n4p226r

Any Watch Fans? What Do You Own? What Do You Like

so sad, I returned the citizen black eagle sky hawk. that black ion plating was coming off with very light use working at my desk at work... don't know what to get now... I sent an email to citizen about it but they said just to bring it back to we're I brought it from, apparently it's a known problem and really don't wanna address it...very sad because it is such a beautiful watch, but in a year it will look like shit... my wife has a guess watch that has a more durable coating on it. any tough black watches? I have too many silver, I want a black watch, but no rubber or leather bands I break those for some reason...

Here is my new handwind. It's a design that I came up with working with my buddy who is a watch maker (and gun guy too). He put it together. The strap is temporary, I am waiting for a brown alligator strap to arrive.

Hope you like.

post-4771-133467316993_thumb.jpg

Unitas 6498 skeletonized

post-4771-133467326959_thumb.jpg

well I ended up returning the black eagle skyhawk beacause the black ion coating was wearing from 2 days of light use, I coughed up the extra dough and got the titanium version, it's so darn light! feels like nothing is on my wrist, the steel version was an anchor. I'm happy now.

th_acd3076c.jpg

68939573.jpg

i loved my citizen sky hawk titanium so much, i decided to pick up another one cause i was using my sky hawk everyday... i pick up this citizen echo drive promaster, i really like it its little bigger but more modern looking than the skyhawk.

93de0b3b.jpg

My "EDC" is a B&M Chrono, with the good old Valjoux 7750 so its easy to maintain

Traveling I have a Tag Pro Quartz, old faithful.

I have an Omega Aqua Terra on order, the new 8500 movement with the Si14 mainsprings so I'm looking forward to that one.

My grail alternates between a Daytona and a Master Compressor depending on my mood...

My daily work watch is a $10 Ascent digital watch with a yellow bezel. It has an alarm and a stopwatch. Useful to have on my wrist. My usual "going out" watch is a Breitling Aerospace. Then I have a few "dress up" watches that get seldomly worn. Out of the herd of those watches I probably wear a 2011 Rolex GMT w/ ceramic bezel the most. I still admire that one. Others that stay on their winders are offerings from Rolex, Panerai, Omega, and Breguet.

My "EDC" is a B&M Chrono, with the good old Valjoux 7750 so its easy to maintain

Traveling I have a Tag Pro Quartz, old faithful.

I have an Omega Aqua Terra on order, the new 8500 movement with the Si14 mainsprings so I'm looking forward to that one.

My grail alternates between a Daytona and a Master Compressor depending on my mood...

The Aqua Terra's are VERY nice! Good luck with it. Omega automatics are great watches... I love all the Omega's I have and prefer them over Tag or Rolex...

Any of the Luminox line. I have several of them. Not cheap but work very well and are accurate. Also, one of the only companies that use real Tritium Gas Tubes.

My Main Watch: Luminox 600 F-16 Series Mens Watch 622

Sent from John's iPad 2 via Tapatalk HD

I am definitely on board with favoring Omega's the quality is higher than that of Tag and the same with Rolex in my

Opinion. Omega was the first watch to the moon for those who didn't know. There is an essence about Omega wearers vs Rolex wearers that I find Omega wins with. I think they appreciate the watch more than someone who buys a watch to be flashy. My daily watch and my favorite is a Omega Seamaster. I wear Montblanc Timewalker for formal occasions and sometimes at work. And a Rolex GMT Master II I purchased used from an uncle fallen on hard times. I hope to get a new design Omega Planet Ocean, possibly the new skyfall release shortly after Christmas time with extra income and tax return money.

Here is photo of mine I edited

post-5026-134184866305_thumb.jpg

I was doing an "Aqua Terra vs. Datejust" shootout and the deciding factor for me was that I think Rolex is much more common (as common as a $5k watch is anyway) so I went with Omega.

I wanted an in-house movement and I know that the 8500 isn't technically "in-house" its really close. Failing the Omega or Rolex I was looking Zenith.

EDIT: The Skyfall is really really sharp. That would be a nice pickup.

Yeah, I think the Rolex and Tag's are somewhat "Me too" watches... I think you'll find that Omega owners are mostly made up of folks that really know and appreciate good quality timepieces/movements. I don't mean that Tag and Rolex are not quality watches... they are... and I was just drooling over a beautiful high end Tag I saw in store a couple of weeks ago... but IMHO, I feel Omega's are better. They may not have the trendy or "bling-bling" reputation of some of the other watch manufacturers, but I think they're higher quality than your average Tag and Rolex.

Yea right on with that assessment Tony! And @Shocker, I absolutely love the Dial and face on that watch, what I love even more is the whole carbon fiber'esque look on the Quantam of Solace Planet Ocean. But the whole subdued "quantum of solace" writing in center of the sapphire crystal ruins it. I think they realized that with the Skyfall release and left that part out

Nice collection tony, a gentleman always needs at least one leather banded watch!

Thanks! The crappy cell phone picture does them no justice though... They are much more beautiful in person. And yes, I agree on the leather! That's my dress watch... Speedmaster Broad Arrow.

I wanted an in-house movement and I know that the 8500 isn't technically "in-house" its really close. Failing the Omega or Rolex I was looking Zenith.

Why do you say that the 8500 isn't technically in house?