BlueLineFish

This Sunday at OB

Nick if it was a .45 I could hook you up. Harry i'm good for this one but then i've got to get busy.

I went and reloaded for an hour and 15 minutes and just did just over 800 rounds, now to double check OAL's and case gage them all while I watch TV tonight, wish I could get my wife and kid into helping with this part of it... :(

I went and reloaded for an hour and 15 minutes and just did just over 800 rounds, now to double check OAL's and case gage them all while I watch TV tonight, wish I could get my wife and kid into helping with this part of it... :(

Harry I kinda have a system for doing this.

I load until the low primer warning goes off, refill the primers then case gauge the loaded rounds, load again until low primers and repeat. Might not be the fastest way, but it keeps me from having to case gauge all those rounds at once, plus i'm checking my set up more frequently for quality control.

Harry I kinda have a system for doing this.

I load until the low primer warning goes off, refill the primers then case gauge the loaded rounds, load again until low primers and repeat. Might not be the fastest way, but it keeps me from having to case gauge all those rounds at once, plus i'm checking my set up more frequently for quality control.

I'll tell ya, I changed the way I mount the tool head and it's doe with the kit that uses helicoils and screws. I will say, I am +/- .001 maybe the occasional +/- .002 now so I am only case gage random rounds now and case gage all. I find I like to just keep cranking them out do it later, I don't like doing other stuff while cranking out rounds, but don't mind when checking them later.

Damn, if it's 150 steel plates for the knock-down event then all I'll need is about 160 rounds. You guys need to start aiming.

Quoted for truth...

But... I'm still not going to aim. :notme:

Huh, the WCS site says that they have a rimfire rifle division...

I might have to try that too.

Knockdown steel

Knockdown steel involves shooting large arrays of falling steel targets or various sizes in various arrangements as fast as you can. Shooting is from a fixed position behind a table on which all ammo, magazines, speedloaders, etc. may be placed; no special magazine holders or holster are needed to participate. Entry fees are $10 for Old Bridge members and $20 for everyone else forEACH match. The fees are higher because the monthly league match has a cash payout. Unlike static steel, the knockdown steel format is also shot with shotgun or pistol caliber carbine. Monthly league matches are presented on the first Sunday of each month from March to November. Once a year, on the first weekend of October, we present World Class Steel: Fields of Steel which is our large annual knockdown steel event.

The monthly match begins at 9:00 a.m. and lasts until about 1pm, and consists of approximately 105 reactive targets distributed among four stages with each stage containing from 25 to 30 targets. Each target is calibrated so that it will fall with the minimum force of a 9mm bullet strike. Pistol, shotgun, and pistol caliber carbine are all shot during the same match.

Cash prizes based on order of finish in each of four gun divisions are awarded using the Lewis System, a system designed so that, in addition to the topmost finishers, cash prizes are awarded also to shooters who finish in the second and bottom third rank. Prizes are awarded in each of the four gun divisions. For the pistol match, the divisions are Pistol Iron, Pistol Optics, Revolver Iron, and Revolver Optics. For the shotgun match, the divisions are Pump, Limited Auto, Open, and Rimfire Rifle.

Each of these matches is fast-moving and they have proven to be quite popular, so come on out on the first Sunday of each month, March to November, you'll have lots of fun!

Huh, the WCS site says that they have a rimfire rifle division...

I might have to try that too.

Knockdown steel

Knockdown steel involves shooting large arrays of falling steel targets or various sizes in various arrangements as fast as you can. Shooting is from a fixed position behind a table on which all ammo, magazines, speedloaders, etc. may be placed; no special magazine holders or holster are needed to participate. Entry fees are $10 for Old Bridge members and $20 for everyone else forEACH match. The fees are higher because the monthly league match has a cash payout. Unlike static steel, the knockdown steel format is also shot with shotgun or pistol caliber carbine. Monthly league matches are presented on the first Sunday of each month from March to November. Once a year, on the first weekend of October, we present World Class Steel: Fields of Steel which is our large annual knockdown steel event.

The monthly match begins at 9:00 a.m. and lasts until about 1pm, and consists of approximately 105 reactive targets distributed among four stages with each stage containing from 25 to 30 targets. Each target is calibrated so that it will fall with the minimum force of a 9mm bullet strike. Pistol, shotgun, and pistol caliber carbine are all shot during the same match.

Cash prizes based on order of finish in each of four gun divisions are awarded using the Lewis System, a system designed so that, in addition to the topmost finishers, cash prizes are awarded also to shooters who finish in the second and bottom third rank. Prizes are awarded in each of the four gun divisions. For the pistol match, the divisions are Pistol Iron, Pistol Optics, Revolver Iron, and Revolver Optics. For the shotgun match, the divisions are Pump, Limited Auto, Open, and Rimfire Rifle.

Each of these matches is fast-moving and they have proven to be quite popular, so come on out on the first Sunday of each month, March to November, you'll have lots of fun!

Sunday is Static Steel, thats where you have a rim-fire division, Knockdown a rim-fire would not work, so don't bring a rim-fire on Saturday, but bring it on Sunday. Think you are getting confused with 2 days of steel this weekend.. lol

Sunday is Static Steel, thats where you have a rim-fire division, Knockdown a rim-fire would not work, so don't bring a rim-fire on Saturday, but bring it on Sunday. Think you are getting confused with 2 days of steel this weekend.. lol

I dunno about that Harry. That blurb was taken from their Knockdown Steel description.

And a quick look at the match results from last November shows a rimfire carbine division.

http://www.worldclasssteel.com/dnn/LinkClick.aspx?fileticket=tR7MSiqtJvw%3d&tabid=125&mid=472

My wifes 9mm had a tough time knocking down steel last year with 115 grain ammo. I can't see how a .22LR out of a rifle will knock the steel down. Maybe shots high on the steel, but middle and low, good luck!

I don't know if it was Rich that was shooting a .410 shotgun, but whoever it was gave-up, the little .410 rounds wouldn't knock enough down.

I see that we actually have three different types of steel events at OB. Knockdown, Static, and Action. Anyone have a good description of the Action Steel? Sounds like a run and gun type event unlike the Static Steel which is a stationary event.

My wifes 9mm had a tough time knocking down steel last year with 115 grain ammo. I can't see how a .22LR out of a rifle will knock the steel down. Maybe shots high on the steel, but middle and low, good luck!

I don't know if it was Rich that was shooting a .410 shotgun, but whoever it was gave-up, the little .410 rounds wouldn't knock enough down.

I see that we actually have three different types of steel events at OB. Knockdown, Static, and Action. Anyone have a good description of the Action Steel? Sounds like a run and gun type event unlike the Static Steel which is a stationary event.

I was just looking at the scores from the last event. Rich Skolsky is a fantastic carbine shooter and his rimfire times were twice as long as his centerfire. Tells me he had to REALLY pound that steel to make it fall. I'll just stick with the 9mm.

There is a fella that shoots a .22LR rifle, forgot the model, looks like an AR, he does put multiple shots towards the top of the larger plates to get them to fall. I had to do that with the 9mm and whimpy ammo.

Smokin 50, how you doing? Will we see you Friday night?

There is a fella that shoots a .22LR rifle, forgot the model, looks like an AR, he does put multiple shots towards the top of the larger plates to get them to fall. I had to do that with the 9mm and whimpy ammo.

Smokin 50, how you doing? Will we see you Friday night?

I have every intention of being there to watch you guys have some fun! And of course run the registration.

Feeling alot better!

got an email about knock down today.. looks like its a minimum round count of 175.. not to bad.. gonna do my taxes now and how that goes determines whether i shoot or watch.

That Email was about Saturdays match, that's the Action Steel (AKA Knockdown Steel). Sundays Match is the Static Steel Match. Get a good return and do both.. :)