Cemeterys Gun Blob

Trayvon Amendment: End Self Defense Laws or NO $$$

Just when we thought stuff like this was a joke;

in the U.S. Senate which, if passed, would preempt ALL State “Stand Your Ground” (SYG) laws. The new bill would impose a national duty to retreat at all times when one encounters a criminal threat or is about to become a victim of violent crime

http://njgunforums.com/forum/index.php?/topic/35250-lautenmummy-is-back-at-it/page__fromsearch__1

We get this;

"'Shoot-first' laws have already cost too many lives. In Florida alone, deaths due to self-defense have tripled since the law was enacted. Federal money shouldn't be spent supporting states with laws that endanger their own people," said Reps. Raul Grijalva of Arizona and Keith Ellison of Minnesota, the two Democrats who are offering the legislation. "This is no different than withholding transportation funds from states that don't enforce seat-belt laws."

http://www.washingtontimes.com/blog/inside-politics/2012/may/8/house-vote-trayvon-amendment/

https://www.google.com/search?q=trayvon+amendment&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8&aq=t&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:official&client=firefox-a

Wow. What is with the Left and their hatred of self defense?

:hopechange2sp6nv4-1:

We don't need federal money for self-defense, although its funny how they bring up something like funding for transportation and seat belts, then say NO state funding AT ALL for self-defense states. Just goes to show the mentality.

Federal money shouldn't be spent supporting states with laws that endanger their own people

- anyone with a brain can see this goes both ways, support SYG- endanger the bad guy, anit-SYG endanger the law abiding citizen... Either way someone is getting the short end of the stick.

I can see states rebelling against this steaming pile. That is,... if it actually passes, which I doubt it will. The bill is unconstitutional in every way. We will not go the way of the United Kingdom where victims go to jail if they attempt to fight back. The persons responsible for drafting this pile should be recalled by their respective citizens of their states and thrown out of office for even suggesting legislation like this.

"'Shoot-first' laws have already cost too many lives. In Florida alone, deaths due to self-defense have tripled since the law was enacted..." said Reps. Raul Grijalva of Arizona and Keith Ellison of Minnesota, the two Democrats who are offering the legislation.

Yeah, because we'd much rather have those deaths replaced by the mugging, rape, or murder of the victim instead. Idiots.

Highly doubt this will pass. Just another piece of feel good legislation drafted by the left to say "I tried to do something about this". Just meat for them to take home to their constituents. The only way this will pass is if it gets attached to something that the republicans really want, like a balanced budget amendment, or national reciprocity.

9th district house of reps.

I also contacted 9th district legislative offices to urge nj house of reps to vote no to the trayvon amendment.

http://district9.sen...pcf7-f9-p398-o1

http://rothman.house...id=39&Itemid=35

everyone should post their reps for their district maybe we can get a sticky going and bug the hell out of them to vote no to this amendment.

I was in St. Louis today and was telling some of the locals I was with about the NJ duty to retreat. They were in shock that any state would have such idiotic laws.

Im sure this pile of elephant dung will get all kinds of press from the leftist media and of course the Brady bunch. Just remember, November is around the corner...

http://www.washingtontimes.com/blog/inside-politics/2012/may/8/democrats-withdraw-trayvon-amendment/

"Democrats backed off of their effort Tuesday to offer a "Trayvon amendment" to pressure states to drop their stand-your-ground laws after learning it was likely to be ruled out of order under the evening's rules for debate on the House floor."

Deaths of the bad guys has tripled...how is that somehow worse than someone being victimized by a scumbag? I've always been a registered democrat, but I think it's time to change that. My problem is that I'm a Republican when it comes to law and order, but more of a democrat on social issues like abortion. There are no candidates for me in NJ. :(

Deaths of the bad guys has tripled...how is that somehow worse than someone being victimized by a scumbag? I've always been a registered democrat, but I think it's time to change that. My problem is that I'm a Republican when it comes to law and order, but more of a democrat on social issues like abortion. There are no candidates for me in NJ. :(

Reasons why the two-party system is dumb. Find me a candidate who is pro-gun, pro-choice, pro-gay rights, and pro-small gov't and I'll vote for them in an instant. I don't think I've ever agreed with any candidate on every issue, granted I'm still young, but still, I doubt it will happen in my lifetime anyway.

And I'd rather have 3x more dead bad guys than any number of victimized innocents any day. In my eyes, bad guys spin that wheel every time they decide to do something wrong. CCW and self-defense is the only way we can try to protect ourselves from it and have a fighting chance. I really want to know what the anti's answer to "What am I supposed to do if I get attacked?" is, because "run and call for help" is less than useless when someone is already attacking you.

I really want to know what the anti's answer to "What am I supposed to do if I get attacked?" is, because "run and call for help" is less than useless when someone is already attacking you.

I kind of recall it was Handgun Control (way back when) telling people to be a good victim and give the criminal what they want in hopes that they leave you alone.

I kind of recall it was Handgun Control (way back when) telling people to be a good victim and give the criminal what they want in hopes that they leave you alone.

We have a saying at work that "Hope" is not a valid engineering method. Therefore, what makes it a valid self-defense method? Last I checked the Declaration of Independence doesn't say that we get to "HOPE" for life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness.

We have a saying at work that "Hope" is not a valid engineering method. Therefore, what makes it a valid self-defense method? Last I checked the Declaration of Independence doesn't say that we get to "HOPE" for life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness.

But the bad guys are pursuing happiness by robbing people....that must be why it's ok apparently.

Reasons why the two-party system is dumb. Find me a candidate who is pro-gun, pro-choice, pro-gay rights, and pro-small gov't and I'll vote for them in an instant. I don't think I've ever agreed with any candidate on every issue, granted I'm still young, but still, I doubt it will happen in my lifetime anyway.

And I'd rather have 3x more dead bad guys than any number of victimized innocents any day. In my eyes, bad guys spin that wheel every time they decide to do something wrong. CCW and self-defense is the only way we can try to protect ourselves from it and have a fighting chance. I really want to know what the anti's answer to "What am I supposed to do if I get attacked?" is, because "run and call for help" is less than useless when someone is already attacking you.

I think this maybe a libertarian perspective like I have... leaning towards the conservative but not to the extreme..

I wanna be the person of compromise.

Some in the Senate & House feel we have a duty to retreat.

Many citizens feel we are allowed to self defend.

So I suggest:

As you are backing away from the bad guy, shoot at him.

Problem solved.

I wanna be the person of compromise.

Some in the Senate & House feel we have a duty to retreat.

Many citizens feel we are allowed to self defend.

So I suggest:

As you are backing away from the bad guy, shoot at him.

Problem solved.

Perfect Solution!!!!

This x1123123