Shawnmoore81

Well I hope he learned

I remember bashing a toy tank with a ten pound sledge hammer cause my 8 year old lied to me. That was more than 14 years ago!

Fast forward 8 years from the incident and he made Eagle Scout, with his HS Principal giving him a $50 Home Depot gift card at his Court of Honor.

Today, he's an Engineer in Iowa making his own way in the world. His Mother & I are VERY proud of him!

That toy that was destroyed was the best investment I ever made!

Your Kid will learn that bullying isn't worth the trouble. And he'll be a better person for learning how to walk to where he has to go, until he earns the money for a new bike! He'll turn-out fine!

Hats-off to you Shawn! Not all Dads would let the world know that their Kid was a bully. It shows that you're not going to put up with BS now OR when he hits teenager-time!

Dave

The Tank Destroyer

• Like 1

The kid is a friend of mines son that I hang out with on a regular basis. Josh has played with this kid many times, is in an archery league with him and they always have a blast together. Today he had that kid and a kid from scouts over. I didn't realize the kid from scouts was kicked out of the school my mother inlaw works at for being a punk. The 2 of them decided to gang up and pick on my friends son. I gave the "whatever you guys are doing knock it off" warning once. It continued. Once everyone left I gave josh one hell of a bullying scare and cut his bike in half. He can think about it all summer while he is walking. Be a leader and do the right thing or be a follower and a loser.

Of course that other kid will not be back over and josh won't be back over his house. Hopefully josh wasn't such a dick to my friends son that he won't be invited over there anymore.

I'm one of those parents that sees that preteen age punk additude and wants to just smack em. I will not have it in my house. I don't care if I go through 100 saw blades and the kid doesn't have a toy left and never sees the light of day again. I will break that additude or Milton Hersey academy will.

• Like 2

I agree with you about the attitude of todays teens. If I acted like that I would have been smacked and rightfully so. Hopefully you nipped it in the bud early enough. You should mount the bike on the wall of his room as a daily reminder

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

The kid is a friend of mines son that I hang out with on a regular basis. Josh has played with this kid many times, is in an archery league with him and they always have a blast together. Today he had that kid and a kid from scouts over. I didn't realize the kid from scouts was kicked out of the school my mother inlaw works at for being a punk. The 2 of them decided to gang up and pick on my friends son. I gave the "whatever you guys are doing knock it off" warning once. It continued. Once everyone left I gave josh one hell of a bullying scare and cut his bike in half. He can think about it all summer while he is walking. Be a leader and do the right thing or be a follower and a loser.

Of course that other kid will not be back over and josh won't be back over his house. Hopefully josh wasn't such a dick to my friends son that he won't be invited over there anymore.

I'm one of those parents that sees that preteen age punk additude and wants to just smack em. I will not have it in my house. I don't care if I go through 100 saw blades and the kid doesn't have a toy left and never sees the light of day again. I will break that additude or Milton Hersey academy will.

Way to keep the kid on the right track man. It'll work out better in the end. Trust me. I know from first hand experience (the one being bullied/constantly made fun of when younger). I stuck it out, ignored it, and now live a good and happy life where I play ice hockey :nhl:, shoot guns, and have a fiancee that loves me more than anything.

I LOLed at the cutting the bike in half cause it's definitely something I could see my mom and dad doing when I actually DID screw around. And since I didn't grow up with a lot of money, I knew I wouldn't be getting that back for a while.

Good to see a father caring about this stuff . I have seen plenty get a kick out of their sons being a bully.

Have you talked to your friend about it ? It can be a sticky situation. Has he apologized to the other boy? I am in a bit of a similar situation , other side of it. My best friend's 5 year old pushes my 5 year old around . They are girls , so it is more nasty cutting remarks and demeaning BS rather than physical. My friend's daughter is also a bit advanced in the trying to look like a sexpot department. She watches teen shows already and wears her clothes and moves her body in a way that IMO no 5 year old girl should. She pokes fun at my daughter and ridicules her for still liking 5 year old stuff . My daughter wants to dress up like snow white , my friends daughter wants to pretend to be one of the Kardashians.

Anyway , I have not talked to my friend about it yet because it can be awkward awkward awkward...women get real real defensive when you have to intimate that their daughter is a sex charged bully.

Hmm... I like that idea, however I would have just sold the bike, may as well get a little money and treat yourself for some A+ parenting.

I feel like seeing the bike physically destroyed sends a more long-lasting message.

Good to see a father caring about this stuff . I have seen plenty get a kick out of their sons being a bully.

Have you talked to your friend about it ? It can be a sticky situation. Has he apologized to the other boy? I am in a bit of a similar situation , other side of it. My best friend's 5 year old pushes my 5 year old around . They are girls , so it is more nasty cutting remarks and demeaning BS rather than physical. My friend's daughter is also a bit advanced in the trying to look like a sexpot department. She watches teen shows already and wears her clothes and moves her body in a way that IMO no 5 year old girl should. She pokes fun at my daughter and ridicules her for still liking 5 year old stuff . My daughter wants to dress up like snow white , my friends daughter wants to pretend to be one of the Kardashians.

Anyway , I have not talked to my friend about it yet because it can be awkward awkward awkward...women get real real defensive when you have to intimate that their daughter is a sex charged bully.

When your friends daughter is pregnant in 8th grade you'll get the last laugh. You have to let kids be kids. If that dad doesn't see what's happening maybe not having the kids around each other is a good idea. I have certain friends I don't want to have their kids around because I see them as a problem. I give my kids whatever they want as long as they act right. My 10 year old is on his 2nd gas powered quad, has his own guns, a 32" flat screen on his wall with cable and video games, a cell phone and goes to private school. All that can quickly come to an end if he decides to be an idiot. I reward good behavior and punish bad. Certain behaviors I have no tolerance for. As long as you show people respect, show me you are trying your best in school no matter what the grade is, help out around the house, dont talk like your from the ghetto and my biggest pet peeve with kids is behaving in public. I can't stand people who's kids are unruly in resturaunts, stores and other places like that. Those are the kids who end up dropping out of school and go to jail because they have no dicipline in their lives.

Yep , we have similar parenting views :)

My little brother in his teens ( I'm 12 years older ) became quite the Graffiti artist. Grounded him for life , did no good. I had a talk with him about respecting others property and he went off on this koolaid rant about freedom of expression , that is his art type thing. One day while he was at school I took spray paint and grafitti'd his entire room in Strawberry Shortcake motif , did a Madonna rulzzzz on the wall over his bed , sharpied all his belongings with sayings about valuing education . Used sharpie all over his book bag , put things like :" I love New Kids On The Block" all over it , spray painted his denim coat pink. Got to his skateboard too.

He threw such a fit I thought he was going to need meds . His mother was super pissed at me ( we have the same dad) ..but after she calmed down we all talked and decided he would not get new things , that he would have to paint over and clean all his stuff himself...the same way those property owners had to do if they did not like his "art" that he put all over their stuff.

I told him anytime he grafittied someone's stuff , it would happen again , and again.

After that he stuck to doing stuff with permission only . I did notice his mother not asking for my help as much after that. He always had enablers in the form of mom and other sister..and it shows in the "man" he has become today , unfortunately :/