break.

All misses on Zombie targets will incur 5 second penalty per miss with a fail to neutralize penalty for no hits, steel and clay misses will incur 10 second penalty no ftn penalty

Any questions call, email or facebook me.

Final Round count Min:

57 Rifle, 28 Handgun, 21 Shotgun

ALSO: TOC TACTICAL WILL BE AT THE MATCH WITH A TRAILER FULL OF TACTICAL GEAR FOR SALE. NEED A KIT? TOC WILL HAVE A BUNCH OF STUFF THERE.

CASH ONLY GANG!

I think the plan was that we would just compete at different times so we could both use the rifle and his Mossy 500. I picked up a remington 870 today at the middletown show but it's only got a 4+1 (for now) instead of the 7+1 on his mossberg so we'll use his rifle and shotty and my glock. I also picked up a holster and mag holster so I think we're covered on all fronts.

I'm kinda psyched!

Will be watching the Magpul DVD's all night long :)

I didn't expect such a LARGE turnout, wow! It was fun, I still hate shooting my wifes 92FS, gotta go practice with that thing indoors. My Saigas ran just fine, first time I really got to use them. Maybe I'll bring one of my revolvers next time. Didn't get to put screen names here to faces. I was the guy with the yellow Jegs hat and carrying all-black guns!

The match was quite fun, it seemed like there was quite a bit of shooting for the amount of ammo fired. There were ~7 stages, maybe 8? It was definitely a lot of fun incorporating all three guns. I also found out pretty quick that my vest doesn't work for me worth crap.

I didn't expect such a LARGE turnout, wow! It was fun, I still hate shooting my wifes 92FS, gotta go practice with that thing indoors. My Saigas ran just fine, first time I really got to use them. Maybe I'll bring one of my revolvers next time. Didn't get to put screen names here to faces. I was the guy with the yellow Jegs hat and carrying all-black guns!

didnt know you were the pontiac racer.

also, the biggest lesson learned today: the two tools every AK shooter needs is a backup AR and a leatherman to fix the hunk of shyt when it breaks and becomes the shovel it was meant to be.

• Like 2

didnt know you were the pontiac racer.

also, the biggest lesson learned today: the two tools every AK shooter needs is a backup AR and a leatherman to fix the hunk of shyt when it breaks and becomes the shovel it was meant to be.

What happened to ak's?

Now that was just uncalled for...

And whatever happened to Ray's AK is his own damn fault, I told him to get a Saiga instead of messing around with the crap he got.

Well, I had no problem with either of my Saigas today, they just needed a better shooter behind them! :)

On that Stage Ray had problems with I did excellent except............. I took 3 shots with my wifes Baretta on the swinging target and one of them hit the girl. Oh well.................

Some of those AR's made a lot of noise and fire compared to my AK, I was quite suprised at the difference in that ammo.

Well, I had no problem with either of my Saigas today, they just needed a better shooter behind them! :)

On that Stage Ray had problems with I did excellent except............. I took 3 shots with my wifes Baretta on the swinging target and one of them hit the girl. Oh well.................

Some of those AR's made a lot of noise and fire compared to my AK, I was quite suprised at the difference in that ammo.

it's primarily the muzzle brake directing the flash/sound to the side instead of forward.

I fired about 10 shots at the swinger and 7 hit the girl, at least the zombie didnt survive, she was bitten so it was only a matter of minutes until she turned zombie

It was great meeting some folks today and putting faces with usernames. I had a great time at my first match and learned a whole lot. Also, I had a chance to speak with one or two of you about the armor group purchase, but if you still have any questions, feel free to PM me.

Important lessons of the day

• When shooting a match, don't use an SKS
  • If using an SKS, first learn how to properly load stripper clips. Quickly.
  • XS Big Dot sights on a pistol or great for home defense, not so great for longer distance accuracy shooting
  • Bring more water and some food
  • Don't confuse human targets with zombie targets
  • It would be really nice to have a tacticool'ed AR with an EOTech

Can someone post a link of where results will be posted?