Steve_G

USPSA@Old Bridge 05/27/12

I'm registered shooting single stack 4 8 round mags two 7 and two two mag pouches should be good right that gives me 39 rounds for a stage actully 40 if I start with one in the pipe can't wait first match will be there early for the safety meeting

.45 1911 mags? Maybe somebody can chime and and lend you one or 2 for the match.

stage counts vary, if you cut yourself that close with round count though you might have problems if you miss ( like me ) last time they had a bunch of small steel targets pretty far away that were tough to hit.

.45 1911 mags? Maybe somebody can chime and and lend you one or 2 for the match.

stage counts vary, if you cut yourself that close with round count though you might have problems if you miss ( like me ) last time they had a bunch of small steel targets pretty far away that were tough to hit.

I always keep my .45 mags in my range bag. They're 8 rounders so, Mikey you can borrow them if you need to. I also have pouches if you need to use them.

Guys, what do I need for this event, never did one before. What is the typical round count per stage. Gotta make some moonclip holders to hang on my belt. I'm borrowing Crazy Mikes idea and will make my own, just need to know how many I will need. I miss a lot, wanna make sure I don't run out of ammo!

Guys, what do I need for this event, never did one before. What is the typical round count per stage. Gotta make some moonclip holders to hang on my belt. I'm borrowing Crazy Mikes idea and will make my own, just need to know how many I will need. I miss a lot, wanna make sure I don't run out of ammo!

By the rules max round count per stage is 32. Given lots of stages are not revolver friendly, optimal strategy may require dumping some loaded rounds on the move.

Moved in with the fiancee. Still trying to get things together. Plus my mom's down this weekend so we're doing additional wedding planning.

I hear ya Nick, just busting your chops. Just remember no matter what keep momma happy, if momma ain't happy, nobody's happy. And momma be you future bride in case you needed additional clarification. ;)

Mike, if you're going to make up a holder like the 4 post holders that hold 2 or 3 moon-clips on each post you should be good with 8 moon-clips loaded. I was thinking and forgot to mention it, if you didn't have that done for the match, what about a shot-shell holders bag on your side, moon-clip wouldn't bel all nice and neat facing the same direction, but better than pockets and what not.

As far as the match, I could swear we have shot OBRAMS together, and I know you shot the Indoor USPSA light on Friday nights before, so while you may have not shot a USPSA match, it's the same as these. Just take your time, focus on safety and having a good time like you always do.

Yep, have done OBRAMS several times plus I did a few of the USPSA Friday night deal at OBRPC plus...........I did the classifier last year and have my hard-earned D rating!

Good thinking with the shot shell holder, have plenty of those! I'll try to make moon clip holders anyway.

I'll try not to "Nick-it" and shoot at the rocks. ;)

Harry, I can't make this weekend but am going to try to make one of the Friday night matches.

Can you tell me what a moon clip holder is, or how to make one.

I also need a holster and belt.

Ugh. I stopped boating and fishing due to the time and expense. Silly me.

c3dd2bd6a42ea5c74a3112caa1c5.jpg

Can you tell me what a moon clip holder is, or how to make one.

A moonclip holder is for a revolver that fires rimless cartridges. You don't have to worry about that with your Beretta.

Here are loaded and unloaded moonclips and what I use to transport them in my range bag.

30kwri9.jpg

Adios,

Pizza Bob

That is nice Bob. I have 21 moonclips loaded and sitting inside a cigar box! Built a couple of moonclip holders and mounted them to my belt. Gotta take a picture of this fabulous creation, but only if it works tomorrow!

Holy my, this will be my first match in a month. lol Actually, first time shooting a gun in a month.

just realized I am nearly out of 40 cal. Time to see if I can find some around.

If I hadn't gotten out to obrams, it'd be the first match I got to shoot in 2.5 months.