Babaganoosh

Hornady LnL Progressive w/ Casefeeder and extras

I have one and love it.....it does take about 500 rounds to 'break in' dial in...but once done it runs smoothly....

If it has the case feeder plates etc it is a good deal...got a link???

I have one and love it.....it does take about 500 rounds to 'break in' dial in...but once done it runs smoothly....

If it has the case feeder plates etc it is a good deal...got a link???

I'll get you a link when I get home. You may have to join the enos forum to view.

Ok, here is the link. http://www.brianenos.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=143514&pid=1612034&st=0entry1612034

You may have to sign up to see classifieds.

Ok I was mistaken about the dies but here is the list of stuff it includes.

Auto case feeder

Large pistol feed plate

Small pistol feed plate

Large rifle feed plate

Small rifle feed plate

EZject upgrade

Case activated powder measure

Quite a few LNL bushings (22)

Shell plates #1 #6 #8 #10 #16

308-45-30.06-243

40 sw 10mm

38 .357 38 short colt

9mm 38 super

an extra #1 and #6 not yet cut for ezject

Primer pick up tubes (1 large and 1 small)

Parts to change from small primer to large

Spare parts and extras

case holder springs

primer sleds

primer punches

Original documentaion

That is a GREAT deal, I would like 650 a bit better...BUT....the case feeder is what....200 300....the press like 400 the other parts etc..

Press goes for approx 415

Casefeeder 310

It has 120 dollars worth of casefeeder plates.

150 in shell plates

Shipping would cost you approx 50 anyway.

If I didnt have one I'd buy it.

It's funny how many people drink the blue koolaid. It took me a bit to get mine running correctly but it's now running flawlessly. I also was brand new to reloading when I got it.

not really and its way more finicky then any press on the market its a tinker press; and 80% of people have problems with them...

p.s. i gaurantee that guy is gonna buy a dillon after he sells that hornady!

Did you have one or just heard "stories" from Dillon owners?

I had a few issues at first mostly my fault, but the press runs great and can turn out >500 rounds an hour WITHOUT case or bullet feeder.

not really and its way more finicky then any press on the market its a tinker press; and 80% of people have problems with them...

Yes.... Dillon stuff never breaks, and does not have any issues. :rofl:

The guy may be upgrading to a Dillon 1050, but no way anyone would go from a Lock n Load to a 650. No reason to.

I have thousands of trouble free rounds through my AP, and no issues that were caused by the press or design, only my mistakes.

Try the press yourself before making ignorant comments.

Btw, Dillon just put in a price increase.

Don't get me wrong, dillon makes good stuff, but it is wayyyy more than equivalents from others.

Guy's, Blue or Red, when you compare the 650 to the L-n-L, it's just a matter of what you like or have. When it's all said and done they are both very good presses, is 1 better than the other, is 1 more trouble free, probably a matter of preference more so than actual functionality or performance differences.

To note I have a 650, but if I had the need or just some extra cash laying around I would pick this deal up in a heartbeat and never look back and run both of them. I think people who have problems with either of them, it probably more user error or just the user behind the learning curve.

So what next, Ford vs. Chevy?? :icon_e_surprised:

Both presses have their quirks. Dont think dillon doesnt have issues. The first page of the dillon forum on brian enos is riddled with people having problems or showing "fixes" for the dillon press.

my cousin has a 1050 and its sweet. Guess what? He still has problems occasionaly, and the 1050 doesn't have the no bs warranty. His is set up for 45. When he wants to load 9mm guess what he does? Comes over to load on my press.

I dont care about red vs blue. They are both quality machines. Have you loaded on a hornady?

Really bro? Who are you to say ignorant comments? I know mulititudes of owners who go from a hornady pos because they are sick of it being a tinker press to a 650 you better watch your mouth before you make "ignorant" comments i dont care who you are or think you are! I'm not your typical bow down a** kissing **** like most people on this forum i posted perfect information. But your the man starting a Blue vs. Red war whatever i dont have time for you.

So you have never used one yourself. Please withold arrogant posturing until you have first hand experience on the subject you are talking about.

• Like 1

So you have never used one yourself. Please withold arrogant posturing until you have first hand experience on the subject you are talking about.

Just playin devils advocate here, but did one really have to test drive a Yugo to know it was a POS? If a transmission company offered 2 trans, one with plastic gears and the same one with steel gears..does one really have to use the one w/plastic gears to know its gonna be a POS? If say someone talked to 10 people who all reload, and 9 say a particular piece of equip wasn't worth getting and to get something different instead(and all said to get the same particular different thing)...thats all the research one might need to base their decision on. IMO, one doesn't have to actual use something in order to form an opinion over albeit does help when wanting to base off personal experiences, but there are other ways of making an educated decision.

• Like 2

Just playin devils advocate here, but did one really have to test drive a Yugo to know it was a POS? If a transmission company offered 2 trans, one with plastic gears and the same one with steel gears..does one really have to use the one w/plastic gears to know its gonna be a POS? If say someone talked to 10 people who all reload, and 9 say a particular piece of equip wasn't worth getting and to get something different instead(and all said to get the same particular different thing)...thats all the research one might need to base their decision on. IMO, one doesn't have to actual use something in order to form an opinion over albeit does help when wanting to base off personal experiences, but there are other ways of making an educated decision.

I have done pleanty of research on both the LNL and 650, and i can say with 100% certainty that both are equal machines. Each one has it's pro's and con's. If you want to claim a product is a POS, then u better have more to say about it then... i read on a forums it's a tinker press? what ever the hell that is... They are precision machines and they require such attention to detail.. I have seen complete write up comparisosns of both presses by professional reloaders, and they have done a very good job at detailing where each press falls short. If you want to add in a constructive comment with out looking like a turd, back up you claims with something more solid then its a tinker press, if you know and understand how to reload then you know every machine is different and requires you to properly set it up and mantain it. To say people havent tinkered with dillions for hours on end before getting their loads just right would be retarded, just like it is to say the same about the lnl.

If you talk to 10 inexperience reloaders and they all found difficulty with a machine does that make them reliable sources? IMHO you find people who are proficient in there reloading, people who have used many different presses from many different companies, and who can give a one on one comparison, with detailed information. Some people dont even use the LNL like its supposed to be used, running one case at a time. Some people dont properlly clean it and set up to begin with, some people may be using reloading components that are less user friendly, some components may work better with one machine then the other. there are many things to take into consideration, and making such a blank generalized statements is no where near enough for me to make a descision.

Add to that fact we have several people on this forum using the lnl with great success it would be better to say where it falls short and have those people using it either confirm or deny such difficulties.

• Like 1

Actually yes. You do need to try something out to know its a POS. After all, you didn't have to try out a PLASTIC gun to know it would never work. Oh thats right, they do work and are pretty much the standard nowadays.

You don't need to have one to form an opinion, but don't try to play your opinion off as fact. If you have one and had troubles with it state those troubles as fact. But if all you have done is heard 2nd/3rd hand stories don't try to pass those off as fact.

• Like 1

Reloading is a dangerous part of our sport and it doesn't even involve pulling the trigger. It voids any warranty on firearms if you broke or destroyed said gun. And destroying your gun is not the worst part, you coud hurt you or innocent bystanders from bad loads or squibs that went unnoticed during the reloading stage. I do not like reloads and won't use any in my firearms.

Really bro? Who are you to say ignorant comments? I know mulititudes of owners who go from a hornady pos because they are sick of it being a tinker press to a 650 you better watch your mouth before you make "ignorant" comments i dont care who you are or think you are! I'm not your typical bow down a** kissing **** like most people on this forum i posted perfect information. But your the man starting a Blue vs. Red war whatever i dont have time for you.

Please name those owners and have them come here.

Secondly, please start using proper English. Your Ghetto/Bonics is starting to hurt me. However, since you are an expert at presses, please name 5 ways the Dillon 650 is better than the Hornady Lock n Load AP, and state some of the problems the press has.

The whole point of this thread was to inform someone of a great deal on the press, no one was asking for your comments, however since you replied adding your "expertise," please do share it oh wise one.

Here is why I prefer the Hornady Press, over the comparable dillon 550/650.

1. I would hate to waste money on a warranty for myself and every press owner after me, as Dillon builds the warranty work into their prices. The Price of a 650 scares me, and quite frankly, the 550 is not equivalent to the AP.

2. The 550 does not have auto index, you have to go out to 650 to do so. Means more money.

3. Prefer buying the lock n load bushings over an extra toolhead. Shell plates and bushings are also cheaper.

4. Alot faster to change over the lock n load ap from small pistol to large pistol, vice versa.

5. Faster to change over the press from caliber to caliber.

6. Hornady is faster and easier to clean up when you miss a primer. Just pop the shell plate off and wipe off. No primers anywhere near there.

7. Case retention... Hornady uses a spring, instead of stupid little pin buttons that can get lost with each caliber.

8. Smoother to operate, requires less force.

So what do you have? Besides.... "Its a dillon, and my friends switched over from hornady to dillon, so hornady must be a pos"

Reloading is a dangerous part of our sport and it doesn't even involve pulling the trigger. It voids any warranty on firearms if you broke or destroyed said gun. And destroying your gun is not the worst part, you coud hurt you or innocent bystanders from bad loads or squibs that went unnoticed during the reloading stage. I do not like reloads and won't use any in my firearms.

Well I guess no one has ever had a kaboom moment with factory ammunition.

You are right though, reloading can be dangerous. If the person making the ammo is careful the ammo will be fine. If the person is a flake, watch out for the kaboom.

I shoot my own reloads and reloads made by friends who I KNOW take care when making them. I would not buy or shoot gun show reloads.

Well I guess no one has ever had a kaboom moment with factory ammunition.

You are right though, reloading can be dangerous. If the person making the ammo is careful the ammo will be fine. If the person is a flake, watch out for the kaboom.

I shoot my own reloads and reloads made by friends who I KNOW take care when making them. I would not buy or shoot gun show reloads.

There is an exemption to my rule. One member here has reloads that I would use in my firearm. Sigman. He's the king in this state, and all the above members need to +1 him the next post he makes.

• Like 1