Texas Shooter

GFH Radio: Thugs following you home from the range

For me, this lost all credability when I read this part. I don't believe they'd ever work together. Maybe one or two from each group do a side job together or something, but as organizations as a whole...................... I just don't see it happening.

If the price of gas goes up anymore they will have to carpool to do a drive-by.. :icon_mrgreen:

• Like 1

There not going to confront you. They want to see where you live, so when your not home they can go in and get your guns.

he sleeps with his eye's open and his 3 roomates rotate shifts so that 2 fully armed dudes are waiting for you

Good point on going to the police station if being followed. This is great advice for anyone, not just someone coming from the range. It seems like common sense, but may not be obvious when in a scary situation. Will mention this to my gf...

I don't know about getting followed from a range, but this seems like one very good reason NOT to have firearm related stickers on your car. Why advertise to a thief that you have valuable stuff in your house?

That's why I drive a Subaru. No one would ever look for guns in a Subaru. :lol

• Like 1

You're giving them too much credit

I'm really surprise by that. I'd think that ranks, territory rights and control of power would keep them from every having a joint-venture of any sort.

You're giving them too much credit

• Like 1

Good point on going to the police station if being followed. This is great advice for anyone, not just someone coming from the range. It seems like common sense, but may not be obvious when in a scary situation. Will mention this to my gf...

Uless you pulled up to the PD in Kearny, where the front door is always locked. Why do they have the front door locked? Aren't they the cops?

Disturbing and yet, has there been any reported instances of a vehicle or Home broken into,or even a car jacking after being followed from the range?I don't mean to make light of a potentially dangerous circumstance but it would seem to me that anyone with even a bit of sense would choose a unoccupied house or car to rob for firearms after being identified as such as opposed to the alternative....No?....and in the case of NJ, an unoccupied vehicle,even less so.

For me, this lost all credability when I read this part. I don't believe they'd ever work together. Maybe one or two from each group do a side job together or something, but as organizations as a whole...................... I just don't see it happening.

Both issues are addressed in the radio show. Regarding quote 1 above: The police are being directed to report home invasions (for instance) as merely burglaries. It "looks" better on things like compstat...

Regarding quote 2 above: The mobs used to fight each other tooth and nail too until they realized they all could get further if they pooled their efforts and resources.

Really folks, the shittums are upon us and you're running around saying "Nah, it's not happening, I can't believe that..." Whatever - go about in your condition white existence...

edited to fix quote #2

For those that get the Outdoor Channel, they have a show called The Best Defense that did an episode on this topic.

http://www.downrange...wed-home/12815/ - the available video clip unfortunately only shows the "bad part" and not any tips to help prevent a bad situation.

Past episodes are somewhat hard to find, but they occasionally repeat episodes after the season is done.

In case anyone is interested, the episode I was referring to above, "Woman & Child Followed Home", is being replayed today at 7pm, 11:30pm and 3:30am.

You don't even have to go to the station. Call 911 and they can catch them in the act. Even better.

i dont know where you live, but anywhere around me if i called the police and said someone is following me, theyd tell me to pull over, then three hours after i was already shot to death and probably my vehicle and everything in it was gone, they MAY respond.

Not in my town. Call the police and one will be there in 30 seconds, no-kidding. Then the rest show-up since there is never anything happening here except for the Mexicans fighting with each-other when they come out of the Latino bars.

my town literally will have every officer thats on duty respond to a traffic stop, but when you need them for a suspicion, forget about it. they have nothing to do in stafford township, but they're very selective. corrupt department too. very sad.

If you think your being followed, drive around in circles, do NOT go home. Drive to the police station, fire house, where ever.. just not home.

Exactly, I would just drive right to the police department, and call on the way and tell them I was coming.

I would like for them to try to keep up with a sports car taking corners at about 80mphs. But on more of a serious note, if I do see any one following me, I will never go straight home, nor would I even go to my town. I would just go in circles until they get tired or run out of gas. Its not like cops will do anything since they are not threatening you or harming you.

well you could also say it looked like one of them has a handgun, maybe that will give them initiative to go do something about it, and if they dont have a gun, oops...worth a shot. not like you'll get in trouble considering you "though" you saw a gun