Tom-NJ2AS

Score One For the New Jersey Second Amendment Society!!

http://blog.nj.com/njv_paul_mulshine/2011/12/post_157.html

I wrote recently of how the state of New Jersey refuses to follow its own law that mandates that purchase permits for guns be issued within 30 days if there is no good cause to deny them.

That statute also strictly limits the conditions a municipality may require.

Egg Harbor Township was one of many that requires extra forms and imposes conditions outside the law.

But when the Second Amendment Society brought this to their attention, the township officials showed a rare example of common sense.

They reconsidered and decided to follow the law.

Anything can happen. Perhaps soon even Chris Christie will see the light.

Below is the NJ2AS press release from Frank Fiamingo. Frank tells me lots of other towns are still violating the law and the Christie administration is permitting them to do so.

The New Jersey Second Amendment Society (NJ2AS) has recorded its first substantial victory in Operation Establish Compliance (our ongoing effort to force Municipal Police Departments to issue firearms permits in accordance with law) with the reversal of Egg Harbor Township’s policy of requiring the signing of an unlimited release of information and liability waiver as a condition of processing firearms permit applications.

NJ2AS was only days away from filing a lawsuit challenging the additional form when Drew Parker, who serves on the Egg Harbor Township Zoning Board and is a member of NJ2AS, brought the issue to the attention of the Township Committee. The Committee immediately conducted a thorough investigation, led by Joe Cafero, ultimately concluding that the form was in use, and was, in fact, an illegal additional requirement. The Committee then acted quickly to stop the use of the form.

"The NJ2AS Board and Staff and all of our members applaud the actions of the Egg Harbor Township’s Township Committee and the cooperation of their Chief of Police. We are grateful that they did the right thing, and in doing so, have avoided a costly lawsuit for both parties. It is encouraging to see such effective and responsible leadership at the local level." said Frank Fiamingo, President and co-founder of NJ2AS. "That's the whole point of having a Second Amendment Society. So we can work together to resolve problems."

NJ2AS has now shifted focus to another town with similar requirements. Frank Fiamingo went on to say "Our current, ongoing lawsuit, NJ2AS v. NJSP, seeking access to the NJSP Firearms Applicant Investigation Guide, has shown that we are willing to go to the mat. We will do whatever it takes to eliminate these illegal practices. As usual, we will provide updates to our efforts in Operation Establish Compliance as soon as they become available. Anyone can sign up for our free email alert system at NJ2AS.com."

The New Jersey Second Amendment Society is the most relevant pro-gun-owner organization in New Jersey with thousands of members and supporters throughout the State, emphasizing education of the community and legislature, safety and skills training and properly distinguishing between criminals and the law-abiding in legislation and administrative practices.

• Like 10

The New Jersey Second Amendment Society is looking for towns in the following counties that have additional conditions or requirements when processing firearms permit applications:

1) Atlantic

2) Cape May

3) Cumberland

4) Salem

5) Gloucester

If you have been subjected to additional requirements, such as being forced to sign a waiver, fill out an additional form, list the members of your household, list previous employers, provide personal information other than what is required by statute, or any other additional requirement that you are not sure about, we would like to hear from you. Please be assured that we will not take any action on your behalf without your prior approval. At this time we are just looking to identify those towns in your area that may not be in compliance with NJ firearms statutes with regard to the processing of these applications.

Please email us at [email protected] to let us know. If you can include examples of the additional forms that would be helpful, but is not required.

(If you live in Egg Harbor Township, you do not need to reply).

Thank you for your help.

Sincerely,

Frank Jack Fiamingo

President - NJ2AS

The New Jersey Second Amendment Society is looking for towns in the following counties that have additional conditions or requirements when processing firearms permit applications:

1) Atlantic

2) Cape May

3) Cumberland

4) Salem

5) Gloucester

If you have been subjected to additional requirements, such as being forced to sign a waiver, fill out an additional form, list the members of your household, list previous employers, provide personal information other than what is required by statute, or any other additional requirement that you are not sure about, we would like to hear from you. Please be assured that we will not take any action on your behalf without your prior approval. At this time we are just looking to identify those towns in your area that may not be in compliance with NJ firearms statutes with regard to the processing of these applications.

Please email us at [email protected] to let us know. If you can include examples of the additional forms that would be helpful, but is not required.

(If you live in Egg Harbor Township, you do not need to reply).

Thank you for your help.

Sincerely,

Frank Jack Fiamingo

President - NJ2AS

Any reason you are limiting it to south jersey? My friend just put her info in for Wall Twp in monmouth county and they told her it would take 4 months. I didnt get to look at the forms but evidently they were having her list her whole family. She is married and lives with her husband. Then they made her get her photograph taken. I JUST found out about this actually. Got anything for me?

Any reason you are limiting it to south jersey? My friend just put her info in for Wall Twp in monmouth county and they told her it would take 4 months. I didnt get to look at the forms but evidently they were having her list her whole family. She is married and lives with her husband. Then they made her get her photograph taken. I JUST found out about this actually. Got anything for me?

They made her get her photo taken? Wow! That's the first time I heard that one. Can you email me the forms as a PDF? My email is in my signature block below.

Thank you.