Ammo Group Buy Calibers  

125 members have voted

1. 1. What caliber would you like to see.

• 223/5.56
    • 9mm
    • 40 sw
    • 7.62x39
    • 45 acp

I don't think anyone is trying to be disrespectful by backing out now. I of all people understand and love helping local businesses but it is a tough time for everyone and you can't blame people for trying to save a buck here and there. He is selling this at .36 a round before tax and it has been pretty easy to find it for .34 to your door online lately you just need to pay attention. At 1,000 rounds you are almost talking about a $40 difference. No one committed to buy and I don't blame people for not wanting to jump on this deal as it's ok but not great. I appreciate what our local vendors do for us and I'm sure they wish they could sell this to us for $5.00 a box but its just not possible. I would bet they thought it was going to be cheaper too but they are restricted by the vendors price. I'm sure some people will jump on this deal but it won't be for everyone. Now lets all get along and continue the nation wide ammo hoarding so we can blow it all the week after the election :)

I'm all for helping out a vendor, as long as it's mutual. I can drive 4 miles from my home and buy PMC .223 for $6.00 a box any day of the week. I buy Herters online when it's on sale for $4.00 a box. There's my price points.

Can you please let me know where your finding pmc for $6 a box?

Sorry we couldn't come up with number some of you would have found more appealing, but this seems to be the market we are in. If you know where someone has pmc for 6 dollars a box, I would go down and buy them out if I were you, because that's well, well lower than current cost.

Thanks to most of the people here for their support, again we were only trying to do something positive for the forum members.

Does the price drop at all if you place a large order?

For example, if we had 20 people commit to 1K rounds each, would that lower the cost from the distributor?

This may affect my participation as well. Is this the bottom line price or does your distributor have some room if we get a big number?

Any answer on my question?

Well 9mm came in 2nd place, maybe try that next? See if prices are better, I doubt 9mm is "flying off the shelves" like 223 seems to be.

Sorry we couldn't come up with number some of you would have found more appealing, but this seems to be the market we are in. If you know where someone has pmc for 6 dollars a box, I would go down and buy them out if I were you, because that's well, well lower than current cost.

Thanks to most of the people here for their support, again we were only trying to do something positive for the forum members.

Thank you all the same for your effort,I believe most of us would recognize that you didn't have to stick your neck out with any offer in the first place.So the pricing is not too palatable to some who may or may not be able to buy it for a song elsewhere,I for one would urge you to find out if there are similar deals on 9mm and promise no sarcastic retorts if you can't find it for $5.00 /50 landed.

Thanks again for your consideration.

Can you please let me know where your finding pmc for $6 a box?

The last time I purchased 55gr .223 at Jim Flynn's (two months ago), that's what he charged me. Cash only, no credit cards. Since I posted this, you best call before taking the drive.

The last time I purchased 55gr .223 at Jim Flynn's (two months ago), that's what he charged me. Cash only, no credit cards. Since I posted this, you best call before taking the drive.

Forgive me but when did 2 months ago become "any day of the week"?

ill pass i found some for 6.99 shipped

Wow this guy is saving a whopping $0.36 a box. Honestly I don't think it's that bad of a price for xm193. Ramsey Outdooor and Meltzer's both charge $10.99 a box for it. If the deal goes through I'll take a few boxes to support the local vendor.

Wow this guy is saving a whopping $0.36 a box. Honestly I don't think it's that bad of a price for xm193. Ramsey Outdooor and Meltzer's both charge $10.99 a box for it. If the deal goes through I'll take a few boxes to support the local vendor.

was trying to say no in a nice polite manner anyway that works out to be around 50$ less when you add in tax and all so yes if we are talking about saving money that whopping 36 cents a box adds up smarty, he advertised he would beat any online price and that was not the fact so instead of bashing him for it i politely said no so instead of calling me out for politely saying no you should have kept ur mouth err.. hands off the keyboard

but thank you for noticing my post :) and have a nice day

was trying to say no in a nice polite manner anyway that works out to be around 50$ less when you add in tax and all so yes if we are talking about saving money that whopping 36 cents a box adds up smarty, he advertised he would beat any online price and that was not the fact so instead of bashing him for it i politely said no so instead of calling me out for politely saying no you should have kept ur mouth err.. hands off the keyboard

but thank you for noticing my post :) and have a nice day

I never saw him say he could beat any price online. I was pointing out that I'd rather support the local new shop that does a great job of trying to hook our community up than pay .36 less at a big box store that doesn't care about you or I. Seriously the guys at EBS gave me a great price on a gun and I know they have done the same for others. I'd rather pay the extra $50 to the local guy (assuming you're ordering 1000 rounds) and know they'll still be in business when I need to pick something up. It's amazing everyone is always saying buy American and support local but when they get the chance to do it they'd rather save a few bucks. Sorry if you took it as a personal stab but I don't see .36 a box to be that big of a difference especially when it comes to supporting the local guy. Let's see cabelas go out of there way to find you something or work with you on getting the price you want.

I never saw him say he could beat any price online. I was pointing out that I'd rather support the local new shop that does a great job of trying to hook our community up than pay .36 less at a big box store that doesn't care about you or I. Seriously the guys at EBS gave me a great price on a gun and I know they have done the same for others. I'd rather pay the extra $50 to the local guy (assuming you're ordering 1000 rounds) and know they'll still be in business when I need to pick something up. It's amazing everyone is always saying buy American and support local but when they get the chance to do it they'd rather save a few bucks. Sorry if you took it as a personal stab but I don't see .36 a box to be that big of a difference especially when it comes to supporting the local guy. Let's see cabelas go out of there way to find you something or work with you on getting the price you want.

I couldn't agree more with your post, Mark.

I applaud East Brunswick Sportsman for trying to put this together. I figured if he could get somewhere below $0.30 per round, I'd be in for 500 to 1,000 rounds (depending on final price). It would have been worth the long drive to thank him for the effort. The final price doesn't make economical sense for me. I hope he still tries to put together a 9mm deal. Perhaps we can get in the happy-zone with that ammo.

Why is ammo always more expensive in NJ? I understand the brick and mortar thing, but you can always get it cheaper from brick and mortar stores that sell online. WTF? Is there some kind of secret NJ duty tax on ammo we don't know about?

NJ Dealers are buying at or slightly below the internet "deal" prices you guys get it at. They have to mark it up to make something for their time and effort. As stated previously, sales tax is the deal killer here. There is accountability to the Government. You guys can break the law and get away with it. (I am referencing the Use Tax that you don't file when submitting your yearly tax return) If the dealer breaks the law, he may lose his retailing license.

IMO, with the current 'shortage' of ammo and 'rising' costs, this is an acceptable deal for name brand brass ammo.

NJ Dealers are buying at or slightly below the internet "deal" prices you guys get it at. They have to mark it up to make something for their time and effort. As stated previously, sales tax is the deal killer here. There is accountability to the Government. You guys can break the law and get away with it. (I am referencing the Use Tax that you don't file when submitting your yearly tax return) If the dealer breaks the law, he may lose his retailing license.

IMO, with the current 'shortage' of ammo and 'rising' costs, this is an acceptable deal for name brand brass ammo.

Ok. So NJ dealers get it or at the internet price we can get it at, right? So what do the internet dealers get the ammo for? And why can't NJ dealers get it for what the out of state internet guys get it for?

You can't tell me that the internet dealers are not making a profit.

That is what I don't understand.

BTW. The ammo price per box in NJ is usually higher before taxes.

We are not trying to waste anyones time. The price will be cheaper than internet pricing.

here is where that was stated about the pricing its on the first page towards the bottom so that is what i based my comment off of