SoCalTrojanSoldier

Wierd sound at 1:00 am last night

Maybe the guboner had mexican for dinner...

Now that made me snort soda through my nose....LOL

Seriously though, this is certainly interesting and much more so considering that several of our own forum members have heard this noise first hand. The unknown is always a bit scary and honestly, it was just a bit to me. Yet one of my 20s daughters blew it right off as a hoax. Go figure..

I first heard about these strange sounds not too long after the Tampa Bay/Detroit game was played, then it really started to go viral. Notice the announcers commenting on the sound. Some of the comments on You Tube said it was connected to the East Coast Quake. I can't say either way, but the announcers comments gave this thing credibility .....it was on TV live.

http://youtu.be/jLXrw2iZ99Y

So wwhat does that say that the sounds have been supposedly heard all around the world? The big one is coming? Maybe time for Yosemite to erupt and the westen 1/3 of the US to fall into the ocean... Sure it's far fetched but quite possible to happen someday.

So wwhat does that say that the sounds have been supposedly heard all around the world? The big one is coming? Maybe time for Yosemite to erupt and the westen 1/3 of the US to fall into the ocean... Sure it's far fetched but quite possible to happen someday.

Question of when, not If. I'm surprised there's no way to vent it, or something. I think that an expensive project to try and avert that would be money better spent than on some of the stuff the government spends money on.

Question of when, not If. I'm surprised there's no way to vent it, or something. I think that an expensive project to try and avert that would be money better spent than on some of the stuff the government spends money on.

The Government couldn't extinguish an underground coal fire that is still burning today (since 1962) and has forced the relocation of an entire town. (Centralia, PA)

Remember, we're talking about OUR U.S. Government here, the idiots who spend $1000 for a $29 true temper shovel and then jamb it right up our azz.

My guesses

1. Atmospheric disturbance due to rapid (historically speaking) changes to earth's magnetic field caused by oncoming polarity reversal.

2. Atmospheric disturbance caused by gov't - HAARP, etc.

3. Aliens giving the "all clear" signal to their brethren who are parked on the outer edges of our galaxy waiting to attack.

Boy, I should have kept my mouth shut if I knew people were going to start making fun and calling BS. I never said anything about what I heard being supernatural or paranormal... I just said I heard some strange constant noise when I was outside for a few minutes last night. I don't know what it was and I thought it was strange, but I forgot about it until I saw the OP's post about it and thought "What a coincidence... maybe this has somethign to do with what I heard outside last night" I'm sure that what I heard last night had a rational explanation, but what that explanation is, I have absolutely no idea.

I heard it in Ewing about the same time. Sometimes at night I can hear planes taxying at Mercer County airport, trains in W. Trenton and traffic on I95. It was none of those. I thought the best explaination I could theorize was an echo from I95. ????????????? I only listened for a minute. It definately happened. The sound, although unknown was not BS. It was there.

You know, I used to be an adventurer like you, until I took an arrow in the knee.

How south are you talking about, cause down here in Salem County we have all kinds of things that can make noise like that.

Dude.. Did you really just make a Skyrim reference lol...

I heard it in Ewing about the same time. Sometimes at night I can hear planes taxying at Mercer County airport, trains in W. Trenton and traffic on I95. It was none of those. I thought the best explaination I could theorize was an echo from I95. ????????????? I only listened for a minute. It definately happened. The sound, although unknown was not BS. It was there.

Glad to hear that the OP and I were not the only ones! Thanks for stepping up to say something.

I first heard about these strange sounds not too long after the Tampa Bay/Detroit game was played, then it really started to go viral. Notice the announcers commenting on the sound. Some of the comments on You Tube said it was connected to the East Coast Quake. I can't say either way, but the announcers comments gave this thing credibility .....it was on TV live.

http://youtu.be/jLXrw2iZ99Y

This sounds like what the hallways of my building sound like on a really windy day. I live in an old prewar building and when it's windy the halls sound just like that.

Browns Mills is butted up against the base and I hear strange noises all the time. So often that I don't even pay attention to them anymore. There have been some VERY low flying helocopters buzzing around in recent months that werent there before a half a year ago.

thread veer.....

"You see those warriors in Hammerfall? They've got curved swords. Curved. Swords."

You've got it all wrong. It's warriors FROM Hammerfell, and it's hammerfell, not hammerfall :). Maybe you're confusing it with Daggerfall, the second in the Elder Scrolls games. Yes, I've played all of them. heh.

You've got it all wrong. It's warriors FROM Hammerfell, and it's hammerfell, not hammerfall :). Maybe you're confusing it with Daggerfall, the second in the Elder Scrolls games. Yes, I've played all of them. heh.

Let me guess... Someone stole your sweetroll...

I'm not very informed on NJ geography sadly. Are you guys near a fault line?

I think NJ sits on or very close to a semi active fault line. The only reason you don't hear about it is because it never goes off. Except for a couple recent tremors, but other than that its remained pretty much still which is a bit worrying.

Simple explanation for the noise, some one was summoning a Daedric Prince.

The base ball game one sounds like it’s just the wind blowing through or around a building. As or the one posted by SoCalTrojanSoldier I could not really here it to be sure. If it was the sound I thought I might have heard than I'd say it was the wind blowing over something that creates that sound. When going into work on some windy days if the wind is blowing from the right angle the security fence makes a low toned whistling type of sound.

Well, Governor Sandwiches was at Drumthwaket last night.

But seriously, I don't like the sound of this. It sounds like you guys are becoming part of The Humm. Keep that crap on your side of the river. All kinds of people in Russia and former Soviet states been complaining about that crap for years.

thread veer.....

"You see those warriors in Hammerfall? They've got curved swords. Curved. Swords."

Never thought I'd see a skyrim joke on here. /b, Funnyjunk, etc. I'm never surprised, but NJGF? Didn't think there'd be any /btards here. haha.

Well, Governor Sandwiches was at Drumthwaket last night.

But seriously, I don't like the sound of this. It sounds like you guys are becoming part of The Humm. Keep that crap on your side of the river. All kinds of people in Russia and former Soviet states been complaining about that crap for years.

Wait, what's the Humm?

By the way... I have been meaning to post this as the discussion the other day in around the water cooler was this article concerning the closing of a runway at Tampa Int Airport because of a shift in the magnetic pole confusing the runway numbering system.

http://www.ibtimes.c...omsday-talk.htm

And just to add some wood to the fire....

http://www.ngdc.noaa...eticPoles.shtml

Then this was raised in a recent email digest. Lifted from an article in the The London Times this past summer.

Earth’s magnetic field, long thought to be generated by molten metals swirling around its core, may instead be linked to ocean currents, according to controversial new research published this week. It suggests that the movements of such volumes of salt water around the world have been seriously underestimated by scientists as a source of magnetism. If proven, the research would revolutionise geophysics, the study of the Earth’s physical properties and behaviour, in which the idea that magnetism originates in a molten core is a central tenet. The salt in seawater allows it to conduct electricity, meaning it generates electrical and magnetic fields as it moves.Scientists have always linked variation with turbulence in the outer core, but Ryskin suggests it actually correlates with changes in ocean circulation. In the north Atlantic, for example, changes in the strength of currents were matched by sharp changes in magnetic fields.

One idea is that changes in ocean circulation may explain the curious reversals shown by Earth’s magnetic field, in which the north and south magnetic poles suddenly flip over. This last happened 780,000 years ago. This could also be linked to tectonic plate movements that have shifted the world’s land masses around the globe, forcing ocean currents to adopt entirely new routes. If right, then climate change, predicted to alter the strength and course of ocean currents, could also alter the planet’s magnetic field. Other physicists have been quick to recognise its implications. Raymond Shaw, professor of atmospheric physics at Michigan Technological University, said it could make “the ruling paradigm of geophysics irrelevant”.

I say somebody better be watching what the whales and dolphins are doing.