johnp

Luciano's-Lodi/West Paterson

I went down there and I can't wait until they open the range. I was incredibly impressed with the friendliness of all the folks in there. I also bought (well I'll have it in 28 days because I bought a 686 last week) Kimber Target II stainless .45. Just the gun I wanted and for a fair price.

I will definitely join their range when it opens, it's 9 mi from my house, I drive past on my way home from work. I'm absolutely giddy that they place is so close and they're such good guys.

I'm in the same boat as you. I do love RTSP but it's 22 miles vs 9. Unless there's a big disparity between the two I'd have to stay local.

Too many guns to remember... Your best bet is call them with the exact model you are looking for...

Does anyone know if or have you seen if they stock CZ's here? They're virtually impossible to find!

I'm in the same boat as you. I do love RTSP but it's 22 miles vs 9. Unless there's a big disparity between the two I'd have to stay local.

damn, we're all gonna be all over Luciano's when the range finally opens. I like RTSP but it's 35 mins away vs. 5 minutes for this new place. I never liked the bullethole and I only go to Paterson when I'm with my LEO friend.

Someone posted that they heard the membership was going to be $400 for the range. Hope this is not the case. RTSP is $350 and I think thats overpriced so $400 is insane. Hopefully that was just hear say. Guess we will find out once the range is built,

i Hope $400 a year is not the correct amount too. Lets face facts it is in Paterson. I know the owner is probably laying out a ton of money to build this range but lets not try to recoupe all this money in 6 months and if it is $400 a year what the hell do you get for that besides unlimited range time? I hope there's some free ammo coming with this membership and someone to reload my clips for me.

The only time i can see complaining about membership costs is when there's a big "one-time" fee on top of a high membership or a lot of work hours expected. Otherwise, it's either worth it or it isn't, depending on how often you shoot.

$400 = about 26 hours or twice a month, at the bullethole. If you shoot less than that, you don't need a range membership. If you shoot more, the membership pays for itself.

I checked out the store yesterday. Without a doubt the friendliest gun store I have been too. Great selection of pistols, long arms, knives, etc. Prices seemed pretty good as well, unfortunately cash is tight at the moment. I cannot wait for the range to open. They are only 3 miles from my house!

WTF? Nooooo, it's NOT in Paterson... It's in Woodland Park, which use to be West Paterson... a boring little town next to the city of Paterson. No relation otherwise.

Nothing like whining about memberships already. Don't join if it's too much. I'd like to think they'd have non-memberships too. Like hourly rates. So let's wait and see.... Stop speculating.

It's 60 miles round trip for me to Cherry Ridge.. Further for RTSP... My truck get's an average of 15 mpg... So it cost me $15 just to go to CR once.... $275 to renew every year... Go there twice a month let's say. So not counting ammo, it costs me over $630 bux just to be a member and get there. Do the math...

So, the hobby can be expensive or cheap. Your choice. While Lucianos is not a Cherry Ridge type range, (where the property itself is a beautiful day out),

it can sure as hell give you a decent deal if those really are the rates if you can go twice a month.

I can walk to Lucianos and no matter what the price, it would save me a ton of gas money. And I still would go to CR just because it's a beautiful day out.

i Hope $400 a year is not the correct amount too. Lets face facts it is in Paterson. I know the owner is probably laying out a ton of money to build this range but lets not try to recoupe all this money in 6 months and if it is $400 a year what the hell do you get for that besides unlimited range time? I hope there's some free ammo coming with this membership and someone to reload my clips for me.

I checked out the store yesterday. Without a doubt the friendless gun store I have been too. Great selection of pistols, long arms, knives, etc. Prices seemed pretty good as well, unfortunately cash is tight at the moment. I cannot wait for the range to open. They are only 3 miles from my house!

I think you meant FRIENDLIEST.

I agree with bhunted, let's not agonize over the membership when nothing official has been made public yet. Also for many of us the gas savings alone will make the difference. I for one am happy to see another range open than one closing.

Also let's be honest sport shooting isn't a cheap hobby to begin with, and I don't think we all decided to get into it because it was cheap. Now that I think of it nothing I do for fun is cheap , smoke cigars, drink wine, support working college girls educations.

Ok so in the opening topic it says Luciano's Lodi/West Paterson now your saying that it is Woodland Park. Which is it? Bottom line is you can call it what you will but it is and used to be Paterson. Change the name of the town still a shit hole. As far far as milage on your vehicle I did not post that I was in the marked to get a vehicle that's a gas guzzler. I was just stating that $400 a year was way to much to charge for a yearly membership. I dont have a problem with a membership just not being crazy with the charge.

Dude, you are fooking clueless. For your information and if you knew the area, West Paterson was part of Little Falls years ago. Like Elmwood Park which was East Paterson, both towns just disassociated with the name because of the bad rep the city of has. So a little history for your smart ass comments... When both towns, East or West Paterson were born, due to the popularity of the Great Silk Mills of the east coast where textiles were where you could thrive, these towns were proud to be next to the city and showed it. Since it's demise over the years, they chose to change names. Mostly due to greedy real estate brokers.

Another tid bit... I didn't start the thread of which I did, the name would be correct. The town has held the new name for over a few years now but lot of the old timers such as myself, still have a habit of using the old name.

As fir the mpg reference. I was trying to get you to understand what cost factors could entail and what the savings could also be.

So... With all that, don't like the association as you THINK you know it? Stay the fook out of our quaint little town and find somewhere else to shoot! OR get your facts straight!

Ok so in the opening topic it says Luciano's Lodi/West Paterson now your saying that it is Woodland Park. Which is it? Bottom line is you can call it what you will but it is and used to be Paterson. Change the name of the town still a shit hole. As far far as milage on your vehicle I did not post that I was in the marked to get a vehicle that's a gas guzzler. I was just stating that $400 a year was way to much to charge for a yearly membership. I dont have a problem with a membership just not being crazy with the charge.

Sent from John's iPad 2 via Tapatalk HD

Typos courtesy Apple...

Have you been there? West Paterson is really nice. I didn't realize the name change until recently, but understand why they did it.

Have you been there? West Paterson is really nice. I didn't realize the name change until recently, but understand why they did it.

And Elmwood Park used to be East Paterson. Anyone that can call woodland park a s--t hole knows nothing about the town, and has never been there.

Who cares what the town is called. In terms of firearms and individual rights, NJ is the most oppressive state in the Union. There are so few places to purchase firearms and even fewer places to shoot. I am estatic that not one put two ranges and gun stores have opened up (RTSP, Randolph and Luciano's, Woodland Park) in the past year. Hopefully it well help the sport of shooting and our rights will grow in this state. Let's take the energy we are using to fight over the name of the town and direct it at booting out the anti-gun politicians out office.

And Elmwood Park used to be East Paterson. Anyone that can call woodland park a s--t hole knows nothing about the town, and has never been there.

Yes, I was aware of Elmwood Park, but I think that was quite awhile ago as I never recall it being East Paterson.

My wife and I went to a wedding at the Westmont (sp?) a couple months ago, we had a great time and the town looks pretty damn peaceful to me.

East paterson was a very affluent area at one time. There are some beautiful homes on the hill bordering the park. And i have to agree who the heck cares about the name.

The shop is in a commercial area that is safe and relatively quiet and you wont find better customer service in this area at a gun shop.Not to mention the Police are in there every day drooling like the rest of us.

Right now, not the greatest. During the week, not too bad. But they share a parking lot with their neighbors, a commercial business where employees park. I've been there during the week mid morning and afternoon. Usually 3 or 4 spaces open. There is usually at least 4 people from Lucianos, then the neighboring biz. Not much left over. I haven't been there after hours yet, because I have no need to as I'm around all day.

One way or another, I'm sure it can be tight. At least after hours, the other comp shuts down and they leave. Once that back area gets opened up, there will be plenty. It's huge.

What's the parking situation like at the store?

Sent from John's iPad 2 via Tapatalk HD

Typos courtesy Apple...