deni

M&P9 'Shield' image leaked

http://www.thetruthaboutguns.com/2012/04/ryan-finn/new-mp-9-shield-photo-leaked/

MP-9-Shield-courtesy-reddit.com_1.jpg

Pulled from TTAG

A photo of Smith and Wesson’s new M&P Shield that’s set to be announced on April 12th was leaked to the Internet yesterday. This particular one was found on Reddit. It appears to be smaller than the M&P9c and has an extended magazine as well as an external safety. I’m willing to bet that S&W is jumping on the plastic fantastic single stack 9mm train along with Ruger, Beretta and Kel Tec. With the concealed carry masses flocking to these types of pistols and the reputation the M&P has, this is no doubt a smart move for the Massachusetts gunmaker.

I don't know why Glock hasn't made a single stack 9mm... hubris?

The only thing I can think of is that Glock just makes too much money making double-stack 9mm guns. Think of it like Ford making all of those Explorers in the late 90's and early 2000's. Ford just pumped out these SUVs and didn't give a damn about making small cars because the SUVs were so popular.

Maybe Glock just figures that they will be popular whether they make a single-stack gun or not.

And maybe S&W and Beretta are going to eat their lunch?

Really hard to tell from the pic alone

But I think its curves and resemblance to its full sized predecessors are what's throwing us all off.

Plus it's pictured with the grip extension.

I <3 reddit.. always bringing the goods to the interwebz.

gotta love reddit!

Really hard to tell from the pic alone

But I think its curves and resemblance to its full sized predecessors are what's throwing us all off.

Plus it's pictured with the grip extension.

I think you hit it on the head. Its hard to tell the size, who knows what how big that persons hands are. Plus the grip extension is large.

I might have to sell my CM9 for this puppy :)

Now if the Austrian A$$holes got on board....

Not for noothing but it's a platform I'm familiar with and I buy them cheap.

I just wonder what the response would be if the G36 did not exist and

then they launched it around this time during the single stack craze.

I would like to see a slimmed down 26 as well though.

gotta love reddit!

I think you hit it on the head. Its hard to tell the size, who knows what how big that persons hands are. Plus the grip extension is large.

I might have to sell my CM9 for this puppy :)

why?

why?

B/c my full size go to pistol is an M&P, so why not have my sub-compact the same?

I didnt say definitely, but its certainly a possibility... I also dont really care for the CM9 sights, i mean they arent bad, but i certainly prefer 3 dot...

Its not there in any other pictures on their website. Prototype maybe, with a bit of steel welded on? Guessing on the first few they just cut down a normal slide and needed a retaining plate for the guide rod.

Also MSRP $449 so I'm guessing $399 actual price once the initial madness quiets down. I kinda dig it.