67gtonut

Shipping Ebay stuff Worldwide???

So I am selling my Matchbox cars on Ebay.....

I have it listed to ship only in the USA.....

But I am getting quite a few inquiries from all over the world to ship. I have never done that. Is there anything I need to watch out for? I will still be getting paid via PayPal, so that shouldnt be a concern.... What shipper is best for shipping in this case?

All advice appreciated.....

Thank you

Troy, my wife has a photography shop on etsy.com and she ships photos internationally all the time. She uses the post office and just fills out a separate form for customs, available there. Most of her stuff doesn't weigh that much though, so i'm not sure what kind of rate it would be. She's shipped as far as Australia, and it hasn't taken more than a week or so to get there, Canada actually takes longer. Good luck.

so where's the listing? i think finding a US based buyer who will match whatever price is offered would be plausible. ;)

Having said that, I think if you go to a UPS store theyll be able to do everything for you, including boxing it and sending it.

No there's also extra paperwork (customs forms) and sometimes extra fees involved too, depending on the Country of destination. I normally would charge $5 extra for all the extra trouble and paperwork alone. Best thing to do is pay a visit to a post office and ask them or go on line and visit www.usps.com and read about international shipping. You also need to put down a declared value and many "buyers" ask you to declare the item is a gift so they don't have to pay import taxes and duties but that is illegal from your end.

https://www.usps.com/ship/prepare-international-shipments.htm?

Personally, I'd tell them to pound salt.

I had a couple auctions go to overseas buyers and right out of the gate, they wanted it shipped to an address different than their paypal registered address. Neither address was paypal verified. I stuck to my guns. One guy got his paypal verified to a Florida address and I shipped it there and there were no problems. The other guy kept trying to get me to ship it and I wouldn't so I ultimately canceled the auction after about a month of non-payment.

I never seem to get bidders in Germany or England or France, where it's trackable. It always seems to be people in the Czech republic, or some other easter European place where I'm shipping into a black hole. I just won't do it. Read the ebay forums. Not everyone gets screwed, but certainly enough do. You are not only out your product, but you are out the extra shipping cost, time and effort.

I've got all the options changed so they shouldn't be bidding, but somehow these aholes put in a USA address, bid and then want it shipped to: "City of Gypsie thieves, 3rd bush on the left, Romania"

• Like 1

Place I work at has shipped a few used cameras to China through ebay transactions, most of these items are worth less than $100. Nearly every item we have shipped to China has resulted in a claim or complaint against us. One buyer claimed the camera arrived damaged, which is plausible enough (despite the way we pack things), but demanded we refund his money or pay $40 to ship it back (on top of what it cost us to ship it out), or we would get negative feedback. All this, for an item we sold for $45... I wish I could say it was a single instance of this, but sadly it is not. It seems almost commonplace from our transactions with certain countries.

You have to fill out extra paperwork, shipping costs more, there is probably no way of tracking your package, and you really have a lot less options open if/when something goes wrong. Paypal tends to side with the buyer, almost no matter what you say or can prove...and with foreign transactions, you probably can't prove a thing... With all the extra work/time/potential issues involved, I say do not risk it.

You might want to still ship but not take paypal (require the money to be wired to your account or send a bank check from a US bank) or limit it to western Europe, Canada, Australia and Japan. I've sold model train goods, and Matchbox is similar, there are some fanatical collectors in some of these affluent countries, who are willing to pay anything if you have something rare. As others have said, be leery of buyers in eastern Europe and third world countries, they don't have the money to buy collectibles, they're probably just looking to scam you.

Hey i've sold on EBAY for Years, jewelry, collectible toys, electronics etc. I wouldn't mind shipping to an international seller as long as i am paid via PayPal and the shipping is covered 100% by the buyer. The only place I refuse to ship to is Nigeria.

I've been selling on EBay for well over 10 years. I leave it as USA only but if they ask, I almost always reconsider. It has to be delivered to the registered PayPal address with no exceptions. I charge extra for the delivery (depending on weight and country) and ship it in a larger box and fill the box with more styrofoam peanuts. I have seen boxes crushed and returned, but still intact, on a shipment to Saudi Arabia for an incorrect address the buyer gave. The only negative is First Class Mail can't be tracked and Priority is very expensive. I do explain to the buyer it can take up to 2 months to arrive, especially if it gets caught in customs and there could be other charges their country may impose.

I've had no problems at all shipping overseas and I've shipped to countrys I've never heard of (East Timor, really??? I had to look it up). I do exclude countries that are hostile with us or I'm unsure of like Iran, Syria and China.

Your best bet with international orders is to accept checks and wait for them to clear... Worst case scenario u get negative feedback, but at least u don't get scammed. Just make sure you document the shipping, and u can open a case with ebay to have it removed.

I know tons of places that refuse to ship to Italy because of the terrible customs service they have.

I do alot of business with antique BMW motorcycle parts from Europe mostly (Germany,Poland,Austria,Greece). I mostly recieve packages instead of sending. The best thing is if it for a large amount make sure it needs to be signed for and is insured. Paypal is pretty good as long as it was a sale via ebay. The best and cheapest shipper on our end would be the post office and the same from Europe. Keep in mind shipping times, I had a package shipped airmail from Poland in 4 days and recently had a motorcycle crank shipped from Austria post airmail take 5 weeks and it sat in the US somewhere for 3 weeks once it passed customs.

I am going to stick to my first instinct and keep it domestic

Thanks for the opinions guys

Troy only time i would ship overseas is when i knew the person like we know some on this forum..

I belong to a car forum where guy's here will ship over seas but have a good rapport with that person..