blksheep

What is everyones favorite....

That's what my old man does. Buys a beautiful 44 mag revolver and then throws on a rediculous scope. Hey, whatever floats your boat.

I like irons myself, but I will keep my options open for when my eyes start going, actually I have been thinking of putting something on my Walther P22 just because I have something to put on it and the only cost will be the mount. Not sure if I'll really use it, but I can see letting my Daughter and Wife use it and maybe get them into shooting Steel with me. Think it might give them more confidence and easier for them, not when they start beating me, well then they are done, back to the Iron's... :blink:

That's what my old man does. Buys a beautiful 44 mag revolver and then throws on a rediculous scope. Hey, whatever floats your boat.

Ray, not all my .44's are so encumbered (and I may actually be older than your "old man" - keep that in mind)...

Model 29-2

23sd4rn.jpg

Model 624

jtxiqt.jpg

• Like 2

Ray, you'll be over 40 like Harry and myself one day and you'll see what happens at that wonderful age.

Bob, I'm going to "ruin" one of my cheapo police trade-in S&W's and put a red dot on it. I am more accurate throwing that gun than shooting it!

In my extremely short experience so far with firearms in general I would have to say my HK P30. Take this with a grain of salt of course as the only other firearms I have fired any sort of signifigant number of rounds out of are both Glocks.

Did you really just ask to pick one gun? Um.... I really can't.

Define the situation...

Are we going into 2012/Zombie/Come Hang the Banker? - EAA Tanfoglio/Witness 40 S&W with as big of a basepad I can find for the mags and as many mags as I can get. Close second is SVI/STI 2011 with as big of a big stick as I can find.

Guns being abolished? Colt Python/King Cobra

1. PPQ

2. P226

3. Ed Brown Kobra Carry Lightweight

I know that the $3k firearm is my least favourite, but whether it is home defense or just picking a gun to take to the range the PPQ wins hands down. The P226 is very very nice, just not set up for home defense, hence it is number 2.

TheWombat

How about favorite if you could only carry/use/own one handgun...

That changes the whole question. My one handgun would be a stainless 4" 357, GP100 or L frame S&W.

Best all around 9mm is the G19.

For everyday carry I use a 2 1/2" model 66.

Best combat handgun 1911.

Different favorites for different uses. The list can go on.