Ammo Group Buy Calibers  

125 members have voted

1. 1. What caliber would you like to see.

• 223/5.56
    • 9mm
    • 40 sw
    • 7.62x39
    • 45 acp

Just off the phone with my distributor. 55gn 5.56 for 7.35 a box + tax and that covers shipping. just over 36 cents a round.

We would need deposits up front for those who would want to order.

Does the price drop at all if you place a large order?

For example, if we had 20 people commit to 1K rounds each, would that lower the cost from the distributor?

Its going to be either federal or winchester 5.56.

What kind of ammo? Isn't really that great of a deal.

We are just trying to do something good for the forum members. I would venture to say that it would be next to impossible or will be soon to find 5.56 for this price per box, at this point, in a brick and mortar store in NJ.

I would venture to say that it would be next to impossible or will be soon to find 5.56 for this price per box, at this point, in a brick and mortar store in NJ.

Next to impossible, but not. At $7.35 per box I'll have to pass.

Does the price drop at all if you place a large order?

For example, if we had 20 people commit to 1K rounds each, would that lower the cost from the distributor?

This may affect my participation as well. Is this the bottom line price or does your distributor have some room if we get a big number?

Damn guys. As much as I pick jokes at the AR guys and I never buy 5.56 ammo, I must say I am a little disappointed at the feedback here. I mean EBS is a forum vendor here, rather new forum vendor nonetheless, and here they are trying to help us NJ gun owners out on an ammo buy. Ok, so you might be able to find it a little cheaper somewhere else, but what ever happened to not only helping yourself out, but helping out a forum vendor/local business? It makes me think of a sign that a local restaurant had up outside, 'eat here or we will both starve'. It is a very strong statement, but at the same time, it's true.

Just the other day I went to a local shop and found 9mm for a little over 12 bucks a box...I thought yeah, I could get it for a little cheaper on the net but add on shipping and the fact that I have to use my CC and I decided I'd buy a case locally. That way I can pay cash and support the local business even though I ended up paying 40 bucks more than what I would on the net.

Just wondering, what are most of you paying for a case of brass cased 5.56? I did a quick search and found a lot of steel cased for $5-6 a box on average, but $6-8 for brass cased..so EBS' price isn't that much more, or at least it doesn't seem like it. Plus it includes shipping. But I don't buy this type of ammo so I am no expert.

Damn guys. As much as I pick jokes at the AR guys and I never buy 5.56 ammo, I must say I am a little disappointed at the feedback here. I mean EBS is a forum vendor here, rather new forum vendor nonetheless, and here they are trying to help us NJ gun owners out on an ammo buy.

I'm all for helping out a vendor, as long as it's mutual. I can drive 4 miles from my home and buy PMC .223 for $6.00 a box any day of the week. I buy Herters online when it's on sale for $4.00 a box. There's my price points.