Regulator72

NJ Officers find 330 weapons in mans home

Moral of story, be wary of what 'friends' you let live with you.
Paul... this is family. Do I now have to turn family away from staying with me because I have firearms. Have we become so so suspicious of tyrany here in NJ that we have to turn on our own blood. This is beyond ridiculous. Here is the situation that bothers me. My SIL left her husband a few years ago. She came to live with us for 6 mos. If he, my ex BIL filed a TRO, I would have lost my firearms because I did the right thing and let my SIL into my home instead of making her go to a flophouse or spend money she did not have on a apartment. And since TROs are given out like friggin halloween candy in this state, I thank god my BIL was sensible and the split was amicable. Troubling to say the least.

Sucks more than that if I am reading it right. The collection wasn't taken form the guy with the TRO, it was taken from the owner who was a relative unfortunate enough to be cohabitating with the person with the TRO. The owner didn't even do anything and got all his stuff stolen by the cops.

Major suckage.

He should be able to get them all back as long as they are legal to own.. do not see any charges filed in the article towards the firearms owner..

Action should also be taken on the poor reporting of the article..

Sheriff Ralph Froelich said that neither man has been arrested on charges related to the weapons, but the serial numbers will be checked to make sure the weapons are owned legally.

I'm curious...in this situation, what right do the police have to run the serial numbers of those firearms? The "owner" isn't under suspicion of having committed a crime. Could the cops come into anyone's home and run the serial numbers of the guns there without a warrant? No, so how is this any different?

• Like 1

Restraining order are stupid. Like a piece of paper ever kept someone from hurting someone else.

Exactly. But when has rational thought and reasoning ever been used when it comes to things like this? It's been a couple hundred years I think. :(

He should be able to get them all back as long as they are legal to own.. do not see any charges filed in the article towards the firearms owner..

Action should also be taken on the poor reporting of the article..

Yeah, but as always, and in all 50 states, the question is will they all come back, and if so what condition will they be in.

would like to know the break down - how many kitchen knives, how many hammers, letter openers, screw drivers, tire irons, baseball bats, blunt objects, and actual firearms. Any thing ilegal should be constantly looked after. Any agenda motivation should come with obstruction of justice at minimum.

Pretty scary stuff. What happens when you get in a heated debate with someone that knows you own firearms, or they decide they just don't like you. A quick call to the police by a stranger and now you have all this attention just because you own a firearm or firearms.

330 "weapons" this guy owned, does it matter? How many hands does this guy have? Wouldn't worry about the 330 "weapons", I would worry about where he's hiding his other 328 hands to carry them all and truly be a threat. So sad the ignorance of society.

Pretty scary stuff. What happens when you get in a heated debate with someone that knows you own firearms, or they decide they just don't like you. A quick call to the police by a stranger and now you have all this attention just because you own a firearm or firearms.

If that concerns you, we certainly have examples of people right here on this forum that would probably do just that.

You aint in Texas anymore.

If that concerns you, we certainly have examples of people right here on this forum that would probably do just that.

Unfortunately, I agree

Starting to realize the hard truth on that. And all this time I have been trying to fit in and sound cool. Just to clairify - I just like firearms although I can't afford any.