JaredC

Bullethole experience (thumbs down)

why dont they f**k with me like that at the BH?

NOBODY ever bothers me there during the day, I dont understand.

...am I missing sumthing?

lol. Same with me, dude. Everytime I go there I never get any crap. I do usually get the whole "Please shoot center mass, no rapid fire" spiel, but other than that it's fine.

I agree if you dont like a place dont go back but, this may have been his first bad experience there or his first time at this range. If a person has a bad experience some where and they back for more punishment then thats foolish of them. As far as posting about a experience people should express themselves and reader should take it as they see it and use their judgement on how to take that story. I appreciate everyone that comes on and "rants" about an experience because it gives me some what of a heads up what I may experience when dealing with a person or business. I would rather have that heads up then get blindsided because someone kept their experience to themselves.

i dont buy guns or ammo there THATS A TOTALLLLY DIFFFFERENT STORY ... just range time....

if im doing sumthing WRONG, them I deserve to be addressed. I dont care how big or small ur are, SPEAK UP!

I dont expect to be treated any different bc sum1 is scared, its a poor excuse. Just dont yell @ me!

i 110% agree...... if i was doing something wrong and dangerous then by all means for my own safety and others yell at me so i learn.... but what this douche did was wrong.... i explained what happened tonight to a few people and they all said its not me... i take it with a grain of salt and woun't loose much sleep over this lol.... i wanted to take my girl there to shoot but ill drive the hour to an outdoor range where people are nice

Jared, might be something with you, or a combination of both.

I will say though, my one time shooting at the Bullet hole, went there with a Smith Wesson 22 A, I had an RO lecture me that CCI Blazer ammo is garbage, that I should not shoot it there, and that I should go buy some Remington Golden Bullets.

It serves a purpose for alot of new shooters. Anyone who shoots more frequently, will find a private club to call home. I did feel the place was a bit small and claustrophobic, and this was 3 years ago. Right now, I would not go there unless it was just me. Some people who shoot at public ranges just scare me.

i agree.... i want to join a club that i can shoot anything i bring indoors..... if cherry hill is the most local that i can do that then i will join there...

Well, I for one have not had problems at the bullet hole,in fact they were running a "kids " night and I got the times screwed up,

showed up 2 hrs late, and they were very accommodating they allowed my son to shoot even though the event ended hours earlier.

and instead of saying sorry you missed it (which I could not blame them I screwed-up)

My wife,son and I were invited into the range they went over basic safety rules, and demonstration of the cricket rifle (the event co sponsor) and my son shoot a pretty good group.

As far as the old guy goes, he yells because he is Deaf (95%) but if you took the time to know him ,you would find as I have, He has a heart of gold.

everyone has to yell in there to talk and hear what the other person is saying...... what he did was not yelling because he is deaf he was specifically making it a point to chime in and give me his 2 cents on every single little thing i did rite on up to how i shoot.... he is there because the insurance company says so for my safety... he is not there to give me lessons and smart a** wisecracks... i treat everyone with respect and i expect the same in return

If you can not follow rules, or RO's talking to you than Cherry Ridge is NOT for you...........

Many RANTS have been posted about that place .(cherry Ridge)

and then again, you hear more bad things than you hear good, because people do not complain when its good.

Never had a good experience there. Once called to ask if they had a Right Handed Serpa holster for a p226. Guy said yes we do just one left, I said can you make sure it's actually there and not just on the computer screen since it's a bit of a drive for me. He said yep he was sure. Drove an hour there and low and behold it's a left hand model. Ugh. 1.5 hrs back with traffic.

everyone has to yell in there to talk and hear what the other person is saying...... what he did was not yelling because he is deaf he was specifically making it a point to chime in and give me his 2 cents on every single little thing i did rite on up to how i shoot.... he is there because the insurance company says so for my safety... he is not there to give me lessons and smart a** wisecracks... i treat everyone with respect and i expect the same in return

I am sorry you had a bad experience, I have been there many times, and have not had an issue. and in fact they went above and beyond that Sunday night. 4 hours after the range and store are normally closed. rates well with me.

Be well ,and may you find the range of your dreams.

If you can not follow rules, or RO's talking to you than Cherry Ridge is NOT for you...........

Many RANTS have been posted about that place .

and then again, you hear more bad things than you hear good, because people do not complain when its good.

i do follow the rules.... and i would love to talk to a friendly, non arrogant, helpful not demeaning range office anytime...

lol. Same with me, dude. Everytime I go there I never get any crap. I do usually get the whole "Please shoot center mass, no rapid fire" spiel, but other than that it's fine.

Are you telling me that this range goes as far as to tell you "how" you can and can not shoot?

I only go there for range time and haven't really had any problems. The worst experience was the one time I went on a Saturday morning... crowded as hell. I simply never made that mistake again. (I'm lucky to work from home, so now weekday mornings or afternoons is the only time I go.)

Matter of fact I was there Monday afternoon. Me, my buddy, 1 NJ Trooper and someone getting a basic instructional course until just before I left... then it started filling up. The old guy was the RO. He cracked some jokes with me when I walked in, came to my port while I was unpacking to check out what I had with me, marveled at the Viridian C5L I was mounting up to the HK45c for the first time and commented on the green laser, and then went about his business. Didn't even give me the center-mass/no rapid fire song and dance.

Sometimes I've had an issue with surly customer service, however again it was one of those crowded days and the only person behind the counter was being pulled in 400 directions at once. I can understand. (I'm not saying it's right, but I can understand.)

Other than that... it's close, it's indoors, and I only go for the range time anyway so until I can find a private club that I like.... it'll do for now.

I don't do public ranges anymore. Last time I went to a public range someone decided to commit suicide less than an hour after we left. What if that bullet hit me or my wife too? No-thanks, I'll stick to my private club. I like shooting outdoors better, less smoke to breathe-in. Besides, clays and steel is far more fun than paper.

wow....i never got a lecture of where to shoot. I ususally buy the long targets from them & stick my splatter targets on the chest & over the face. nobody ever told me to take them down, etc.

the only thing that pisses me off are the MUZZLE SWEEPS I get from the a$$holes next to me. I even lit up an RO standing DIRECTLY behind the guy as he swept me. WTF! If u cant see a new shooter from behind, then move to the side where u can see what he's doing! -common sense, -geez!

The old guy is a tool! he ran up on me and ray cause i was iphone recording ray ray doin a tac reload with his DD guy flipped the fugg out funny cause i dont see no camera signs anywhere. But otherwise i never have a problem with the bullethole i enjoy shooting there and the staff (women mostly) are pretty decent! But no real negatives to say about the place

ill look into that one.... im going up to fairfield clay club this week to check it out and probably join

better watch yourself there! nothing but a bunch of pros and they dont like new guys or idiots just sayin, ran by a bunch of grumpy old men and the pros yell at you for anything dont let ur shells eject towards someone

The old guy is a tool! he ran up on me and ray cause i was iphone recording ray ray doin a tac reload with his DD guy flipped the fugg out funny cause i dont see no camera signs anywhere. But otherwise i never have a problem with the bullethole i enjoy shooting there and the staff (women mostly) are pretty decent! But no real negatives to say about the place

I've never really had a problem there. They're grumpy men. I just deal with it. It's 5 minutes from my house so it's really convenient for me.

Unfortunately we've all seen the way some clowns handle firearms at ranges. I'm sure they get sick and tired, and grumpy, after telling the same people the same sh*t all day. For the most part they've been really cool with me there. I also think the more you go the more they recognize you and lay off (unless you are one of said clowns). I make it a point to say hello and take care when I leave. I found that the more they've seen me there the less they say to me (they even crack jokes every now and then). I think we all need to imagine what it's like running a range in Belleville and we can all imagine we'd be grumpy too (not everyone is responsible like us)

I also got yelled at for taking pictures one day...and yes there are actually signs in every lane that say no cameras. Never understood the rule but they are posted (same sign that says no steel cased ammo)

I've been there maybe 4-5 times, sometimes with a friend sometimes by myself. Always shooting handguns. I always get the "no rapid fire, etc..." speech when I show the RO my receipt but I've never gotten any other commentary or feedback from the RO's. I remember one time an RO telling me that doing a double tap or even a triple tap was OK, they just don't want people doing magazine dumps and not controlling their fire. I've never had a problem with the Bullet Hole or the RO's there but I've also never shot anywhere else so I have nothing to compare it to.

Are you telling me that this range goes as far as to tell you "how" you can and can not shoot?

yes..... on my target i had one stray high and he stopped me from shooting and said center mass or leave or some bs i just nodded and said okkk

the best was he told me to put my cheek up against the shotgun stock because thats how shotguns should be shot....

wow....i never got a lecture of where to shoot. I ususally buy the long targets from them & stick my splatter targets on the chest & over the face. nobody ever told me to take them down, etc.

the only thing that pisses me off are the MUZZLE SWEEPS I get from the a$$holes next to me. I even lit up an RO standing DIRECTLY behind the guy as he swept me. WTF! If u cant see a new shooter from behind, then move to the side where u can see what he's doing! -common sense, -geez!

what are muzzle sweeps? when shot hits your targets?

• Like 1

better watch yourself there! nothing but a bunch of pros and they dont like new guys or idiots just sayin, ran by a bunch of grumpy old men and the pros yell at you for anything dont let ur shells eject towards someone

ill have to check it out.... i dont want to be in a place full of old grumpy guys and pros yelling at me... had too much of the "didnt succeed at anything" crowd lol

Muzzle sweeps are when the a-hole next to you turns and points a gun in your direction when telling his girlfriend just how good a shot he is.............

Loaded or not, a gun NEVER, EVER gets pointed at people, ONLY downrange!

yes..... on my target i had one stray high and he stopped me from shooting and said center mass or leave or some bs i just nodded and said okkk

the best was he told me to put my cheek up against the shotgun stock because thats how shotguns should be shot....

Sorry, but I'd choose to not shoot at all rather than having to go through that crap with some j*rkoff associated with the range. Yes, his job is to keep everyone safe, but to not allow head-shots or anything off-center is bullsh*t. As far as holding your shotgun, as long as you're not risking others, he has no business saying anything.

And you guys actually pay real money to get treated like that? Damn, must be chicks putting out in a back room or something that's keeping you there :).

I’d like to comment on this post. I hope you all realize that I have not commented on anything since I removed the Bullet Hole from here.

First of all, my range officer is very strict. I am not arguing that. John is a Vietnam Vet that has seen more then most of us will in our lives. I know that is no excuse for something that may of happened in the range, but when you talk about someone like that it hurts. I can also assure you that he is not a homosexual if that is what some of you were implying. He is dating a very nice woman that is dear to him.

Now, when I monitored my cameras today I did notice John walking over to you Jared several times during your session. You shot my target hanger and you took a picture. That is why he talked to you. Realize that my cameras work. When you hit a hanger we need to order new ones because they break.

This increases operating expenses which makes prices go up. So we ask you to aim for center mass. I know that is not fun and aiming for the head is just so much cooler but we just cannot afford for you to do that especially when there is a real good chance that you could miss.

In the past the associated press has used photos collected off of websites in order to create a news story. We would rather not have a photo collected from our range. So we ask you not to take pictures. I realize that some of you do, I’ve even seen videos on You Tube.

Now for a more serious point. In the same thread you as a group have referred to my range officer as being homosexual and a racist. You referred to my store as being a brothel stating that and I quote-

“.And you guys actually pay real money to get treated like that? Damn, must be chicks putting out in a back room or something that's keeping you there.”

We are a family business that has been around for over 28 years. My mother and my sister in law works there in addition to myself. I find this insulting and degrading.

The firearms industry is under attack from all angles. We do not need attacks from within. As many of you know, I am a fighter for the cause.

Please in the future contact me if you have an issue. Stop at the counter on your way out and talk to us. I was there yesterday when this event happened and no one said anything to me. I cannot for the life of me understand why you waited until you got done, got in your car, got home, and got on your computer to complain.

Jennifer

• Like 10