HAHAHA, Your reading my mind..

Nick posted a video from one in the Camera thread in GD...got me thinking. I'd love to see CJRPC run one, but they wont allow Centerfire Rifle in the Pits (except in handgun Calibers)..Hmmmm maybe Zombie 3-gun with a .22 Carbine setup?? Or perhaps i should Beard the Lion and approach the board about Allowing Centerfire Rifle (Maybe with a frangible ammo restriction???) for Matches only in the pits. Any thoughts from other CJ members?

Why not just do it with a pistol caliber carbine? They are fun as hell. Ammo is cheap. Between Ruger PC9/4, Beretta CX4, Keltec, 9mm ARs, etc you have plenty of good pistol caliber semi autos. Don't forget lever actions either.

Why not just do it with a pistol caliber carbine? They are fun as hell. Ammo is cheap. Between Ruger PC9/4, Beretta CX4, Keltec, 9mm ARs, etc you have plenty of good pistol caliber semi autos. Don't forget lever actions either.

There's a lot of people who don't have one.. Me for example..LOL Although I could switch my MGI over to 9mm pretty easily, and for less than a dedicated upper. however right now i;m in the middle of finishing up another 5.56, and building my "Zombie Special" (Mega ZEDU upper and lower) in .300AAC Blackout..and i just wont have the cash to 9mm up right now. If I wasnt also in the middle of getting the engines up and running and doing fiberglass work on the bought i bought last month it wouldnt be an issue but i;ve got a metric poop-ton of irons in the fire right now.

They won't be running another zombie 3 gun match until next year. I thought the one at OB was a blast. The scoring itself could use some adjustment, but it was still a lot of fun.

I would hope it would be based on USPSA rules, and not IDPA.

If it's IDPA then it will be fun, go with USPSA and it will become a competition.

Regardless if the rules are based on IDPA, USPSA, or Outlaw 3gun, it WILL be a competition. Now how you to choose to participate in the match (fun, training, or to be #1) is totally up to you.

Anyone know if OBRPC will be running another one anytime soon???

OBCATS (USPSA) usually runs a 3gun match in October. it appears that they are not having one this month, perhaps next month. So who knows.

However, many clubs in the tri-state area run 3gun matches.

There is one in York PA with the 3 man team format.

Here is the info and a link;

On Sunday, December 11th we will be hosting a 3 man team 3 gun. If you haven't tried one of these before you really should. There is nothing more fun in all of shooting.

The application is available at http://www.yorkiwlaipsc.com/forms/York_3m_3gun_Fall2011.pdf It is a fillable pdf. Fill it out, print it, and send it in with your check.

New for this match:

- The match fee is $90 per team, but you may opt to pay an additional $90 which goes to a prize pool and all of the money in the prize pool will be paid out.

- No paper targets. We will be using all steel, drink bottles and clay birds. Reactive targets are fun and it should speed up the match.

- Every team member must shoot all three types of guns a minimum of twice in the match. i.e. shotgun 2x, rifle 2x, and pistol 2x minimum.

We will only be taking 56 teams so do not hesitate to start rounding up your team. If you need team members let me know and I will help you round some up. There all always some loose people waiting around.

Some of the match details are on the application. I will posting more here. If you have questions don't hesitate to ask.

http://yorkpistol.blogspot.com/2011/10/december-3-man-team-3-gun.html

Ray, I have never shot IDPA so wondering why it wouldn't turn into a comp if using USPSA vs. IDPA rules??

Harry

Ray's just talking out of his a**. I've shot both and just went to have fun even to this day, it's still about that. I used to like IDPA but now prefer USPSA. I don't care about scores.

@Ray - what's up dude?

Ray's just talking out of his a**. I've shot both and just went to have fun even to this day, it's still about that. I used to like IDPA but now prefer USPSA. I don't care about scores.

Got-cha, didn't know if there was a big difference. I will get out and try IDPA soon, but I do like USPSA but just getting into shooting steel, I am tossing up a coin on what one I like better, Add in OBRAMS, oh hell I like them all. :icon_mrgreen:

Harry

Got-cha, didn't know if there was a big difference. I will get out and try IDPA soon, but I do like USPSA but just getting into shooting steel, I am tossing up a coin on what one I like better, Add in OBRAMS, oh hell I like them all. :icon_mrgreen:

Harry

I'll let more experienced shooters do more comments but my little experience with IDPA, the difference is they are more concerned about procedures. In other words, they make sure you shoot behind cover, you shoot the first target you see in cover if not, it's a procedural. You can't drop mags with ammo in it, I believe, or that's a penalty. Go to youtube and search for IDPA. There is some videos there from Nick (Krdshrk) from NJGF members shooting. Search for Somerset IDPA.

Ryan

I'll let more experienced shooters do more comments but my little experience with IDPA, the difference is they are more concerned about procedures. In other words, they make sure you shoot behind cover, you shoot the first target you see in cover if not, it's a procedural. You can't drop mags with ammo in it, I believe, or that's a penalty. Go to youtube and search for Somerset IDPA. There is some videos there from Nick (Krdshrk) from NJGF members shooting.

Ryan

Harry, come on out to SCFGPA and we'll walk ya through it.

Thanks Jon I'd like to, have been meaning to get out to the one Bob mentioned in PA but this work gig is getting in the way of all my fun again, but I'll keep an eye out for matches I might be able to make.

Next year will be good for me, I am planning on taking from the 16th to the end of the month off all year for the most part, so just about anything that happening after the 16th I should be able to make, well that's when the OL and Rugrat don't have things planned.

Next year should be a good year for me, I may even get to get out and practice, unlike this year my practice has been only the matches I have shot, starting in January I should have some IPSC target holders and steel to go play with in the pit's at OB, it's hard to just go to the indoor range and stand and shoot paper after shooting USPSA, Steel and OBRAMS.

I'll post up what days I plan on going to practice in the pits and see who might want to join in, will have my Crono late this week or early next week, also getting a timer from a friend of mine also so I don't have to yell BEEP..:icon_mrgreen:

Harry

Thanks Jon I'd like to, have been meaning to get out to the one Bob mentioned in PA but this work gig is getting in the way of all my fun again, but I'll keep an eye out for matches I might be able to make.

Next year will be good for me, I am planning on taking from the 16th to the end of the month off all year for the most part, so just about anything that happening after the 16th I should be able to make, well that's when the OL and Rugrat don't have things planned.

Next year should be a good year for me, I may even get to get out and practice, unlike this year my practice has been only the matches I have shot, starting in January I should have some IPSC target holders and steel to go play with in the pit's at OB, it's hard to just go to the indoor range and stand and shoot paper after shooting USPSA, Steel and OBRAMS.

I'll post up what days I plan on going to practice in the pits and see who might want to join in, will have my Crono late this week or early next week, also getting a timer from a friend of mine also so I don't have to yell BEEP..:icon_mrgreen:

Harry

Niiiiiiice. I know you have a wacky schedule like me so please LMK when you plan to do some weekday blasting. I'd love to join and can bring food/drinks in return for range time :)