jcerillo70

A little Sunday morning activism. We need your help

We are leaving comments on Senator Frank R. Lautenberg Facebook page in response to his latest message on gun control.

402662_359008500782096_121816241167991_1686223_986530731_n.jpg

We left about 14 comments and he deleted them all, so this is round 2. Let your voice be heard.

Below is the link to his page

TY. Ignorance on this matter really does offend me on an intellectual level. People let emotions on subjects get in the way of facts and truth. emotion being. GUNS KILL PEOPLE GET RID OF THEM. My uncle was Sgt. Patrick King of the Long Branch police force and while he was on duty he was shot twice in the back of his head by a gun. i do not blame this gun for his death but the criminal who called cops for assistance because he wanted to commit suicide but wanted to kill a cop in the process. He walked up behind my uncle and shot him twice killing him. if it was not for the CRIMINAL than my uncle would be alive.

GUNS KILL PEOPLE GET RID OF THEM.

Anyone who watching "The Simpsons"...

there was a Halloween Episode (all ironic funny episodes)...which Springfield got rid of ALL their guns to be a peaceful town.....then the aliens invaded, and they had no weapons to defend themselves.

Funny Yes...but also can be viewed as: No matter what you do, if you get rid of all the guns, there will still be people around who wants to dominate or take over, and with no guns, you can be defenseless.

Anyone who watching "The Simpsons"...

there was a Halloween Episode (all ironic funny episodes)...which Springfield got rid of ALL their guns to be a peaceful town.....then the aliens invaded, and they had no weapons to defend themselves.

Funny Yes...but also can be viewed as: No matter what you do, if you get rid of all the guns, there will still be people around who wants to dominate or take over, and with no guns, you can be defenseless.

Another one where they got rid of guns, and the zombies of Billy the Kid, Butch Cassidy, and "The most evil German in History" Kaiser Wilhelm took over.

Yippie Whippy

I am not on FB, so I just looked at the postings, looks like the pro 2A side is with it today. When I first opened up the page,and saw the Crypt Keeper's face and a candle I was hoping it had announced that he had finally kicked the bucket! No such luck, millions of our tax dollars still keep that animated corpse in his chair, through fetal stem cell treatments, hyperbaric chambers and buying organs on the black market for this decrepit old fossil.

• Like 1

I am not on FB, so I just looked at the postings, looks like the pro 2A side is with it today. When I first opened up the page,and saw the Crypt Keeper's face and a candle I was hoping it had announced that he had finally kicked the bucket! No such luck, millions of our tax dollars still keep that animated corpse in his chair, through fetal stem cell treatments, hyperbaric chambers and buying organs on the black market for this decrepit old fossil.

With all due respect, you sound like a "death panel" proponent or something ;)

Done. I wonder how he would feel about Self Defense rights if he lost all taxpayer paid security & any perceived protection? Would he feel good about having to call 911 while "trying" to retreat in his house... Just sayin'

I can't even invest that much thought in replying to nonsense like that anymore.. it is so tiring..

Criminals do not follow laws.. so legislation against guns does nothing to curb crime.. do people really believe that criminals give thought to law before committing acts of gun violence? do laws stop criminals from getting guns? NO do laws stop criminals from using guns? NO.. increase penalties for people who commit acts of gun violence.. keep them off the streets.. lock them up.. that is something that would make society safer.. and on another note.. even if you banned every gun in the world.. it would not stop those bent on hurt and pain.. On April 19th 1995 over 150 people lost their lives in almost an instant.. On September 11th 2001 almost 3000 people lost their lives... in neither instance not a single bullet was fired..

• Like 1

I like the arguments we're putting up, and it seems like the other side just got tired of fighting, but the English being used by our side is deplorable. Using proper English, even just little things, such as commas, capitalization, etc. go a long way to lending credence to our arguements. Not trying to be a grammar Nazi, but some of it is pretty bad....

I like the arguments we're putting up, and it seems like the other side just got tired of fighting, but the English being used by our side is deplorable. Using proper English, even just little things, such as commas, capitalization, etc. go a long way to lending credence to our arguements. Not trying to be a grammar Nazi, but some of it is pretty bad....

I view facebook as a fairly informal venue for discussion.. If I were writing an article to a local paper or a letter to a government representative it would be significantly more formal.. kind of moot anyway since only two people are going to be reading these comments..

1) gun supporters

2) people who hate guns and will not be swayed an inch even if god himself materialized in front of them and told them to take up arms..

Still, any anti-gun people will simply criticize symantics, as opposed to substance. I mean, even writing in a conversational tone is fine, but some of the grammar itself is just bad.

Regardless, the ideas themselves, and the discussion, and emotion of the responses are pure gold.

Still, any anti-gun people will simply criticize symantics, as opposed to substance. I mean, even writing in a conversational tone is fine, but some of the grammar itself is just bad.

Regardless, the ideas themselves, and the discussion, and emotion of the responses are pure gold.

I think you mean semantics....I'm sorry, I had to. :p

Anyway, I posted as well, not that it will really make a lick of difference. Politicians these days only listen to those speaking their language (the language of politics or the side they agree with, take your pick).